Send Topic Print
Leftist (Read 78 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Leftist
08/29/17 at 05:18:47

From an article I read this morning. A pretty good description of leftist.

All my life, I have known this rule about people: Those who don't fight the greatest evils will fight lesser evils or make-believe evils.

This happens to be the morally defining characteristic of the left. During the Cold War, many liberals and nearly all conservatives fought communism, but the left fought anti-communism. The left opposed American military buildups and regarded the Cold War between America and the Soviet Union as nothing more than two scorpions in a bottle fighting to the death. They loathed Presidents Nixon and Reagan, not Communist Party Secretary-General Brezhnev.

They regarded Reagan's labeling of the Soviet Union as an "evil empire" with contempt. Typical was the reaction of one of America's best-known intellectuals, Henry Steele Commager, then a professor of history at the Amherst College. He said, "It was the worst presidential speech in American history, and I've read them all."

With regard to fighting communism -- which, aside from Nazism, has been the greatest evil in the modern world (it killed and enslaved far more people than Nazism) -- the left was an obstacle, not an ally. The left in the West and elsewhere did far more to enable communist evil than to stop it.

The same holds true with regard to the greatest evil in the world at this time: totalitarian Islam, or Islamism. The left is doing precisely what it did during the war against communism: It's fighting the anti-Islamists, not the Islamists. Just as it labeled anti-communists "cold warriors" and other derisive epithets, the left labels those fighting Islamism as "Islamophobes" and, of course, "racists." In the moral order as perceived by the left, it is the anti-Islamists who are the enemy of the good.

In this battle, the left fights American conservatives -- and Israel, the country in the front line against Islamism. In a nutshell, rather than fighting evil, the left fights those who fight evil.

Therefore, if you have moral clarity, you are not on the left. If you have moral clarity, you can be a liberal, a conservative, a centrist, an atheist, a believer, a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Hindu, a black, a white, a Latino, an Asian, a Native American, a gay, a straight or a bisexual. But you cannot be a leftist.

The problem, however, is that people want to feel morally good about themselves, and no one wants this more than the left. It has written the proverbial book on moral self-esteem. Therefore, it does not merely believe that it is morally superior to all others; it knows it is. Leftists know they are more compassionate, more enlightened, more intellectual and more intelligent than conservatives. And they know that they care more about the "downtrodden," the "marginalized" and the "disenfranchised" than conservatives.

But to feel good about yourself, you have to fight against something bad. Since the left doesn't fight real evil (that would take moral courage in addition to moral clarity), it has to fight lesser evils or made-up evils.

For example, the left relentlessly fights racism in America, even though America is the least racist multiracial society in history; it relentlessly fights sexism in America, the country that has afforded unprecedented equality and liberty to women (but it does not fight the terrible sexism that pervades the world's most women-suppressing societies -- those in the Muslim world); and, of course, it fights Nazis and white supremacists -- who, though evil, constitute an utterly negligible threat to America today. Fighting Nazis in Germany between 1933 and 1945 was an act of moral heroism. Given their negligible numbers and nonexistent power, fighting Nazis in America in 2017 is an act of moral onanism.

There's a lot more on the list of made-up or lesser evils that the left fights instead of fighting real evil. It fights religious Americans, specifically religious Christians and especially evangelicals. Now that's an enemy worth fighting -- those mean Christians (and Jews) on the religious right. And it fights conservatives, or at least the conservatives who fight them.

And, of course, it fights global warming. Leftists have convinced themselves that the real fight against evil in the world today is not against Islamism; it's against carbon emissions.

And now, we can add statues to the list. The left was AWOL against communism, and it's AWOL against Islamism. But it's in the vanguard of fighting statues.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Leftist
Reply #1 - 08/29/17 at 07:16:32

We ONLY got told what they Wanted us to believe. Surely you are aware of the lies that got us into Nam, Iraq, Libya, to name a few.
Do you also remember that Russia was in trouble and hungry?  We loaned them the money to Buy our grain. The American People were put on the hook for Their Debt. And we sent them Grain, our allegedly Sworn Enemies, WE SHIPPED FOOD TO, as we continued to build up atomic bombs.
And we got Told
Russia can Blow the World up fifteen times. We can only blow it up ten times.
We NEED more bombs!
I was eighteen years old and I saw how stupid it was.
If you and I can each destroy the World, once, isn't that enough?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/29/17 at 10:37:49

I know I am one of those crazy Christians but I think this is right on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm3U39lnPO0

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 08/29/17 at 11:11:16

Web, its such a broad statement/observation.
Yes, you have much in historical context that will affirm it, but like the movie  about the US AIR flight and Capt. Chesley Sullenberger.....

The human factor is part of every finding.

I just don't like lumping "everyone" together under a label, I guess.
Assigning equal blame to those who willingly misguided people, as to those who were led/followed, seems to allow those that deserve the scrutiny, to be revealed, opportunity to get lost in the herd.

Its like going after the druggie instead of the dealer, sorta, I guess....
I dunno  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/29/17 at 12:24:48

When you've got a big wall, you use a broad brush.
Leftist are basically cowards.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/29/17 at 12:29:21

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/17 at 12:24:48:

LMAO!!!!!  Says the little guy who makes threats online and in private messages!!!

Oh, too funny!!!!!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/29/17 at 12:48:15

Go sucker punch an old vet carrying a flag wearing a MAGA hat scum with the rest of your leftist scum.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/29/17 at 12:52:56

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/17 at 12:48:15:
Go sucker punch an old vet carrying a flag wearing a MAGA hat scum with the rest of your leftist scum.

Oh no... are you gonna threaten me again online or write me another threatening PM????

Shaking in my boots.... LMAO!!!!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/29/17 at 12:56:33

Those are your people. Own it. Wear your black mask proudly.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 08/29/17 at 12:59:37

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/17 at 12:24:48:

Web, isn't one of the medias favorite tool, to use a broad brush?
Oh how convenient for them, making wholesale accusation, as if it lends it more veracity and credence.
When their plot is exposed, they walk back their work, with a mea culpa on the last page, etc, long after the canvases has dried.

This is why I keep harping on dialogue, one on one, small little message boards, etc.
Truth will win, as cream always rises to the top, we just not let the ulterior motives and message consume us and we become caught in the same, uh....
Web, pun intended  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/29/17 at 13:03:04

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/17 at 12:56:33:
Those are your people. Own it. Wear your black mask proudly.

"My people"?

No, I don't own anyone.

I stand against fascism and racism.

Oh, and I don't make threats to other people online or in private messages.....  LOL

You shouldn't cast aspersions on others mark - considering what you've posted here for everyone to see...

Now, run along and go defend the kkk leader who shot at a black protester in Charlottesville... (aren't those your people?)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/29/17 at 14:44:33

What did I say that hurt your little feelings so badly ?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/29/17 at 15:37:41

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/17 at 14:44:33:
What did I say that hurt your little feelings so badly ?

"Hurt my feelings"?  There's no way you could.  What you say about me doesn't have an affect on me.

What I find funny is that you call other people cowards yet threaten me with violence online and send me PMs!  Real brave!

Don't give yourself so much credit - you mean as much to me as a gnat.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/29/17 at 15:48:36

Show me on the doll where I hurt you......

A gnat? Nonsense. All of us who are on here regularly use this to fulfill something individual to each of us, but one thing is for sure, no one is a gnat to the other.

You're just saying that to make yourself seem 'above' the fray which really only highlights how much you need this.

You relish being the only leftist at the 'table' and the rest of us have no other option but to engage you. You're all we got.

Geez..... we need some real liberals at this table. I almost wish Starlifter was back....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/29/17 at 16:00:15

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/17 at 15:48:36:
Show me on the doll where I hurt you......

Again, you never hurt me (you can't) - you threatened me.

A gnat? Nonsense. All of us who are on here regularly use this to fulfill something individual to each of us, but one thing is for sure, no one is a gnat to the other.

Sorry, but yes.  No matter what you say to me on this board, it doesn't affect my life.

Now, on the Cafe or RSD or other ones - yes, that can affect me because I may put something into practice on my project bike.

But here?  Nope.

You're just saying that to make yourself seem 'above' the fray which really only highlights how much you need this.

Truth be told - this is entertaining and a little self indulgent for me.  It will never change my mind, but I find it funny how hypocritical the "so called" conservatives are.  You may want to go back on this board's history and see what I'm talking about.

You relish being the only leftist at the 'table' and the rest of us have no other option but to engage you. You're all we got.

No, there are several others.  You should pay more attention.  Their only difference is that they post less frequently than I do.

Geez..... we need some real liberals at this table. I almost wish Starlifter was back....

Yeah, too bad, I'm not a real liberal - I'm a progressive.  There is a difference.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/12/24 at 23:20:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Leftist

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.