Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
'Blessing of the Bikes' (Read 131 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: 'Blessing of the Bikes'
Reply #15 - 10/14/17 at 21:22:15

I just read it's been confirmed there were 12,000 people there!!

It is a great event. It's like a "Show n Shine" without the registration.

Great atmosphere  Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #16 - 12/09/17 at 21:26:59

Just thought I'd revisit this thread. So it turned out there were 12,000 bikes at the new location. A couple of big convoys made their way down here. The guy who organises the event asked me if he could use one of my photos in a FB post about the event. We got talking, and I may be designing the logo for next year's event.

As a new rider, one of the things I am most impressed by is the camaraderie among bikers ... I really had no idea. It is a true joy of life: everything from nodding to fellow riders on the rode, through chatting with fellow bikers at cafes, to finding a job because I needed help with carb tuning!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 12/09/17 at 22:16:18

I like them "Biker Fellers" !  Wink   Met a grumpy one once but found out he was suffering from back pain something aufful and he wasn't ornry he was just in pain .    We still got-along just fine.  Smiley    His back pain wasn't from ridding  , it was do to working  Labor Jobs all his life .

I've been trying to figure how to put up an "Arch" to ride under ever since I saw the one ya'll do ... Great Idea !!  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #18 - 12/09/17 at 23:39:36

Speaking of 'grumpy old bikers' reminds me of two guys I've met recently. I used to wonder, why would anyone ride a trike?! One guy had a stroke, he had the best stories!, and his balance was shot. The other guy hit a tree on a country road when his Harley slid out on a country road! he was almost 70. I met him again one day and asked how's the leg was going - "The Doc said it's not healing - it's just age".

Now I understand why people would ride a trike!

BTW, the term 'arch' is used loosely. It's a pine frame with a hand-painted fascia Wink

It's the spirit that counts!

For what it's worth, I didn't ride though the arch, for fear of catching on fire!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 05:48:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › 'Blessing of the Bikes'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.