Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gulf coast support..... (Read 137 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Gulf coast support.....
Reply #15 - 08/31/17 at 19:16:14

Great news!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 08/31/17 at 19:26:17

I did my donation today and will follow up in a few weeks with another,etc
Remember this your donations are tax deductible as well , so please donate what you can !!! These are Americans in need !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 09/01/17 at 00:17:06

European news are all over Harvey, in the news we get as much as 10' out of every 30' on Harvey.
That's a lot of airtime, even squeezing out EU domestic policies, Africans immigrarting on inflatable dinghies and two earthquakes (in Italy) in the last 12 months.

A word from one who's seen it all happen more than once, what those people need, much beyond food...
- a car to go back to work; if their car was parked (engine off) when flooded, chances are it is still workable - but it will take time and money; if you have an old jalopy sitting around, consider donating it;
- a place to live; flooded homes, if built in lightweight timber, may need tearing down; if you have an old trailer or caravan, small as it may be, it still beats living in a tent;
- furniture; modern day furniture is not made of solid wood, it is actually industrial crap, and if it's flooded it will decay faster than you can say "wow"; so if you have any old stuff in the garage, polish it and donate it... bedsheets too.
- Pots'n'pans, and cutlery !!!
- TOYS and BOOKS ! (No, I'm not talking Playstation, I mean dolls and footballs and old bicycles and those old Hardy Boys' and Roald Dahl that have been collecting dust in the garage ever since Junior left for college - and he's a married man now)

How to donate ? Either your local Church/Parish is collecting and participating in an organized architecture,
or you can donate directly to reputable organizations (Masonic Lodges and Shriners are a good example)

Wish you all the best.

Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 09/01/17 at 00:30:25

Hey stranger......

Good advice, made me think a bit more too...
You often hear from widows how so many folks offer so much support after a spouse dies, but it's when time wears on, and people go back to "their" lives, that is the hardest for them, as that support, or the need for it, is often forgotten.
We need to remember this folks long after the headlines move to a new story.
3, 6, months, a year from now, the coming holidays, please, don't forget they still need us.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 09/02/17 at 23:33:26

I saw a commercial on the tv today for Walmart,they are doing some sort of donation matching if you donate to Red Cross at Walmart. I'll try to find out more info on it.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #20 - 09/02/17 at 23:46:32

Ok Walmart is matching donations 2 To 1, donate 1 dollar they donate 2, till they have donated 10 million. Also think they have gone up to 20 million now but can't confirm it. So let's help Walmart part with 20 million to help those in need !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:15:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gulf coast support.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.