Send Topic Print
My Bobber Build (Read 84 times)
Jeremy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Philadelphia
My Bobber Build
09/04/17 at 09:58:44

A few minor tweaks left to make, but finished enough to ride.  Started life as a '96.  I bought it locally from a fellow that already had a VV Hardtail kit, which I planned to use.  Once I started digging into it, I decided just to tear it down and rebuild it as simply and cleanly as I could.

Not the most practical bike, but I love how it turned out...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: My Bobber Build
Reply #1 - 09/04/17 at 10:18:58

I don't know what the roads are like, or how much you enjoy scrubbing the motor, or how much sand and road grit and grime you can have bounce off your chin and throat, but I like these.

nd·er  (fĕn′dər)
n.
a. A guard over each wheel of a motor vehicle, for example, that is shaped and positioned so as to block the splashing of water or mud.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Job
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Farmington, New Mexico
Reply #2 - 09/04/17 at 17:30:49

Jeremy, that's a nice clean bike.  Great build. Jeff

2009 S40.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 09/05/17 at 18:18:43

Good eye JOG! I looked and thought "something" is wrong! A lot of guys like that look and are willing to live with flying debris. A nice looking bike regardless.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 09/06/17 at 02:36:09

Well it certainly is simple and clean.

My Cafe' bike has small fenders, and is still horrible in the rain as it throws water all over me - your bike would be like riding through a car wash!

I do like the simple lines - but I also appreciate the implied safety that comes from having turn signals and a mirror. Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/06/17 at 03:22:24

Hey, I Like the Look, but, I'm a practical kinda guy, and I have had some really gnarly gritty crud thrown up under my chin and I have a stock fender.
The engine catches enough junk down low, and without the fender it's just gotta get filthy fast.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jeremy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Philadelphia
Reply #6 - 09/06/17 at 08:02:40

Thanks, guys  Grin

It actually does have a bar end mirror on the left, just can't see it behind the tank.  And signals / running lights / brake lights too!  They're about the size of a quarter, attached with a little bracket on the top shock mounts.  You can sorta see one just behind the right shock.  Small LEDs, but very bright.

Yeah, it's definitely only a fair weather bike.  I have an older Triumph Sprint sport tourer, which is what I use for normal commuting and trips.

The Savage is strictly for cruising around on sunny Saturday afternoons!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 09:21:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › My Bobber Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.