ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #90 - 02/26/19 at 22:00:02

THIS IS FUNNY

University departments are writing new grant proposals to get some of the .gov money that is being offered "to develop new sources of energy".

They aren't doing research, they are doing Pons and Fleischman bubble tube replications to "verify" the state of the art.  

They are ripping off your tax dollars to line their departmental budgets in other words.

There is a published list now of the top 100 "highest scientific level" replications of Pons and Fleischman --- and this for a published experiment with clear rules that the same top level institution flat out said didn't work 20 years ago -- mainly because they couldn't/wouldn't follow the instructions ......

Run Rossi, run.   The establishment is coming after you, at last --- they are only 20 years behind you now so HURRY Rossi, run faster.

What is ironic is that some of these grant proposals are being written at places that have had freshmen doing Pons and Fleischman experiments in chemistry labs every year for the last 10 years as a lab exercise in detailed calorimetry.  

Pons and Fleischman is an excellent lab exercise to show the dangers of casual errors in set up and in calorimetry.

« Last Edit: 03/03/19 at 15:39:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #91 - 03/02/19 at 00:15:08

https://e-catworld.com/2019/03/01/oyama-power-japanese-company-claims-success...

You need to look at this to decide how serious this release really is.   It could be serious, it could be an experiment, it could be  ....... whatever.

Japanese news releases don't mean the same thing as an American news release necessarily.   Too much is left in the realm of "cultural inference" especially if it is release on Japanese popular media.

« Last Edit: 03/03/19 at 17:13:13 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 03/03/19 at 15:30:06

Somebody (McEk likely) has tweeked Rossi's nose concerning photo-voltaic electricity generation using the "wasted 10%" electrical portion of his reactor's normal output, or by using the considerable light that is produced by the reactor to generate enough photo-voltaic power to local store and thus power and run a completely self-contained mobile E-Cat unit.   The DARPA boys would likely want to see this for remote military uses, as would any potential electric car "ongoing" built in recharging systems.   This obviously dovetails with any tiny gas turbine units that might be built as well.   RVs, camping, off-grid cabins and the new tiny homes ....... lots of people see a clear need for a little bitty LENR recharging system ......

Rossi: Working on Direct Electricity Production from the E-Cat via Photovoltaics

True to form, Andrea Rossi is embarking on another round of improvement of the E-Cat. He has been mentioning recently that he is working on direct electrical production from the E-Cat, and making some progress.

Gerard McEk asked a question about the need to continue the R&D effort when he has just launched the industrial E-Cat SK:

Gerard McEk
March 2, 2019 at 3:20 PM
Dear Andrea,
I’m a bit surprised that you are still further researching the E-cat as I understood from a previous question that you would be putting all your energy in getting the E-cat into full production and acquiring more orders in this period.
Is there a special reason that you continued researching the E-Cat on its direct electrical output capabilities?
Thanks and kind regards, Gerard

Rossi’s reply:

Andrea Rossi
March 3, 2019 at 3:36 AM
Gerard McEk:
We are a high technology company. R&D can never stop. When a company like Leonardo Corporation stops R&D its death starts its course. We are making important inventions that are the future of us, while we are focusing on the diffusion of our Ecats. When our competitors will reach what we are doing now ( it will take 3-5 years at the least ), we will be again years ahead of them with our new “divisions”.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

When asked about the means of direct electrical production he was working on, Rossi stated: “We are studying a new kind of P.V. system.”

Pekka Janhunen asked, “How large conversion efficiency do you want for direct electricity production, in order to consider it worthwhile? Is ten percent enough?” Rossi responded, “Yes”.

So the R&D continues, soon after the initial product launch. I suppose this is not too surprising, as this is the case with almost all technology companies. Rossi is a driven inventor, and has is eye on competition. I think he expects competitors to have success and wants to make sure he is always well ahead of them.

« Last Edit: 03/06/19 at 04:17:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #93 - 03/11/19 at 07:20:43

https://e-catworld.com/2019/03/11/rossi-working-on-new-system-for-direct-elec...

Rossi: Working on ‘New System’ for Direct Electricty Production.
Posted on March 11, 2019 • 0 Comments

If I am not misinterpreting Andrea Rossi’s comments, it sounds like he has recently changed course in terms of trying to develop a system for generating electricity directly from an E-Cat.

Here’s a Q&A from the Journal of Nuclear Physics today (March 11, 2019)

Red Shields
March 11, 2019 at 2:50 AM
Dr Rossi,
I did not inderstand: are you working to invent a new kind of P.V. or to invent a new system to generate electricity directly from the reactor we saw on http://www.ecatskdemo.com ?

Andrea Rossi
March 11, 2019 at 6:43 AM
Red Shields:
We are working on producing directly electricity from the reactor with a new system.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

On March 3rd, when asked whether he was using existing photovoltaic cells or using a new type, Rossi stated that he was “inventing a new cell”.

On March 7th, Rossi wrote “Recently we added magnets ( two poles, four poles ) with adjustable positions around the Ecat.” So maybe this is a clue regarding how they are seeking to generate electricity.

Perhaps he and his team have discovered that there is a better way to produce electricity directly from the E-Cat, rather than using photovoltaics.

UPDATE:

OK, several reputable research sources have released new information on chirality (spin direction of electrons) being affected by magnetics in the last 2 months, and now Rossi is working with strong permanent magnets to create an organizing strong magnetic field around his little bitty plasma ball inside his E-Cat SK reactor.

It is an experiment.   If the experiment pans out Rossi may be coining a new version name for the new modified reactor.  

Rossi is paying attention to the rising tide of LENR research, but he is only one person and he rightly sees that this huge level of LENR interest can overlap him very quickly as soon as his secret sauce gets outed if he is not keeping up with the change wave and filing for new patents.

If Rossi can get another basic patent granted to him (on a stable good means of electricity generation directly from the LENR plasma) then he has another stake in the sand to hold on better when the hurricane of progress comes to blow on past him.

« Last Edit: 03/13/19 at 04:02:16 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 03/12/19 at 12:00:33

https://youtu.be/GJz0T7lCWRg

It is a short YouTube, click on it and watch it until it gets all familiar to you from the point you started watching the story.   Great review of the very early Rossi years, making the flow of progress become more understandable.

From the description, here are the topics covered:

A brief summary of significant events involving Andrea Rossi’s E-cat. Includes interviews of the scientists who have tested it and their test results.

This video covers:

* The initial E-cat demonstrations in 2011
* The 32 day E-cat test, 2014
* The one year test 2015-2016
* The $89 million dollar lawsuit, 2017
* The Stockholm presentation, 2017
* The E-cat commercial 1 megawatt reactor product introduction

This is worth viewing if you have questions or perhaps just now came in to this Rossi drama just recently.

People keep on questioning "does it work?" even after a Federal court actually covered all that turf for them under oath (depositions) with Federal penalties sitting there for lying or for withholding evidence.   This fact is credited with Industrial Heat's decision to settle in a private settlement just as soon as opening arguments in Federal Court were done, they knew they were off in the weeds and could see legal fraud actions for some of their choices done previously.

Rossi is busy now taking and filling orders through 2 different distributor groups in addition to himself at Leonardo Corp, given this fact do you think that just maybe it works "good enough" for real people to spend their real money on it?

« Last Edit: 03/18/19 at 04:58:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #95 - 03/15/19 at 09:24:24

https://youtu.be/XZkuteW_Q9k      

Click on it -- it is a YouTube showing a magnetic engine/generator that outputs more power than it uses and requires no outside power once power generation is started up.

Inductance Energy Corporation (IEC) ‘Magnet Motor’ Earth Engine Shown Operating in Las Vegas Location

https://e-catworld.com/2019/03/15/inductance-energy-corporation-iec-shows-ins...

All of these new revelations are popping up now from various magnetic engine generator companies that supposedly are sucking on the earth's magnetic field in some fashion, in essence converting  Earth's spin & magnetism to electricity through "forceful magnetic motion" which then drives a standard generator coil to make some output power.

On the face of it, they do keep on moving long after air and bearing friction would have made them stop normally and they are supposedly "forceful" enough to spin a small generator in a positive output COP fashion.

Larger versions (such as the one shown) can supposedly power four (4) normal households.

They are not cheap to build or to buy.   Multiple big powerful neodymian magnets and that level of precision machining and the precision electronic switching motion controls isn't cheap to build either.

Long term, if they use up the Earth's magnetic fields extensively, what will we then do for a shield for the solar wind that the magnetic field of the earth currently deflects ?????

Roll Eyes

When Rossi finally hooks up his electrical output from his SK reactor we will be able to compare their relative cost/output ratios.   I'm betting Rossi will be cheaper and a lot more portable ......

https://youtu.be/UbWkIKgehLI     A new demo that brings up the question ----- how do you stop it quickly?     Can you stop it quickly?????

Rossi has several (4) new competitors now, some are using technology completely different and apart from LENR technology.

====================================================

There are 3 development groups now pushing this magnetic technology and seeking capital to build the next level of "magnetic motor energy source".    One is the guys from Las Vegas,  a second is South Korean and a third is German.

Highest claimed output power is 25kw from the very largest of them, and that is stated as a 25kw maximum draw with no information on how long you can pull that amount of current out of the unit before having to step it back down.

The units are HUGE moderate RPM gyroscopes (generally speaking) so they will never go inside a car or a motorcycle as a power source.

« Last Edit: 03/28/19 at 09:47:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #96 - 03/27/19 at 21:04:41

https://e-catworld.com/2019/03/28/rossi-e-cat-orders-from-four-countries-some...

Rossi: E-Cat Orders from Four Countries, Some Already Installed and Operating
Posted on March 28, 2019

I asked a few questions today on the Journal of Nuclear Physics about the status of E-Cat SK orders and installations, following the product announcement in January:

Frank Acland
March 27, 2019 at 11:41 AM
Dear Andrea,

Regarding the orders you are receiving:

a) Are you already building the E-Cats that have been ordered?
b) Are you already installing the E-Cats that have been ordered?
c) Are new E-Cats already operating with new customers (not including the first customer you have already mentioned?)
d) From how many countries have orders been received so far?

Here are Andrea Rossi’s responses:

Andrea Rossi
March 27, 2019 at 1:23 PM
Frank Acland:
a) yes
b) yes
c) yes
d)four
Warm Regards,
A.R.

At the January presentation, Rossi mentioned three countries that he thought would be the first to receive E-Cat deliveries: USA, Sweden and Japan. So there’s apparently now another country in the mix, maybe he will reveal that soon. Knowing Rossi, I doubt that he will name any of his first customers, he has said that it will be up to customers to make those announcements. How long that will take, is hard to know, but he did say recently that an industrial partner may reveal itself “sooner than expected”. He made this comment to Gerard McEk:

Andrea Rossi
March 23, 2019 at 3:46 AM
Gerard McEk:
Sorry, but, obviously, “sooner than expected” does not mean “tomorrow”. In this specific case, means that I hope it will be within months, and please remember that I did not say I am sure of this, I said that it is possible, not that it is certain.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Rossi is now leaking info voluntarily to counter all the magnetic motor fuss that is going on.   It is clear that his SK E-Cat "heat only" roll out is going according to his general plan, accelerating in pace based upon his distributors capabilities, some of which have good international coverage already.

Historically, Rossi holds everything tight to his chest untill it is pretty much a totally done, totally proven out deal.

His distributors are also apparently considering coming out of their shells a bit more, too.   "Magnetic Motors" increases the competition pressure on the E-Cat power generation side of things by quite a bit aso ...... and that speeds Rossi along his electrical power generation path even quicker, which is a good thing.

BTW Japan is the home of the mini-turbines used in motorcycle turbos, etc.    I suspect that this will speed up the closed cycle refrigerant gas heat turbine generator ideas along quite a bit as well.  

Small quiet "runs for a year on a single fuel charge" generators are a Large Market waiting to be tapped.   Heat is pretty much a done deal at this point, so it is time to roll on over to the next challenge.

« Last Edit: 04/05/19 at 13:19:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #97 - 04/05/19 at 13:13:21

Two brand new LENR groups kick into function -- one old, one new.

https://e-catworld.com/2019/04/05/developing-new-clean-energy-solutions-from-...

https://e-catworld.com/2019/04/04/video-of-anatoly-klimovs-device-dual-freque...

In both cases they are seeking investors so they can step closer to a real salable device.    Rossi enjoys years worth of lead over either of these two new players.

Please note the Kilmovs gas tube, the one that looks like a LENR rocket engine has a somewhat limited number of potential uses -- beyond being a LENR rocket engine or a smelting furnace burner that is.

Each one of these variants that work well has a functional niche to fill in tomorrow's economy ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #98 - 04/10/19 at 21:29:24

https://e-catworld.com/2019/04/09/rossi-domestic-e-cats-in-several-years-at-t...

Rossi: Domestic E-Cats in ‘Several Years at the Most”
Posted on April 9, 2019

The question about who Andrea Rossi and Leonardo Corporation is partnering with is still a curious one. Rossi has stated recently that he believes the introduction of a domestic E-Cat (an E-Cat for home use) is not as far away as he may have once thought:

Frank Acland
April 7, 2019 at 1:01 PM
Dear Andrea,
Are you still convinced that it will be many years after industrial E-Cats are deployed, that you will be able to produce domestic E-Cats?

Andrea Rossi
April 7, 2019 at 3:07 PM
Frank Acland:
No, I’d not say many years, I’d say several years at the most.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

I wondered whether the change in outlook could be due to the new ‘global’ partner that he has referred to, so I asked some more questions:

Frank Acland
April 8, 2019 at 9:45 AM
Dear Andrea,
You say you are working with a global partner. May I ask:
a) Does your global partner have experience bringing industrial and domestic products to market?
a) Will your global partner be able to help you with the authorizations and safety certifications for E-Cats?
b) Do you think the partner will be able to help with faster approval for domestic E-Cats?

Andrea Rossi
April 8, 2019 at 10:56 AM
Frank Acland:
a) yes
b) yes
Warm Regards,
A.R.

(As you can see above, I mistakenly labeled two questions a) — I got a clarification that his answer “yes” above referred to both my questions)

We don’t know who this partner is, but if they are experienced in bringing both industrial and domestic products to market, and have experience with authorizations and safety certifications, one would think they would have to have to be quite well established and influential.

So, one of Rossi's new global distributor/partners is actually interested in selling home heating E-Cats.    

My room E-Cat heater may well arrive before I die .......    Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #99 - 04/11/19 at 01:56:22

Over the last year ABB shares have traded between 18.03 and about 24 Swiss Francs.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #100 - 04/11/19 at 05:40:32

I'm still waiting for Rossi to allow independent testing.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #101 - 04/11/19 at 08:12:24

Yes, independent testing has been done.  Rossi gave over several of the left-over little sealed Lugano reactors a few of his Lugano Italian testers whom he trusted -- folks who ran them quietly to to total end of life (taking over a year) so yes Rossi has indeed given his stuff over to independent testers to be tested to death, but just not given them the ability to recreate his powder mix or prep states.

Rossi's newest player seems to be fairly enthusiastic about his stuff.   They were shown what was being developed, which includes some power output apparently.

Rossi's distributors are NOT ALLOWED to know the secret sauce.   They do know (ABB have actually helped develop) Rossi's excitement and monitoring systems.   They know enough to integrate Rossi's systems into their own products, and they get a discount on reactors and controller stations.

ABB built and maintains Rossi's automated lines so ABB understands relatively more than the others do, but ABB has proven that they can keep their mouths shut tighter than a vacuum pack seal.   I bet since ABB has been around since the large reactors for Florida's year long test were built that ABB can form a guess at what the secret sauce really is if they don't already know it outright.

Rossi will quietly continue to pick up distributors and new market expansions.    All of these folks are in competitive markets, so they all want the lid of total secrecy to continue until they can get set to skin their own competitors both totally and abruptly.

Rossi is abrupt and totally ruthless with his distributors.   I suspect one will fall out with him eventually due to normal human assumptions and standard corporate "business greed" in a very noisy and newsworthy fashion that we can all watch.

« Last Edit: 04/11/19 at 17:43:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #102 - 04/11/19 at 10:11:16

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #103 - 04/11/19 at 20:59:14

I disagree that "independent testing" includes the restrictions Rossi has implemented.

The only program that he wasn't personally present for included multiple tests that resulted in a settlement after litigation.

I'd like to see a standard independent testing, where he can supply the proprietary material, but that's it.  The testing facility runs all other aspects and documents it for review, and of all things can reproduce the outcome multiple times.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #104 - 04/12/19 at 12:24:31

Eegore, you want a scientific test of his secret formula and his secret control system, with him not providing anything but the his secret powder mix and any other secret proprietary materials that are needed?    

Can you see why that will NEVER happen in this life?   The system (whole system acting together) is what makes up Rossi's functional trick.   It took mainstream science 20 years to admit they couldn't even follow the detailed instructions to do a simple Pons and Fleischman electrolysis rig up without leaving out key steps because they were all real physicists and "a lot smarter than the chemist inventors" and of course a real physicist already knew it couldn't work.

Rossi has patents granted, but he understands that total secrecy is the only protection his life's work really has because his patents aren't worth the paper they are written on when the $$$$ amounts on the table are in the trillions of trillions of dollars.

The man told us 3 years ago that Lugano was the last "scientific test" he was ever going to do and that he was going for full commercialization as proof it all works.   Rossi actually gave several little reactors to people he trusted to follow his excitation protocols and they RAN the things at home for a year under non-disclosure terms that they held themselves to completely as per the agreement.  

They then cracked the ceramic tubes open and analysed the consumed powder for transformations and found lots of transformed metallic elements in the wiring, transformed ceramic from the tube and used up fuel powder that was melted into a ceramic slag that included all sorts of bits of heavier stuff.   They could only say that much because Rossi actually told folks what they had told him about it, and then the Lugano guys chimed in with confirmations at that point.    At the time, Rossi was working on E-Cat X, two generations past that Lugano level of LENR and Rossi didn't care if the Lugano folks told what they knew, it wasn't anywhere near to his current systems, current plasma based methods, etc.

You need to look towards Bob Greenier and the basement testbed boys who are selling test rigs and foamed ceramic blocks so you can roll your very own simple COP of 3 LENR reactor.

Rossi is moving right along with commercialization of a system that can output of 50+ kilowatts of heat output per reactor at a COP of well over 50, with Rossi and his distributors agreeing with the Wright Brothers that the only real way to convince most folks that airplanes can fly is to take them to an airport and buckle them into a seat belt and take them up for a spin.   You don't waste the time teaching them how to build an varnished canvas airfoil or how to design a wooden propeller that will hold together while spinning fast.

Wink

« Last Edit: 04/12/19 at 19:57:54 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 18:02:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.