Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Her She Comes
Reply #30 - 09/08/17 at 16:31:41

I'm all buttoned up with plywood on the windows, the camper is tied down and I have about 50 gallons of potable water stored in buckets, bottles and whatever else is handy. My shop, the Savage, power tools and reloading room are on their own Sad. All the long guns are in a closet in what I'm hoping is the safe end of the house.  
 The generator is stored on the back porch with a bunch of extension cords. I know about running it away from the house to avoid CO2 exhaust fumes after the storm.
 Just found out I'm baby sitting an older couple for the duration and maybe longer depending on how their house held up in the storm. Couldn't say no to them but it's another level of stress my wife will have to deal with. Picking them up tomorrow afternoon.
 I'll keep everybody updated and thanks for the well wishes.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 09/08/17 at 16:59:06

I heard it veered west.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #32 - 09/08/17 at 17:11:18

They still aren't sure of it's path but it has moved a little west. The latest forecast is calling for steady 80 mile an hour winds with gusts close to 100 in my area. Miami is going to get whacked with storm surge along with the lower tip of Florida. The Keys are under a mandatory evacuation along with most of the shoreline properties all the way up to St Augustine which is getting a mandatory evacuation also starting Saturday.
 Saw an interesting fact on the weather channel, Florida is about 135 miles wide and Irma is over 650 miles wide. I'm going to get hit no matter what path it takes, even up the west coast.  More to come

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #33 - 09/08/17 at 18:04:04

Ed, I just rode home to S. Fla from Buffalo (1300+ miles in 23.5 hours, I'll post about that later.) Traffic was a solid stream from Charlotte NC to Palm Beach County! I77, I26. and I95 were parking lots in some cases. The rest stops and truck stops were mobbed! Almost no traffic coming south. If I waited up there, I would have to wait a week or more as it was going to come up my same route. Many people from here on the east coast went west, and now are coming back. Looks like our state capitol is going to get it for a change. I'll get my shutters up in the morning and hunker down and wait.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #34 - 09/08/17 at 18:19:45

I just looked at the 5 day, and Irma might be a late guest at MMRanch's weekend shindig.  Stew may get some heavy rain at home as well.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #35 - 09/08/17 at 21:52:44

Looking better here if you look at the wind direction....
It seems a strong west wind might steer it away from Florida.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-56.28,15.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #36 - 09/09/17 at 09:56:01

Is it looking better?

Looks like it might just pass under Florida, yes?

Head to the Yucatan?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #37 - 09/09/17 at 10:36:41

Ed, looks like us on the east coast will miss the worst of it. Your area shows less than a foot of storm surge for now, but they say 10 -15' in Ft Meyers possible. Why do they live on the wrong coast?
raydawg, Looks like you might be safe from this one, for now!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #38 - 09/09/17 at 11:30:59

Badwolf, looks like it's coming your way and will just skim the east coast. Still bracing for it, a glancing blow from a base ball bat still hurts. There is an older couple from around the corner who will weather the storm out with us so guess what? The wife had had me running around cleaning the house all day WTF it's a hurricane not a social event and the house will probably get a whole lot of dirt and crap tracked into it what with the dogs needing to go out every few hours. Man, I have to cut off her coffee;)
  1300 miles from Buffalo in under 24 hours, if you were on a bike and you did say you rode it makes it's an Iron Butt ride. Smiley

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #39 - 09/09/17 at 12:13:11

Love the ironic humor, so much like a woman !!!!
Glad you can still laugh under a heavy load Ed, I have found it to often be the best attitude one can count on at times of angst.

Here is a live feed.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5569755048001/?#sp=show-clips

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #40 - 09/09/17 at 14:06:06

The wife had had me running around cleaning the house all day WTF it's a hurricane not a social event and the house will probably get a whole lot of dirt and crap tracked into it what with the dogs needing to go out every few hours.

Phhht,,,  no..
I Seriously doubt anyone who is offered a place to ride out a HURRICANE will be busy judging their hosts because something needs done because They Have Been BUSY getting ready for a picnic, err, hurricane..
Geeze, she needs to chill.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #41 - 09/09/17 at 14:30:54

Posted my ride on the Iron Butt thread.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1391195461/60#74

I'm serious about the idiot bonus points!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #42 - 09/09/17 at 14:46:47

It has been almost 100 years since Tampa was hit with a major hurricane.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #43 - 09/09/17 at 15:26:21

Phhht,,,  no..
I Seriously doubt anyone who is offered a place to ride out a HURRICANE will be busy judging their hosts because something needs done because They Have Been BUSY getting ready for a picnic, err, hurricane..
Geeze, she needs to chill.
  I'm used to it, it's how she deals with stress. He11, at least the house is clean. And you're right, she needs to chill.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #44 - 09/09/17 at 18:25:38

A clean house is important , when it lands in a new neighborhood .
Sorry Ed I'm not siding with your wife.
All hopes & prayers are with you all.
Watching the news , people moving everything ,sealing their homes and leaving , sitting in traffic , what a adventure !
Staying behind to ride it out , that's the real adventure , Good Luck !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 01:24:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Her She Comes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.