LENR (ongoing) (Read 6644 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #330 - 12/09/21 at 11:12:37

I think there are more than 26 lights on the shelf behind him.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #331 - 12/09/21 at 11:23:56

But are there a million?

Also this video has subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4_NyyIZq70

« Last Edit: 12/09/21 at 15:26:22 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #332 - 12/09/21 at 15:48:08

Ok so I had a sit down and went over this video with 13 other people that work in various fields involving physics/energy/economics.

The primary question is why the current going through the load resistor was not measured with an amp meter.  According to Bologna documents is this the in-line requirement?

Of course the total lack of "proof" due to the fact anyone could have replicated this is a thing, but for the benefit of the doubt I am just sticking to what I consider a really easy, yet missing component.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #333 - 12/10/21 at 11:11:22

Rossi is now catching sporadic grief from about half of the peanut gallery for some these mentioned items.

Frank is reacting to try to explain or to protect Rossi, but Mats Lewan is not trying to protect anything but the truth.

Mats Lewan and Rossi have apparently had a "intellectual disagreement" over the calculations of light density and thus over the effective power rating of Rossi's light.

Matts simply says some of the same stuff that Eegore keeps saying, that Rossi needs to have a respected impartial 3rd party go go over his results and error check and certify them.

Matts asked Rossi to do this months ago before pushing these results out into the public view, but Rossi was simply too cautious to go do that.   Plus, the reviewing party might actually have a chance to learn too much about how Rossi's stuff actually works and Rossi simply won't have that happen.

===================================================

If you count "purchase dollars" as an important part of your world, Rossi's light is a much better deal than his power station.   You could shine 5 Rossi lights on to black sheet metal and heat my den up the necessary amount, with the bounce light off the black surfaces then bouncing off the walls and ceiling being enough to light the room up very nicely in addition to mildly heating it.

However, if Matts is right, each light isn't 10,000 lumens, but is closer to 5,000-6,000 lumens which is then focused on down by the lens system.  

Yes, Rossi's lamp is FOCUSED DOWN into a relatively narrow beam, not in a 360o spherical effect like a light bulb does.

On the power station side of things, Rossi has apparently grossly overpriced the power station and likely will have to do better later on when he comes out with the next improved versions.

He can do this because one set of control hardware can supposedly energize 100 power modules and his improved power units out next year will have like 20 modules or possibly even more to be run off of one controller.

The current single module single controller version of the power station is simply too weak to do anything useful and it costs far too much if you buy enough of the existing single module separate units to do anything other than trickle charge a moderate sized battery.

Real durability of the lights and the power station are very much in flux and in doubt.    Rossi has made reference to 100,000 hours life for the power station which is a factor of 10 more than the 10,000 hours that he claims for the light.    Nether claim has been tested beyond being some projections of Rossi's initial lab data.  

In truth, nobody knows what the life span is for real as prolonged full life testing is required and that takes 10 years time at a minimum.

Reminder, none of this is real at the moment ---- it only becomes real when it starts shipping in finished units.

« Last Edit: 12/10/21 at 20:37:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #334 - 12/10/21 at 17:16:27

New information.

There is no hard can't get past "inductance load" issues with Rossi power supplies any longer.   A battery and an inverter are a part of all AC systems using the Rossi power stations.  The battery is always required to cover peak load conditions and to even out the very erratic DC his little units make.

Some resistivity based loads can run well off the raw output which is regulated by AI to be a "fairly regular" AC noisy sine wave.

Rossi provides a "100 unit capable" controller.   You buy simple Rossi power bricks to add up serially to whatever voltage and then add the needed parallel boxes to up the charging current to whatever your battery requires for an appropriate charging current.

You always have a battery and an inverter inside all Rossi AC systems.

Rossi can theoretically continuously trickle charge a battery powered car.    Or a boat or a camper.

Rossi quotes 8-10 years for payback on a solar panel based system.   He quotes less than two years to get pay back on his Rossi power supply systems.

« Last Edit: 12/15/21 at 04:40:02 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #335 - 12/10/21 at 21:29:00

Matts asked Rossi to do this months ago before pushing these results out into the public view, but Rossi was simply too cautious to go do that.   Plus, the reviewing party might actually have a chance to learn too much about how Rossi's stuff actually works and Rossi simply won't have that happen.

I don't believe this is the case.  I think his products do not do what he says which is why there are all the setbacks.  There are many ways to have products independently tested without tampering with the device that this is not even remotely an issue.  Tons and tons of products are tested without tearing them apart exposing them for reverse engineering, this is just plain nonsense.  Independent testing will not reveal secrets,  Rossi can observe, just not control any of the device, this paranoia and secrecy thing is more likely a ploy.

I mean is it more probable that Rossi keeps making promises he can't keep and that's why no partner ever backs the product.  Or that Rossi nor any investor or partner can not find a single way to test a product and maintain that product's integrity?

If someone promised you a lawn mower that would cut your grass once a week for 2 years on a single AA battery, and showed you video after video of it Not doing that, but had demo after demo of it turning on, would you be sitting on your front porch waiting for that lawn mower to show up a decade later?

How long will secrecy, Big Energy assassins, ego, paranoia etc. be the reason this stuff has no verifiable information that it performs as stated, versus the idea that maybe his product just can't do what he says it can?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #336 - 12/11/21 at 10:37:03

We can both agree that Rossi will never hit his million pre-orders based off his existing product offerings.

He is too egotistical to cooperate with any knowledgeable marketing firm he might have the good sense to hire.

Rossi is done for this upcoming year, in other words

Mebbe next year too .......

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 12/12/21 at 00:50:40 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #337 - 12/11/21 at 12:54:21

"He is too egotistical to cooperate with any knowledgeable marketing firm he might have the good sense to hire."

This is where I disagree.  I think his device does not perform as he indicates and therefore can not work with anyone.  He doesn't need a marketing firm, he could use independent crowdfunding.  

For me it is the culmination of multiple things, like lack of tests, pledge based ordering, secret partners, etc. etc. that leads me to this conclusion, not just his ego.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #338 - 12/14/21 at 11:23:36

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #339 - 12/14/21 at 13:14:27

Good article, it sums up a lot of my thoughts as well.

"That is, it’s easier to set up a nuclear magnetic bottle and mimic the inner workings of the sun than it is to throw a rock into a raging fire."

This is a good point as well:

That’s the one real, concrete success of the fusion startups that you can point to: not extracting energy from seawater, but extracting money from speculators.

At least Rossi isn't in the hundreds of thousands of dollars of crowdfunding with no results department.  I doubt it is due to some moral high road but who knows.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #340 - 12/14/21 at 21:11:14

https://e-catworld.com/2021/12/14/andrea-rossi-withdraws-the-ecat-skled-lamp-...

Andrea Rossi
December 14, 2021 at 6:43 PM
DEAR READERS:
IMPORTANT COMMUNICATION
After the presentation of December 9th 2021 we have received almost 100,000 orders for the Ecat SKLep ( electricity generator ), while most of the orders we had precedently for the Ecat SKLed ( lamp ) have been cancelled and turned into orders of the SKLep. While the orders for the SKLep are constantly increasing, the arrival of new orders for the SKLed is almost reduced to zero.
The market spoke clearly, and we must take advice of the fact that the numbers of the SKLed will never reach a quantity of units ordered that will allow a mass production, therefore the price of it would be unsustainable from the buyers. As a consequence of this fact the Ecat SKLed has been put out of our production program.
All the Readers that have still pending orders for the Ecat SKLed must consider it cancelled. If the decide to buy an Ecat SKLep instead, they will conderve their number in the list of priority for the deliveries.
Leonardo Corporation will proceed only with the Ecat SKLep.

Thank uou for your attention, a real privilege to us,
Warm Regards,
Dr Andrea Rossi, CEO of Leonardo Corporation

DEAR READERS, I WANT TO ADD WHAT FOLLOWS:
all the Skleds that have been pre-ordered are automatically cancelled. If you want to replace your SKLed order with a SKLep order, please place a new order at https://www.ecatorders.com
If you have further questions about ordering, please contact: info@ecatorders.com
Warm Regards,
Dr Andrea Rossi, CEO of Leonardo Corporation

Rossi is past 100,000 orders now on the little electric generator.   Most of the light orders have been converted to generator orders by customer request.

People want a more powerful generator unit and Rossi intends to provide you one.

Pending this, Rossi now completely drops the little light product completely.

Likely when a more powerful generator is finally announced, he will likely do the same conversion-over-to-the-new-unit trick yet again.   He is responding to questions concerning a potential 200 watt model and a potential 500 watt model based off the same technology but at a higher voltage and charging current rating.

Grin

Hey Rossi ......  make one big enough to trickle charge an EV car, how about it?

« Last Edit: 12/15/21 at 12:29:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #341 - 12/14/21 at 21:51:36

I don't think a ton of people just changed their order from a light(s) to SKLep based on that video.  Especially given the significant cost difference.  This doesn't add up.

If I were trying to convince people to buy another product of mine when one of my products is obviously not going to work, or can't be made - this is exactly what I would say.  

Either way since it costs me nothing but a few words typed in a menu I went ahead and ordered some.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #342 - 12/15/21 at 03:46:12

I think enough people publicly disagreed with Rossi's lux to lumens nonsense to the point he actually re-checked his figures ------ and Rossi finally got convinced by Matts and others that he was the one who was off base ------ and so Rossi dropped the little light cold before any units were production built and shipped out en mass.

You remarked earlier that Rossi avoids taking anybody's money unless it is for something that is both tangible and real.   You also note that Rossi keeps good records of any "future committed money" that are made by the peanut gallery or by him.

Petroldragon taught Rossi a real life lesson or two about that sort of "promises, promises" that he had made way back at the very beginning.
Rossi now actively avoids any "promises, promises" situations that could send him to jail.

People ask how many generator units are inside the blue plastic stack up of his 100 watt power supply and why it costs 4x more to buy than the light.   Likely answer is 4 separate Rossi generator units, each running 90o out of phase to the one before it thus offering a lumpy but relatively real 100 watt DC charging current, one that a battery would take in and accumulate into a true DC battery power supply current that a good inverter system could then make into a stable, regulated AC power supply.

« Last Edit: 12/19/21 at 23:57:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #343 - 12/21/21 at 08:25:23

https://e-catworld.com/2021/12/18/from-an-observer-at-the-ecat-presentation/

Frank puts out a summary of his involvement in Rossi's presentation and the activities since then that is reflected in the light of what Frank knows (and Rossi agrees that can be told at this stage of things).

There is a lot of new stuff in here, this new summary is worth reading for the various confirmations and new items that it broaches.

Rossi has now committed his funds and efforts all focused into the little generator family of products.   Rossi gave Frank a copy of the certification package he had bought on the little light, simply saying the little light's tech was the same tech as what was in the little generator.  

Rossi has totally dumped off a considerable amount of effort and investment that he had made in the little light ----- simply saying that customer demand was for the power supply, not for the light.

This begs a BIG question, Unit Life Span is still unknown .......

Roll Eyes

Rossi has pegged the little generator's life at 100,000 hours of life (11.4 years) vs just 10,000 hours life for the little light.    Is this real or is it just another Rossi "development data approximation"?

Is one of them a typo or are both items just wild arsed swag guesses at this stage of things?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #344 - 12/21/21 at 09:20:36

It can be a duty cycle thing.
A light maybe used 12 hours a day, every day.
Whereas a generator maybe used several times a year for a length of time.
So 50% vs 10%
I'd grab a cert for a gas powered generator and see how it's rated.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 04:16:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.