Another new bike (Read 181 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Another new bike
Reply #15 - 09/05/17 at 00:13:46

My introduction to bikes was riding dirtbikes in my early teens. Then a 30 year gap ... Then a road bike. I think that early experience has served me well.

The only thing I had to undo was putting my foot on the ground, or near the ground, when slow turning. And learning proper slow-riding technique.

I still like to know what a bike I'm riding is capable of (where it's limits are). It makes me more confident that I know what it can handle if I get into trouble.

However, as Lancer pointed out, in the Savage/Sporty thread, age has made me slow down, and be a bit more cautious in general.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #16 - 10/11/17 at 00:59:17

Well, it's done. The Cabbage just disappeared down the road in the care of it's new owner. I feel a little bit sick. He seems like a nice young guy, on his learners permit. Seemed really stoked about the bike and I think it's gone to a good home. Hope he has as much fun on it as I did.
Anyway, time to start cutting up the TRX850  Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 10/11/17 at 17:29:02

Gizzo
I've got the same delima , except it's the Harley that's leaving .  The older I'm getting the lighter the bikes need to be.   My HD friends can't understand it. 😱

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:36:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Another new bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.