Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
'Blessing of the Bikes' (Read 131 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
'Blessing of the Bikes'
10/12/17 at 18:20:43

Every year here in Australia we have an event called the 'Blessing of the Bikes'. A well known but unconventional Catholic priest called Father Bob blesses the bikes as they ride through an arch. (I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church was relieved when he retired! Because he is unconventional AND extremely loved by all).

I went last year when it was held in its traditional location in Mirboo North (about and hour and a half ride from my home). There were 6000 bikes there - I didn't see one Savage/S40!

This year the event had moved to San Remo, 15 minutes up the road from me  Grin. They are expecting 8000 bikes.

There were so many stand-out bikes last year, I didn't know where to look. The attached image is of one that 'spoke to me' ... and how about that Indian in the background?!

It's on tomorrow, me and my mate are gonna ride up the road to check it out Cool

IMG_20171013_121717.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Re: 'Blessing of the Bikes'
Reply #1 - 10/12/17 at 18:40:21

That's great!  Somebody ought to start that here in the US.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/12/17 at 19:00:46

we have our own reverend ranch who blesses our bikes.

right now he's blessing the grill...

maning-the-grill.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 10/12/17 at 19:19:49

I'm glad you posted this information .

Our CMAUSA Chapter and most of the area chapters meet in Chattanooga every spring for a Blessing of the Bikes.      
Yea , at River Front Park , first Saturday of April.   It seems like most of  the bikes in Chattanooga show-up .   Folks come and go all morning but I don't suspect the total number is over 1000 , including the CMAUSA groups .  
The Chattanooga Chapter sets up tables and brings donuts and coffee/hot chocolate , then later switches to hot-dogs and chips.   All the other chapters help with  serving and blessing bikes/riders as the day wears on.  
Seems like we could take a lesson from the way ya'll run the event !   I like the idea of passing under the arch .  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #4 - 10/13/17 at 10:26:58

The Victory is a Vegas. I can't tell what year but there are quite a few people from down under who post on the Victory sites I read that have Victory products. Pity Polaris killed them.

The Indian appears to be a Scout. They're nice too but I'd rather have the Vegas.  Wink

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #5 - 10/13/17 at 22:33:17

Just got back from today's Blessing of the Bikes. It was difficult to get a single photo that represented the event. This is the best I could do. It's literally a sample!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #6 - 10/13/17 at 22:35:36

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 10/13/17 at 10:26:58:
The Victory is a Vegas. I can't tell what year but there are quite a few people from down under who post on the Victory sites I read that have Victory products. Pity Polaris killed them.

The Indian appears to be a Scout. They're nice too but I'd rather have the Vegas.  Wink

Thanks for the info mate Wink

A couple more caught my eye today. I don't know why, because I would never buy one .... maybe just because 90% of the bikes there were Harley's! ... and these aren't Cool

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #7 - 10/13/17 at 22:36:47

No Savages there, as far as I could tell. And I could only find one Thumper (apart from a Postie Bike.)

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 10/14/17 at 03:29:48

There sure is a lot of black and chrome in that group photo!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #9 - 10/14/17 at 04:11:44

I don't know about the States, but here in Australia, black seems to be the go-to color for Harley riders. If not, then it's something right out there like a custom, metallic orange.

Yamaha V-Star riders seem to enjoy colors more around here.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #10 - 10/14/17 at 12:25:06

Given the alleged reliability issues with some Harleys, maybe they need blessing.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #11 - 10/14/17 at 13:13:48

jcstokes wrote on 10/14/17 at 12:25:06:
Given the alleged reliability issues with some Harleys, maybe they need blessing.

Haha ... someone had to 'go there'! Lol. I've seen forums where you'd start a flame-war with that kind of talk. People on here ... not so much  Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #12 - 10/14/17 at 17:36:44

I've got an 883 fuel injected , rubber mounted 2007 Sportster w/40,000 ish miles on it .  It would be a keeper if I had not found a Guzzi does everything the Sportster does @ 150 lbs lighter. 😉

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #13 - 10/14/17 at 19:16:43

MMRanch wrote on 10/14/17 at 17:36:44:
I've got an 883 fuel injected , rubber mounted 2007 Sportster w/40,000 ish miles on it .  It would be a keeper if I had not found a Guzzi does everything the Sportster does @ 150 lbs lighter. 😉

weight-to-power is way up on my list too.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #14 - 10/14/17 at 21:15:48

Ya'll's Blessing of the Bikes looks like a FUN Event !   That many Bikers together in one place swapping stories and such would have me going back year after year !   Cool

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 10:21:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › 'Blessing of the Bikes'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.