Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Her She Comes
Reply #60 - 09/11/17 at 09:44:27

AWESOME.....

That is one accounted for  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #61 - 09/11/17 at 10:04:55

Ed , Badwolf , and you folks in Florida , we been watching the weather channel a lot a praying the best for ya !  

I'm glad ya'll taking it seriously .    I think  half the battle is being prepaired .  Wink    

The clouds came in Sunday afternoon and the wind is picking up at mid-day today (Monday) .   It must be a Big-en  !  Sad

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #62 - 09/11/17 at 16:35:26

Just got power back at 6:30 pm Monday. Damage was mainly trees and limbs getting knocked down along with a lot of water. I drained 10 inches out of the pool and it's filled back up.
 Slept on the couch during the storm and am beat. It was impressive even during the night. Still need to pull down the plywood and get everything back together.
 Hope everybody on the West coast are doing well.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #63 - 09/11/17 at 19:15:02

Thanks for the good news....

Looking bad, but not as bad as it could have been!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #64 - 09/11/17 at 20:54:27

Sounds like one hellofa adventure. Glad all is well.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
McWj
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Woodbridge, VA
Reply #65 - 09/12/17 at 16:52:11

Gald you made it through okay Ed. I'm sure a lot of clean up still lies ahead. Not sure when you are gonna be up to working on any FCs but I'll PM you separately.   No rush of course and again glad you and the family are okay.

03' savage, dyna w/ custom intermediate, raptor, K&N cone filter, solo seat, white spacer mod, 55-147.5, Ed L's 5" FC
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #66 - 09/12/17 at 18:01:15

Badwolf here, I just got internet back, but still no power. Power went off about 3pm Sunday. I lost some shingle tabs and a lot of leaves, but no major damage. I have enough gas for the generator for this evening and a short run in the am, to keep the fridge cold.
Spent about 35 minutes in line at Burger King today for a couple Woppers. Very few gas stations are open, and they all have long lines. Some traffic signals are out and you are to treat them as 4 way stops, but it seems he who has the loudest horn goes first!
All in all not TOO bad, could have been a lot worse!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #67 - 09/12/17 at 20:00:34

A storage building with plywood, precut, ready to hang, a generator big enough to keep the refrigerator going and hopefully pull the A.C., if the water supply isn't dependable, some water containers, load them up ahead of the problem,
I sure wouldn't be at Lowe's,
And not having gasoline is just silly.
My generator runs on propane or gasoline and I can switch fuels without shutting it off. And I refill the propane bottles here.

Ya know, a generator big enough to run an air conditioner bigger than a window unit is gonna use too much gas. Reelthing has a little Honda unit. Runs the refrigerator and stove, and the all important TeeVee. Quiet enough to sit and talk with it running just a few feet away. Harbor Freight has a unit approximately the same size and outputs just a bit more.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #68 - 09/13/17 at 10:34:48

Power came back on about noon! YEAAAAAA! Best of luck to everyone else whacked by Irma.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 01:27:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Her She Comes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.