Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Her She Comes
Reply #15 - 09/06/17 at 17:00:58

PG, I'm about ten miles south of Daytona Beach maybe 1 1/2 miles west of I 95 so I'm not worried about any tidal surges and my house is up about eight feet on a small hill so I'm hoping flooding won't be a problem. Still close enough to the shore so if there is a near miss I'll get walloped. The people beach side are the ones I'm feeling sorry for. They are still recovering from Matthew last year and this one looks like it will be worse. It's the wind I'm prepping for. Spent the day digging out the plywood from the back of the shop, cutting it and getting it out by the windows. Lucked out at Lowes and got the last three packs of concrete anchors, the rest of the store was bare. Say one guy buying five or six sheets of 3/4 inch maple veneered plywood at about 100 bucks per pop because that's all they had left.
 Got water, gas, the generator runs and checks out and I'm filling all the buckets and containers with tap water. I've an in ground pool for flushing  and a propane camping stove for cooking and a small window AC unit to stay a little cool.
 Still need to finish boarding up, I have a few honey bee hives that need to be staked and tied down, gotta pick up some beer and trim some palm trees so they won't get the centers busted out by the wind.
 Thanks everybody for the positive thoughts, I'll keep checking in till I loose power which will be probably be by Saturday.
Sounds like a little piece of heaven you got yourself there Dave. Wink  

« Last Edit: 09/06/17 at 18:25:47 by Ed L. »  

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 09/06/17 at 18:05:56

Ed, my best wishes to you. You will be in my prayers. I have a sister in Ft. Lauderdale and she is already on her way north. God watch and keep over you.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 09/06/17 at 18:24:15

Thanks, all my preparations feel a bit insignificant when compared to the storm heading my way. It's humbling

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #18 - 09/06/17 at 18:37:57

Best of luck Ed, we all hope it spins off into the Atlantic.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 09/06/17 at 19:08:05

It'd be nice to have the city name

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #20 - 09/07/17 at 08:38:57

JOG, I'm in Port Orange Florida, just a few miles south of Daytona Beach.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 09/07/17 at 08:58:45

She is pizzed, those pictures are devastating.
Big boats, just stacked up like a GIANT kid was playing with them like toys.

Be CAREFUL Ed, honestly, she has the propensity to really change lives, and I am sure many will wish they did things different.
Remember, real life has no do-overs.

I am not trying to lecture or harp, I just know from firsthand experience of death and destruction, how it can really roost in your mind, once it visits you.

Please be prepared, and error on caution, not bravado, please.

Prayers to all.....may God strengthen those who are effected.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 09/07/17 at 09:04:06

Ed L. wrote on 09/07/17 at 08:38:57:
JOG, I'm in Port Orange Florida, just a few miles south of Daytona Beach.

I was Really hoping you were more North and center between the beaches..
That's a scary place. I hope you slide through.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #23 - 09/07/17 at 14:52:00

Thanks Ray for the words of caution, all I can do is follow through with my plan as dangerous as it seems. All bravo does in a storm like this is get you killed and I'll be careful. Still have two windows to board up and then I'll police the property for crap that might get airborne. There are a lot of houses in the area still not boarded up, why I don't know.
JOG, I'm right in the path and hoping it kicks out to the ocean when it hits the Canaveral/Merritt island peninsula following the path Matthew took. Only time will tell.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 09/07/17 at 17:02:53

Stack stuff by the walls that debris could blow through.
Stay low but dry.
Words fail..

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #25 - 09/08/17 at 00:59:17

Good luck from New Zealand Ed, not that it's worth much in the face of the storm.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #26 - 09/08/17 at 08:49:33

Good luck, Ed.

Hope everything is done. I think it should be starting up soon?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 09/08/17 at 09:09:03

Ed.....

I can only imagine you will have your hands full, but when you get a chance, please let us know as soon as possible to your welfare after its all clear, please.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #28 - 09/08/17 at 11:08:09

I don't know Ed , if it was me I would make like a fetus and head out !
Your braver than me that's for sure !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 09/08/17 at 11:25:14

I have been through major earthquakes, etc, but the worse experience I ever had was a major wind event here on the island.
You feel so helpless and scared, as you just don't know, the sound, the effect, its very over powering.
Watching the BIG trees sway and topple, 100 plus foot evergreens, smashing to bits anything where it lands.
My house has pretty much been left unscathed, my boats and cars, just minimal damage from tree limbs, etc.
But its the uncertainty that gets into your brain.
A few hours of just wishing it would end, can quickly put you into a state of paranoia.....
Worse than seeing a cop pull up behind you when you are loaded   Lips Sealed

Only to pass  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 01:17:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Her She Comes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.