Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Marketplace Buyer beware!! (Read 205 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Marketplace Buyer beware!!
Reply #15 - 10/11/17 at 14:25:49

I would have walked away around September 11. I REALLY would have walked away on Sept 20 - seller said that he was offshore.

My time is worth more than chasing down a sale to the point of frustration.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #16 - 10/13/17 at 12:37:47

stewmills wrote on 10/11/17 at 14:25:49:
I would have walked away around September 11. I REALLY would have walked away on Sept 20 - seller said that he was offshore.

My time is worth more than chasing down a sale to the point of frustration.

-----------------

I admit that I should have given up earlier, but I thought of two reasons why I didn't:

1) the price was very attractive and would have been (even with shipping costs) less than what I could get new from store.

2) I always try to help another person out who may need to sell, or have purchased something incorrectly.

I went ahead and gave up, and ordered from RevZilla - tire will be here tomorrow!

One other issue, for me that is, is that I don't do PayPal so I and seller have to negotiate how to get the payment to him/her.  I can send a check, or even cash.  The latter puts the onus on me to trust the seller to be  honest.  I have never had a problem up till this time!

The other thing we could do is to trust each other and have shipment/payment pass each other in the mail.  I know this is a big one for the seller who runs the risk of losing the item he is selling AND the cash that he would be receiving.

What I have done is to hope that people trust me.  When on the BMW website, I did this many times without even one problem.  I pride myself on my honesty and integrity.  I have done several buys here on this website.

One time I advertised for something (I now forget what it was) and one member graciously volunteered to send one to me for free!  Imagine that?

He did send it, but I responded back by sending him some cash anyway just to show him how thankful I was!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #17 - 10/23/17 at 15:19:36

As of today (10/23/17) I have not heard a word from this person.

I think this may have been a scam - beware all of you!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 21:05:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Marketplace Buyer beware!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.