Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mid mount controls for S40 (Read 126 times)
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Mid mount controls for S40
10/11/17 at 15:35:17

Anybody makes mid mount controls for the S40?

I rode my S40 for nearly a year now, and the one thing I hate about it are those forward controls. I realize I am in the minority, but I find I have much better control with mid mounts (my Sportster has them), especially at low speeds. I must add that all my riding in the past (various 1956 to 1962 BSA and Ariel bikes, plus a 1967 BMW R60/2), was done on bikes with mid mount controls. I just can't get used to those forward controls.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Mid mount controls for S40
Reply #1 - 10/11/17 at 16:52:13

There are no bolt-on options. Your gonna have to fabricate or have them made for you. Check out Ohiomoto's build thread. He did a nice job on the mid controls.

The RYCA rear sets are not too rear set, that's a bolt on option.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 10/11/17 at 17:49:18

I agree MLC......all my riding previous to the Savage was on bikes with pegs in the middle, and that just feels better to me.

I have the RYCA rear sets on my Cafe' conversion.....I think they are too high and too far back if you are going to be running the stock seat.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #3 - 10/17/17 at 11:17:03

I posted mine in this thread:  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1487785879/0

It might be a little easier to just buy a Ryca mount and modify it to accept your mids.  Mine was cheaper but time consuming and my brackets ended up very similar to Ryca's in terms of location.  

I have to say than mine are perfect with my seat, but at 6'3" tall, I would NEVER be able to ride the bike with mids and a stock seat.

IP Logged
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Reply #4 - 10/17/17 at 16:44:05

Thanks. I really like the S40, for me it's like riding an updated Ariel Red Hunter, and I loved that bike. I had a 1956 Red hunter 500 cc for a few years back in the 60s. But those S40 forward controls! I hate them, so if I am going to keep the S40, I need mid mounts, or, second choice, rear sets. I must add I am only 5' 3", so mid mounts would not be a problem even on such a small bike as the S40. I realize you tall riders are better served with forward controls.

I might get the Ryca rear sets, and see what I can do with them.

Ohiomoto, thanks for the link, but I don't see any photos. Is it my problem, or Photobucket blocks the pics?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 11:20:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mid mount controls for S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.