Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who has fooled around with Thunder Products stuff (Read 152 times)
NMSavage

A Savage Twist of
the Wrist...no
mistakin' TORQUE!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Who has fooled around with Thunder Products stuff
10/12/17 at 15:39:54

Greetings,

Thunder Products offers a number of items that I am wondering about.  I'm sold on the UFO.  Anyone on the forum tried the dial a jet or intelajet or Thunder Power Jet or the Deep well nut?  There's a mikuni roundslide 36vm in my near future so am wondering what pieces and combinations you members have tried and liked.  

Thanks in advance!!

* NMSavage

2007 S40 is now a Savage Street Tracker, Hi-Comp piston, Mikuni Round Slide, Custom header, Chain conversion, Personalized by loving rebuild: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1536957321/0#0
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Who has fooled around with Thunder Products st
Reply #1 - 10/12/17 at 19:07:15

NMSavage I can tell you all about it but very busy tonite will post it Friday night. Do you have any specific questions ? If so post them.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
NMSavage

A Savage Twist of
the Wrist...no
mistakin' TORQUE!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reply #2 - 10/13/17 at 06:43:39

Thanks Ruttly for your response.

I guess a specific question would be what have you tried that works well in the performance category?  Seems the dial a jet and intelajet do the same thing only the intelajet design let's the operator mount and work the controls from the cockpit. Both products appear to allow for jetting changes via the dial relieving the need to physically change jets.  That would be nice even though changing jets is more tedious than difficult.

What does the power jet do...same thing...different approach? Would the deep well nuts help with or without the other products?

2007 S40 is now a Savage Street Tracker, Hi-Comp piston, Mikuni Round Slide, Custom header, Chain conversion, Personalized by loving rebuild: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1536957321/0#0
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 10/13/17 at 08:29:56

I think your talking about the extended main jet, when you say,"deep well nuts" these are used in snowmobile carbs as the fuel level in the bowls tends to fly around and the carbs loose suction in ruff going ,I think they might have limited use on an off road bike ,but not a street bike.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 10/13/17 at 09:24:07

I use the UFO, DAJ or IntelaJet & Torque Wing on my carb.
I have not used any other carb related mod's from Thunder Products.
(Lonn and his wife Anne, are straight up people)

The UFO, as you noted, fills the space on the bottom of the slide eliminating turbulence normally created there, and thereby smoothing the airflow in the carb throat.  This enables the carb to pick up fuel from the bowl more easily and efficiently and respond to throttle changes much more quickly.  
The result can be felt by the dramatic change in responsiveness and power in the low to mid range.

The DAJ and the IntelaJet do serve the same purpose of providing fuel for  the mid to high throttle range.  As noted, the DAJ is adjusted on the device itself, whereas the IntelaJet has its control on the bars.  The DAJ will adjust about 3 main jet sizes, but the IntelaJet will adjust up to 5 main jet sizes, so it is a bit more versatile.  This is especially useful when riding in the mountains since the DAJ/IntelaJet will automatically adjust the fuel needed and eliminates jetting changes normally needed.

The Quad Flow Torque Wing installs on the engine side in the carb throat.  Its' purpose is to keep the air flow coming out of the carb as smooth as possible, which increases flow rate and that gets more fuel/air into the engine, making more power.

I have not used the Power Jet.  With the DAJ or IntelaJet it is not necessary, and I prefer the fine mist vs raw fuel injected  by the PJ.

I do use the Deep Well Float Bowl Nut on my carb.  It might not be necessary with the DAJ or IntelaJet but I like it just as a little insurance that the fuel will not run out on me.

IP Logged
NMSavage

A Savage Twist of
the Wrist...no
mistakin' TORQUE!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reply #5 - 10/13/17 at 09:48:14

Thanks Batman.  I sort of didn't connect the dots that these folks are snowmachine gurus.  Makes sense living in Minnesota.  The Deep Well Bowl nuts do proclaim to eliminate fuel starving issues.

Thank you Lancer for sharing your experience as always in detail. Having 5 main jet sizes at your finger tips would be nice...but having it on the bars would be an aesthetic decision for me. I live in Las Cruces NM...that starts at 4K feet. Any cruising to the mountains would be going up to 8-9K...finger tip versatility would be nice.

I've been trying to connect with these folks by telephone for a few days and have only had success at reaching a busy signal.  Good for them to be busy.  I'm sure they know their products and can advise on specific application.  However, with this input from fellow forum members, my shopping list has shortened.  Tip of the hat to all that responded.

* NMSavage

IP Logged
NMSavage

A Savage Twist of
the Wrist...no
mistakin' TORQUE!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reply #6 - 10/13/17 at 11:50:30

Okay forum members here's my final shopping list with Thunder Products.  I formulated this after forum input and talking with Lonn (Owner Thunder Products).  He's very familiar with the 650 Savage carburation needs because of the advanced work he's done with Lancer...and is super knowledgable about carb function. Easy to talk to...enthusiastic about helping.

Lonn called this the trifecta for a Mikuni 36VM on a Savage 650:
UFO (Ultimate Flow Optimizer    part #3638)

Quad Flow Torque Wing            Order for Mikuni 36vm round slide

Dial-a-Jet or IntelaJet               part #DJ-109-F or IJ-210-AO  (for 2007 bike...bank account will make the final
                                              decision between $75 or $200)                                                                                        

Deep Well Float Bowl Nut          part #DJ-540 (works in concert with Dial-a- Jet or IntelaJet to optimize fuel availability)

The PowerJet was designed for builders with no real baseline to get a new motor build jetted and operates much differently that the Dial-a-Jet or IntelaJet a la Lancer's comment about raw versus atomized fuel being delivered.

Note the post from Lancer hands us this template.
I don't know how to close a discussion thread on the forum.  But, that about covers it for this topic for me.  Thank you all who joined in the discussion.

* NMSavage

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 10/13/17 at 12:16:56

You can't stop now........we haven't even filled up a full page yet! Huh

« Last Edit: 10/14/17 at 03:23:29 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 10/13/17 at 12:29:05

Dave wrote on 10/13/17 at 12:16:56:

You've got a good point there Dave !

IP Logged
StuckinTexas
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/13/17 at 16:08:12

LANCER wrote on 10/13/17 at 12:29:05:

Hey Lancer I can't message you because of my post count but I sent you a payment for a jet kit over a week ago. To the Potranco address in Texas.
Have you received it? I sent it through paypal on 9/25  

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 10/13/17 at 17:22:58

StuckinTexas wrote on 10/13/17 at 16:08:12:
LANCER wrote on 10/13/17 at 12:29:05:

Hey Lancer I can't message you because of my post count but I sent you a payment for a jet kit over a week ago. To the Potranco address in Texas.
Have you received it? I sent it through paypal on 9/25  

Danny, yes I did receive your Paypal.  I have been waiting on a resupply of jets, the last of which just arrived today.  I thought I had contacted you about the delay.  Sorry for the oversight.
The JETSET will be on the way in the morning.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #11 - 10/13/17 at 21:29:40

NMsavage make some more posts and I can give you a few tip via PM

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
NMSavage

A Savage Twist of
the Wrist...no
mistakin' TORQUE!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reply #12 - 10/14/17 at 15:27:23

Well Ruttly...I'll do my best to come up with something worthy of comment and discussion.  Let me think..........

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 10/14/17 at 15:41:54

NMSavage wrote on 10/14/17 at 15:27:23:
Well Ruttly...I'll do my best to come up with something worthy of comment and discussion.  Let me think..........

Oooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyy.  😏

When do we know ? ?

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #14 - 10/14/17 at 19:53:52

NMSavage PM sent

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 03:01:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who has fooled around with Thunder Products stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.