Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Trip planning -- year 2018 (Read 322 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Trip planning -- year 2018
Reply #30 - 09/21/17 at 20:11:24

Dave ,   There ain't nothing wrong with the 700 (WE-Bike) Honda ya got .    Your luggage is better and the Honda has good power.    

Really its probably a better choice than the 750 (WE-Bike) Guzzi I got .  I did get my luggage on.  Not as slick looking as the Honda but it should work OK.  
Old Feller , It feels kind-of like a sportbike with standard seating , reminds me of my 1971 Honda CB350 (w/an extra shot of power).  The Savage is a lot more "Laded-Back" ride.    

OldFeller , the thing we didn't do last summer was , to see how the barcalounge does on the super-slab.  Huh   How many miles are ya'll (you+bike) good for a day ?

guzzi_w_bags_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 09/22/17 at 10:07:58

I rode up and back to Kickstart Lodge with no noticeable pain, so range has definitely increased some.

My Savage feels cramped now, so you very quickly get used to the extra leg room and the extra gas capacity and the nice bedroll behind you effect is all to the good for durability.

I will be asking questions about recovery from the prostate surgery which will be affecting what riding I do next year.

Savage is what I use in town, just too convenient, really.   Any open road trip I would ride the bike I built to do those things "better".

Another question for next year is Medical Insurance -- big big question mark that -- with Republicans tossing it all back to the states and chopping off the extra money for Medicare expansions, etc.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #32 - 09/22/17 at 10:09:00

Dave wrote on 09/17/17 at 07:34:47:
Riding with the wives will change the character of our riding, as none of us own a bike with the "Big Old Comfy Couch" back seat like the Harley's and Goldwings have.  The back seats on our bikes are far less comfortable than the front seat - the padding is very thin and the footpegs are high......the passenger is not treated nearly as well as the operator.  When my wife goes for the ride - the motorcycle serves as the transportation vehicle between sight seeing, shopping and hiking venues - the motorcycle is not the extended 12 hours of twisties that I find satisfying!

I like the idea of a couples trip. My wife would hate the idea of riding on the back. She hasn't been on the back of a bike (or been on a roller coaster, or flown in my airplane, and so on) since we had children.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:20:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Trip planning -- year 2018

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!