raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Is reality subjective?
09/14/17 at 14:52:00

Listening to a talk radio program.
The topic was tolerance, diversity, acceptance.
Conversation mostly ran about lack of tolerance, diversity, acceptance, of the Trump voters.
Without even pointing out the hypocrisy, I thought of something else.
I will share it with you.

We are told homosexuality is as normal as rain, and not a choice.
Even if a person struggles with their homosexuality, and seek help in going "straight".....
That it's wrong, self denial, etc, and any professional assisting would fall into malpractice, etc.
I am not going to argue that point of view/belief.
What I want to know is why it's not extended to others?

Case in point: White Conservative Males?

They feel a connection to guns and hunting, they are a part of how the relate, why are we trying to change them?

They like sex, with chicks, like to see them nekked and grab their treats, IT IS WHO THEY ARE....
It's how they are wired.

I can go on, but I think you get my drift.....

Why is it the white male needs to change to be what others see as "normal" or politically correct?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Is reality subjective?
Reply #1 - 09/14/17 at 15:07:17

Apples and oranges...
Nobody would object to gun obsessions if they didn't have the unfortunate side effect of killing 30.000 people a year...
Let me know next time a lesbian rampage kills 30 kids in a school...
Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/14/17 at 17:10:58

Serowbot wrote on 09/14/17 at 15:07:17:
Apples and oranges...
Nobody would object to gun obsessions if they didn't have the unfortunate side effect of killing 30.000 people a year...
Grin

C'mon bot, don't deflect.
If you are an apple, you might not want to be called an orange....
B'sides, I am not talking about people themselves but the ideas and justifying in reasoning.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 09/14/17 at 17:58:00

Serowbot wrote on 09/14/17 at 15:07:17:
Apples and oranges...
Grin

Gun Deaths per year:

Again,  LYING,  by  OMISSION, of FACTS.

(Make people, FEAR, by not telling, ALL, the  TRUTH !)

Of your 30,000,  ‘Deaths’
  It is about 33,000 Deaths and Injuries.
 OF that it is:
       21,000: suicides
     11,000: homicides
           (Of that, 40-60 %  are,  JUSTIFIABLE, or  Self  Defense)
      275: undetermined or unintentional, (accident)

SO, your, REAL, Number is,  4,400 - 6,600
 Do not  LIE,  (er’spin)

Now compare that with:
10,000 DWI  Deaths per year.
 4,000  Texting  Deaths per year.

As to  car Accidents, 1,600,000 per year
(And their are MORE, Guns, than Cars)
 Average, 3-4 guns (the average) per adult.
 So ya  think, the, ‘average’, adult owns  3-4 cars??????

But of course, what does one expect, from the mouthpiece, of a Party that says:
You can not Judge a religion, just because of what one person did.
Yet it is  Perfectly OK, to judge, ALL ‘gun owners’, on what, ‘one person’ did.

So, use, FEAR, by  NOT, Stating  FACTS. !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/14/17 at 19:20:19

He was not lying.
He just grabbed a number and posted it.
It Seemed right, because of all the shootings he's seen.
Muppet ignorance is more powerful than
than human ignorance. The resultant bliss the Muppet experiences would be absolutely orgasmic, but Muppets don't have junk.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/15/17 at 04:44:16

Muppets don't have junk.    That's funny there, I don't care who you are.

I'm not looking that close at Kermit or hiking Miss Piggy's skirt to find out!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/15/17 at 07:59:43

If you really want an answer and real dialog - read on... it's up to you.

To address your last question: "Why is it the white male needs to change to be what others see as "normal" or politically correct?"

No one wants the white male to change.  I'm a progressive, justice democrat, and I think that most white (and yes, even conservative) males are fine.  Don't let the media dictate your POV.

To explain - I'm an "average white male".  Middle class, middle aged, middle everything.  There are millions of us - I suspect that most that post on here are in the same boat.

The average white male is pretty much center in the political spectrum.  Some polls show they lean left, some polls show they lean right.  Honestly, that doesn't matter.  Political affiliation means little when you talk about tolerance.

However, as I've seen for myself, those that label themselves as "strict conservatives" are another matter.  They tend to be less inclined to accept homosexuality or any type of "alternative" lifestyle.  Yeah, I know, that may be profiling, but that's been my observation.  I've been on more than one forum where the self proclaimed conservatives were genuinely concerned about "the gays" turning everyone else gay and that Obama was going to enact Sharia law before he left office.  They seem to equate skin color with crime and welfare - and don't get me started about what they think about Muslims.

Yeah, yeah, I know that's not the way all conservatives think - but sadly, they get all the press and the conservatives that don't feel that way, don't stand up against it.  So what happens is that all conservatives get a label put on them.  

And the media plays on that.

They use the tactic of fear to motivate the hard-line conservative masses.  The "war on Christmas", the "war on Christianity", the "war on conservatism", the "war on..." you name it.  The likes of bill o and his endless buffet of fear was very effective - completely false, but effective to that far right, conservative base - and it trickled down.

Then, when you see the media coverage of people carrying torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us", while at the same time saying that they are "uniting the right" - well, it's going to put the conservatives in a bad light.  Especially when there's no strong message opposing the "alt-right" from the more traditional conservatives.  It also doesn't help when the leader of the republican party is an inept president.

And before you jump on it - I know the same thing can be said about the far left.  Antifa and the like use violence to try and make their point - that's the wrong way to do it.  I have said more than once that the underlying message is right, but the tactic is wrong.  I don't condone the actions they take.  I condone the message of anti fascism, not the violence.

To make this long story longer, I personally think that you might give the conservative media too much credit.  There is no push to "eliminate" the white, conservative man (or woman).

You need to draw your own conclusions.  Maybe think about why you asked the question in the first place.  Do you feel threatened in your conservatism?  If so, why?  Do you think all liberal ideas are wrong?  Do you think all conservative ideas are right?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/15/17 at 09:53:48

Who is the "We" that are trying to keep white males (versus other races) from hunting?  I haven't looked into it but I can not recall any legislation or even protests involving the Division of Wildlife.  

Besides P.E.T.A. and similar organizations in relation to hunting I don't see a push to keep white males from "relating" to firearms.

Are there organizations trying to stop white males (versus other races) from liking women or finding them attractive?

I know of groups that try to reduce objectification as a potential solution to the excessive amount of sexual assaults perpetrated on women each day.  Since there is indeed measurable results from these programs I can't say I have an issue with it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/18/17 at 14:27:09

Awesome - not a single acknowledgement from ray.

*sob* - looks like he knows that he can't debate me anymore.  I'm simply too much for him....    Grin

I'm so sad......  <<<<whaddya think, sarcasm?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 09/18/17 at 15:49:09

P.E.T.A.   =   People,  Eating, Tasty,  Animals.

(Drive by, brought to you by:
 Mod-Bot, a  subsidiary of, 'Drive By Inc.')

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:50:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is reality subjective?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.