4 shots was enough (Read 122 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
4 shots was enough
10/07/17 at 21:48:39

I wanted to go to the range today but did not go. I still had the shooting bug in me so I got out the pellet rifle and set up a target at about 20-21 feet inside the house. (Yep, wife is out of town.) First target. Four shots. That was enough for that target! Cool

IMG_0383.JPG

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: 4 shots was enough
Reply #1 - 10/08/17 at 03:42:47

She will never notice the four holes in the wall , good shooting dead eye !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 10/08/17 at 05:10:54

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 10/08/17 at 10:47:23

She does tend to get mad at me when she finds out I do this.  Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 10/08/17 at 11:16:36

nope, you're not done till you got a hole at each cross. Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 10/08/17 at 11:23:29

How far away is another important question -- Versy and I have the exact same scope sighted barrel cocking adult air rife that we both bought when the price was good so we both know what is needed to park 4 shots on the same target that hit the cross marks at the corners dead on (damme hard, really).

And we both might try to shoot some confirmation for you, too.

(I expect to lose -- I don't shoot anything accurately worth beans any more)      Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 10/08/17 at 11:44:21

front room couch, thru the sliding door to the palm tree is 75'   Cool
and the neighbor yells at me every time.   Shocked
working on a silencer   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 10/08/17 at 22:13:44

No, my shooting is all inside the house. The 20 feet or so was from my bedroom dresser to the bathroom door. If I go to the living room and shoot to the other bathroom door I have about 50 feet but the lighting is not very good. I want to keep the shooting under good a/c climate control. Wink

Those were my first four shots. After I saw how good they were I figured I did not want to mess up the target any more. I shot some other targets with my co2 pistol and finally got the rifle again to put a hole in the bull's eye cause I did not get many bull's eyes with the handgun. I think there is still a bit of confetti from the magazines I had behind the targets that I need to vacuum.

Out of curiosity, what rifle do you guys (Versy, Oldfeller) have?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 10/08/17 at 23:00:03

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 10/09/17 at 06:57:47

Wow, the price of that gun sure went up --- what did we pay for ours   $70 ???

In any case, shooting it in the house against an impromptu backstop would be a no no as it would go right on through 1/2" plywood layers with no problem.    I used to shoot the top cap on my chain link fence corner post to get a gong "tink" sound, until I put a hole in the casting (stacked 2 hits on the same spot and it was more than the metal could take).   Lotsa dents on that corner post cap .....

The gun will reliably through and through rabbits and squirrels, it knocks them over as it is a heavy .22 caliber pellet at 950 fps (we don't shoot light .22 pellets as they go supersonic on us and that is NOISY, makes a crack sound that resembles a .22 bb cap going off.  

The gun isn't quiet and since part of the noise is the air spring system inside the main tube there isn't any way to make it really quiet.

Rabbits get knocked over but sometimes get back up, squirrels fly off limbs and trunks but generally hit the ground running, but they do bleed out pretty quickly about half way up the next tree.

« Last Edit: 10/10/17 at 23:22:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #10 - 10/09/17 at 09:01:18

Woah! That is one serious air rifle there. I don't think I would shoot that inside the house. Mine is a Daisy Powerline Model 35. I shoot the .177 pellets with four pumps and it goes through 2-1/2 regular thickness magazines and makes a bunch of confetti. I would get in a lot of trouble with the wife if I put holes into a wall or door. But that is a sweet looking air rifle you guys have.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 10/11/17 at 16:20:42

Nice shooting, I've a model 760 Crossman pump up pellet gun that's good out to maybe 20 feet. Can't complain, it cost twenty dollars over at Wally World and is he11 on beer cans in the back yard. It works better with pellets but the barrel is a smooth bore which really stinks for accuracy.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 10/12/17 at 07:33:03

I know what you mean Ed. When I bought the Daisy I was in Academy, passed by it and could not believe the price. It was under $30.00. So I said let's get it. And I did. I've had fun with it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:20:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › 4 shots was enough

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.