Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Look out Serowbot! (Read 411 times)
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Look out Serowbot!
Reply #30 - 11/28/17 at 03:01:57

Oh man I moved from tucson may 2016 back to my home of record in san francisco. The folks at lucky strike bowling alley know me by name, I left alot of good folks out there. Tucson locals were real nice to me had to get out of the heat though

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 11/30/17 at 19:17:44

Serowbot and GeraldHughes from this forum, and a friend of Serowbot's named George all took the wife and I for a ride up Mount Lemmon.  After the ride back down Gerald left us and the rest of us continued to Vail, then on to the US aircraft boneyard so I could see the thousands of mothballed planes!

Tomorrow we are going on a longer ride......I am really starting to like this BMW - it is really fast and really fancy.  I even  got to set the cruise control on one road to give it a try.

I have come to the conclusion that if I ever own a luxury car......it will be this motorcycle! Wink

A view from Mount Lemmon....the road we rode up on can be seen in the lower left side of the photo.

« Last Edit: 12/02/17 at 06:16:58 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 12/01/17 at 12:30:06

Now that this has become a group ride you'll have to send more pictures.  We also want to see some cool airplanes at the bone yard.  Have fun and keep your Savage spirit alive even if you are liking that BMW.  

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #33 - 12/01/17 at 15:51:53

Serowbot and GeraldHughes from this forum, and a friend of Serowbot's named George all took the wife and I for a ride up Mount Lemmon.  

is the devils rocking chair still up there?
last time I was there in 72

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #34 - 12/01/17 at 17:27:10

Making the most of Dave's bike rental today...
We did Tucson to Sonoita, to Elgin back to Sonoita to Patagonia for lunch, on to Nogales, RioRico, Tubac, Amado to Green Valley, past the strip mines then up to the San Xavier del Bac Mission...
Beautiful ride,... great time.  Dave and Deb are so fun...

Have pics,.. will post, as soon as I get TinyPic to cooperate... Cool

PS... Devil's chair is still there... but it won't last...
Probably gonna' fall down sometime in the next 20 million years...
Better hurry back... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #35 - 12/01/17 at 18:37:38

PS... Devil's chair is still there... but it won't last...
Probably gonna' fall down sometime in the next 20 million years...
Better hurry back... Grin...

did your guests get to enjoy Cheesy it??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #36 - 12/02/17 at 09:12:15

Pics...

Dave's checking his oil... Grin

Dave and Deb...  Windy Point, Mt.Lemmon

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 12/02/17 at 09:16:05

More pics...

The Longhorn, Amado,Az...

Luxury ride...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #38 - 12/02/17 at 09:18:14

More...

San Xavier del Bac Mission...

Mmmm, fresh Indian fry bread...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #39 - 12/03/17 at 11:37:34

Yesterday Deb and I hiked Sabino Canyon, and we met this young female cactus!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #40 - 12/03/17 at 12:01:38

Just remember... look but no touchie.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #41 - 12/05/17 at 17:34:06

Not sure why the cactus posted sideways.....it was not that way when I used Tinypic to load it.

We are still out here having fun.  Sunday we went to the morning mass at Mission Xavier del Bac, then we went to Tombstone and saw the OK Corral shoot out, toured a silver mine and Boot Hill.  On Monday we went to the Kertchner Cave, then went to Nogales and drove along the border and inspected the wall.  On Tuesday we toured the Titan Missile museum and got to see it up close and personal....the lady that gave the tour was one of the people who manned one of the missiles when they were in service.......then we went up Mount Lemmen to do some hiking - but it didn't work out.  Once we started up the hill the temperature started dropping and it was 37 degrees and snowing on top!  We came back down the hill and did some hiking in Bear Canyon where it was a tolerable 59 degrees.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #42 - 12/05/17 at 22:03:19

Dave wrote on 12/03/17 at 11:37:34:
Yesterday Deb and I hiked Sabino Canyon, and we met this young female cactus!
http://i65.tinypic.com/rqvf4o.jpg

Now...when I look at just the top half of the image I'm thinking it could cross for a male?  Is this one of those gender neutral cacti?   Shocked Shocked Grin Grin

Glad to see y'all having a good time!

rqvf4o.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #43 - 12/11/17 at 05:37:21

We are back home!  I stopped posting as the laptop computer was not easy to type on, and it kept turning my photos sideways.

Serowbot was just as fun in person as he is on the forum......and he took us on great rides and showed us the scenery.  Mount Lemmon provides a ride that is sort of like combining the Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway - it is long, and the curves are not as tight as the Dragon but not as big/fast as the Skyway.....the scenery and views are fantastic!    

Tuscon was a wonderful place to visit.  The number of museums and towns to visit is seemingly endless - we had lot of places that we just didn't have time to go see.  We visited caves, mines, Tombstone and the  Boothill Cemetery, Bisbee, Nogales, the Airplane Boneyard, Pima Air & Space Museum where they had 80 acres of airplanes, the Titan Missile Museum.

The rental BMW R1200RT was really a jewel - it was powerful and fast (125HP), smooth as silk, it has a windshield that raises and lowers at the touch of a button, electronically adjustable suspension and ride, heated front and rear seats, heated grips, cruise control, traction control, ABS brakes, radio, a display that has 2 trips meters, air temperature, fuel gauge and miles to go on remaining fuel, engine temp, altitude, mph & rpm, digital gear indicator, and a really amazing GPS system built into the dash.  The luggage is spacious and easy to operate, and it removes with just the turn of a key.  They are a bit heavy but it is still manageable at this point in my life........and they are really expensive to buy new - but it was the smoothest (both engine and ride quality) and the most comfortable motorcycle I have ever ridden.  I am going to explore the possibility of buying a used one - the prices of used ones drops drastically after the "new" purchase, and it may be possible that I could afford to buy a good used one.

Here is a photo of the first day with the bike when we rode up Mount Lemmon.  Gerald Hughes from this forum is in his Fiat, Serowbot is on the right, I am in the middle, and Serowbot's friend George is on the left.

I plan on going back to Tucson someday...and it would be a great place for a late fall/early winter group ride!

« Last Edit: 12/11/17 at 13:53:33 by Dave »  

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 12/11/17 at 09:57:58

Dave, sounds like you had a great time!  Thanks for posting the updates and the pictures.  I enjoy reading about everyone's adventures.  I'll be stopping in at a BMW dealer this week, they always have lots of new and used ones on the floor and I'll let you know if I see any bargains.  

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 05:28:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Look out Serowbot!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.