Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quick Question! Cam Chain Tensioner Assembly (Read 99 times)
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quick Question! Cam Chain Tensioner Assembly
09/11/17 at 12:26:01

I took the cam chain tensioner off back when I was trying to diagnose the clicking sound in my motorcycle(turned out to be the valves). I opened that side of my engine because I was told the savages have poor tensioners and chains so I wanted to see if mine was still good or needed to be replaced. Well I realized the previous owner already replaced the chain but I ended up taking the tensioner off before realizing that(i was doing this at night time). I put it back together quickly and when I went to start the bike there was a louder clicking noise and it wouldn't ride. I put it into gear but when I gave it gas it didn't go anywhere. I think I reassembled the tensioner incorrectly. I just took my bike apart and need to know how to put the tensioner on. I already looked at the tech section but didn't find how. The spring and plunger keep popping out before I can screw the bolt back in. How do I get it to stay in place so I can re-install it?

Edit: the manual say to put a zip tie in the tensioner but I don't understand where I'm suppose to stick it. Help?!

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Re: Quick Question! Cam Chain Tensioner Assembly
Reply #1 - 09/11/17 at 16:00:55

Alison,
Download "The motorcycle handyman" from this site. It has a picture of what you need. It also has a wealth of information about our bikes. Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/11/17 at 17:11:49

Thank you

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 09/11/17 at 17:53:44

Alisonsup, the fact that the bike didn't move in gear may be because the arm,that acts against the  clutch rod needs to be lifted(near) level as you replace the side cover (so the outboard end of the rod seats in the recessed pocket in the lever)If not the rod may be pushed in when you tighten the cover ,that may push the clutch plates apart causing all gears to be "neutral".

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/15/17 at 20:53:10

@batman thanks for replying. I went back and took the bike apart to see what was going on(including taking the adjuster off and putting it back on correctly). I'm not sure what it was that I did besides that but it's moving again when I put it into gear.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:33:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Quick Question! Cam Chain Tensioner Assembly

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.