Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Trip planning -- year 2018 (Read 322 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Trip planning -- year 2018
09/10/17 at 16:12:54

We learned some things about TIMING last year -- don't plan before very late May early June (weather/rain is just too erratic) and don't plan for after the first week in August (college is back in session and vacation time block outs and HURRICANE SEASON makes things get all problematical).

So, our best planning time band is actually June July.    

Best trips this past year were to Kickstand Lodge and to MM's Farm.

Mistake made last year was planning too many trips (about half never happened) and believing that casual members would actually show up (about half never did).    

By planning fewer very solid trips we will likely be more successful next year.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Trip planning -- year 2018
Reply #1 - 09/11/17 at 07:12:52

OldFeller  ,

We can put the Bikes in the bed of the truck or two bike trailer (if you want to pull it) and unload them at a Black-Hills campground for a week if ya want !  Smiley    That's an area I've been wanting to "EXPLORE" for a few years now .     Roll Eyes
If you can get away for a "Wild-Hogs SAVAGES type adventure then we can leave out the Crazy MotorCycle Cop ,  and give it a go !  Huh

If Ed has a yard (to camp in) left after IRMA then we could run down to Bike Week 2018 ???   Huh

If they promise not to behave we could invite the entire Savage Community to join us ?  Grin

Debreeefing_1.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 09/11/17 at 07:30:46

You and Dave are fancy free after Dave retires, me not so much.

Insurance per month is currently $650 per month and INCREASING all the time.   I have to work in order to have coverage.     I do have vacation days to spend, but I have to put them in 60 days in advance (preferred) and they have shown lately no compunction about cancelling them abruptly.

Me and my work issue have no real bearing on trip planning.   If I have a no-go at work, I simply can't go.

This year I would suggest not paying a lot of attention to me, plan the trips for you, Dave, Springman and the folks who are attending the trips regularly.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/11/17 at 08:21:45

Insurance per month is currently $650 per month and INCREASING all the time.   I have to work in order to have coverage.

I'd probably be a little bit pissed off at anyone who supported that genius piece of legislation.
Thankfully nobody on this forum is a big enough dumbass to have been guilty of such lunacy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 09/11/17 at 09:49:21

Amen Justin  Wink

Now if one of the current bunch will devote themselves to fixing the situation then we'll have a National HERO !

OldFeller , When you get an idea to take advance of a day off we can come see ya ... ya got any weekly rental motels or camping cabins in easy reach ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 09/11/17 at 10:09:00

June, July sounds good for me. The only possible conflict there is with a family vacation. I'll be checking to see what you guys come up with. Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 09/11/17 at 19:05:20

It might be good to have just 1 or 2 group outings that are planned far in advance - with the potential for spontaneous or surprise trips offered as the opportunity arrives.

I will be far more flexible in the future - provided that they are Thursday through Sunday trips.  I believe my new "semi-retired" schedule will be a full day on Monday....with half days on Tues/Wed/Thur.  I can work a full Tuesday or Wednesday and take Thursday off occasionally.  I will have vacation and could take off for a week or two if we can arrange a Black Hills event.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 09/12/17 at 10:10:51

Black Hills event sounds interesting.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #8 - 09/12/17 at 13:07:55

If Ed has a yard (to camp in) left after IRMA then we could run down to Bike Week 2018 ???   Huh

We were planning a trip to the Keys but it looks like that is cancelled for at least a year.

I'll need to see if my wife is open for it, I think it will be fun but don't know how she will take a bunch of "Bikers" descending on us.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #9 - 09/12/17 at 16:07:51

Hey!  Ed made it!

Glad to see you out here, Ed.  How are things around there?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 09/12/17 at 19:25:43

Steve, got a lot of wind and rain but was far enough from the center so we only got hit with cat 1 gusts. I lost a lot of tree limbs and was out of power for about 24 hours. No damage to the house or shop.

Can't host the Daytona Bike Week 2018 trip, got some zoning problems about having people camp out on my property.  Sad

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 09/12/17 at 20:11:02

That's OK Ed , when we do find a camp maybe you can join us ?    Last time I went ,  the ABATE group of Daytona had a campground set up for about what it cost to operate it.

I wonder if Florida will be ready by March from Irma ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #12 - 09/13/17 at 03:25:44

March 9-18    Can you say  .... Cccccccccccold   ??? three times real fast ???

Daytona temps are between 40 at night and 65 degrees during the day, and that is the averages taken over the years

Freeze yer buns off to see a sea of hurleys

Tongue

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

« Last Edit: 09/13/17 at 04:43:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #13 - 09/13/17 at 06:48:41

I'll look around, I think the Cabbage Patch has primitive tent camping  under the trees right down the road from me.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #14 - 09/13/17 at 15:05:12

Thanks ED ,  Smiley

Say , Ed , Is it really Cold  Cold Cold  , in Daytona at Bike Week ?   Huh

I went in 2014 and it was warm in Tn. when I left --- then turned  Cold while I was gone so that I had to ride in chilly weather on the way home but I had my nylon insulated bib-overalls and jacket with me so it was OK .   But , that is only one time ...  Undecided ...   I was only visiting , you Live there , so what's it like most years ?  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:16:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Trip planning -- year 2018

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.