Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #30 - 11/25/17 at 18:03:45

FACT:  Rossi's controllers are "overbuilt" for the current demo use as they are intended to run a hundred to two hundred of his little reactors in larger, future set ups.

It has been noted that his current production controller rig has enough cooling fins and fans to dissipate a cooling load that is roughly equivalent to the small heating load he is actually producing on his demo of two days ago.

No one has any reason to believe he actually did anything vaguely like that, but the fact he has similar outputs possible and he does have some cooling fins and fans that are of the same order of magnitude ......   well, according to the skepto-critics he must be up to something.

It does not matter that cooling fins don't make heat show up over there, and nothing in Rossi's set up looks like a heat pump in any fashion anyone can name.    However, it is a black box set up, you don't really know what is inside that black box, it could have an "electronic heat pump" functionality much like an electronic ice chest does.

This is the way of the Rossi skepto-critic ...... one skepto starts out with a simple observation and another skepto-critic chimes in that THIS MUST WHAT ROSSI IS UP TO NOW and then the entire skepto-critic peanut gallery starts howling in dismay over it as if it was fact.

Never mind if it was heat pump action, the controller box cooling fins would be all covered with frost while the transfer junction plumbing is just short of boiling and somewhere on the other end of "the hidden wire" an electric meter is whirling frantically round and round and round.

Then the skepto boys feed their BS to some British Tabloid news outlets that specialize in sensational skepto-slander work and weeee, we are off to the races all over again .....

Previous demos got criticized for "the hidden wire" that provided the resistance current that actually made the whole thing get hot, so this is the current skepto "hidden wire" that just has to be there, somehow.  

No one has ever found that hidden wire, ever .....

Rossi has also said this is his last demo of any kind that he will ever do, that all demo activity is counterproductive in that it saps his personal energy that would best be spent doing something useful.

I would like to see a production demo of a room heater unit running about a hundred or so of Rossi's reactors for whole a steady year off a recording meter equipped 110 volt wall socket --- skepto THAT you skepto boys and girls.

Heck, you can do it in my den, I volunteer my fireplace hearth as a nice safe location.

===================================================

Rossi's demo included more information than he intended, mainly because the organizer/presenter, Matts Lewan,  continued to show up close live oscilloscope and voltage meter data that was running while Rossi was inside his overlarge controller box twiddling with things, while turning off entire sections of "reactor feedback sensing" for example.

It was not an accident that the demo unit only put out 1/3 of the heat it is capable of doing, it was blunted down to that level intentionally by Rossi.

We now see the controller puts out a very high voltage interrupted DC at very very low amperage except during start up when it goes up from 0.2 amps up to "roughly" standard Quartz bulb pre-heat levels.   Someone joked it reminded them of the output from a Tesla coil .....

Rossi has now received multiple offers of "non-disclosure" help from very good, very experienced EE people who are very good at this sort of industry.   Rossi, being Rossi, will casually pick a brain or two but he will never admit he had any lacks in his current set up nor that he has any lacks educationally or experientially that stop him from fixing them.

It becomes clearer that Rossi's device really isn't that hard to do, and that some of the "technical roadblocks" may remain in place simply because Rossi wants to hide behind them, using the roadblocks to confuse his copiers/trolls/potential competitors.

I expect Rossi to catch a new wave of "you overly proud, greedy greedy capitalist old man" out on the internet because it is fairly clear now that the main impediment to more rapid progress is Rossi being Rossi (same old story all over again).

At Rossi's age and considering his slowly failing health he needs to license his tech over to ABB or Siemens AG and simply relax and retire, answering questions as needed.   His energy and drive and capability has declined over the last 2 years to the point HE SIMPLY CANNOT BE A ONE MAN BAND ANY MORE.   He is now the roadblock more than anything else.

Another point that is becoming clearer and clearer is that if you leave Rossi in charge he will eventually go invent a brand new approach and totally drop the "up and working stuff" he has now on deck yet again (for the 3rd time no less) -- this will be a complete disruptor to his business partners and is one of several reasons Rossi never keeps a business partner for very long.

The E-Cat X format was invented to overcome an issue of "runaway overheating to failure" but has become its own puzzlement for efficient controller design and is "an overly complex implementation" right now.

Rossi needs to assemble a technical team out of his partners and begin assigning the work to be done to competent skilled people  -- his first commercial implementation needs to be a stable output of moderate size and then a good industrial design and a good control design must be exactly fitted to that application.   No gross over do, no gross inefficiency.   Knowing exactly what load has to be controlled, and building a simple cheap "on - off" way of energizing that set of reactors.   Using a plug in replacement element format, one that is very cost effective to build.

« Last Edit: 01/20/18 at 02:51:10 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 12/01/17 at 07:32:37

http://e-catworld.com/2017/12/01/rossis-e-cat-and-big-oil-mason-ainsworth/

(You need to read this by clicking and going there, there is an entire history laid out of the progress of LENR over the last 10 years and shows how LENR has gained complete acceptance at the University Level in both of the large Nordic Peninsula Countries)

STOCKHOLM DEMONSTRATION

From the above, it is clear that Rossi has something real to share going into the demonstration. And his intent was to capitalize on the opportunity in pursuit of industrialization. He was focused upon signaling his intent. His choice of Stockholm is interesting and implies his wish to convey openness to a global audience and global opportunities.

The demonstration was astounding. Rossi told the story and demonstrated his ability to control a plasma which generated a COP=500. Further, he had William S. Hurley, an expert in oil refineries and an associate of a Fortune 100 Big Oil corporation Andeavor Inc., sitting to his right, in the “forbidden zone” behind the table.

As has been shared elsewhere, Andeavor is a corporation with about 1.2 Million barrels/day oil total refining production from multiple locations. William Hurley’s presence invites the question of how would Andeavor benefit from a LENR heat source with a COP=500? Estimates of annual costs saving have ranged between $1 and $4 Billion; estimates which, depending upon Andeavor’s strategic intent, could support debt of about $10 to $40 Billion, assuming a 10% cost of money, for various uses such as the ability to expand through price competition and/or purchase of other refinery assets.

The big problem Rossi arguably faces is “what would trigger the question in the mind of a corporate board of directors: would we be negligent or incompetent if we avoided LENR as an opportunity to address the growing pressure to act?” Rossi’s choice of staging the presence of Big Oil raises questions on the challenges the oil industry faces, challenges facing these corporate board of directors.

I won’t detail out formal responses to structures for analyzing competitive strategy that encompass: the threat of new entrants, the bargaining power of suppliers, the bargaining power of buyers, the threat of substitute products or services, the rivalry among existing competitors, and the formation of complementary coalitions or grouping of corporations. But, most of us are already aware of the changes impacting the global energy industry. Alt-energy sources such as solar have reached price parity with the least expensive forms of existing energy sources and are now moving towards a growing price advantage. There is an increasing probability expressed in the MSM for electric vehicles to dominate new vehicle sales in less than 10 years. The transition away from oil is an accepted though contested fact. The question is “When?” given there is a growing probability for global flat demand in 10 years or less and a growing probability for declining demand quickly after onset of this global flat demand. All of this suggesting that in 30-40 years oil demand will be driven primarily as chemical feedstock rather than as a source of energy.

OPINION/CONCLUSION

If the “Tipping Point” reflects a rebalancing of existing forces, then Rossi’s QuarkX’s evolution of a COP=80 to COP=500 materially changes the economic pressure supporting the implementation of LENR.

Rossi’s work with a representative of Big Oil integrates the simple unacknowledged fact that Big Oil is now planning, organizing, and acting in recognition of a foreseeable downsizing of global demand. A fact that nurtures the competitive mindset which is open to “creative destruction”; a mindset open to protecting the US oil industry at the expense of competitors, whether corporations or nations; a mindset that says “I’m going to eat your lunch and my lunch, before you can eat my lunch!”

Further, Rossi has the implicit threat of COP=22,000 for those holding positions of authority who act on the belief of protecting/managing the Status Quo, pushing them to accept a starting point for the integration of a new source of energy into the existing structure, guiding them to deal with the “small” rather than the “large” destabilizing force.

By design or intuition or simple luck, Rossi is forcing those industries and/or investors which care to put up or shut up for the simple reason: a COP=500 enables market place domination.
Will Rossi succeed? I want to believe so. Will his partner be with Big Oil? I don’t have an opinion either way aside from Hurley’s presence.   At 1.2 Million barrels/day oil total refining production from multiple locations. William Hurley’s presence invites the question of how would Andeavor benefit from a LENR heat source with a COP=500?  Estimates of annual costs saving have ranged between $1 and $4 Billion; estimates which, depending upon Andeavor’s strategic intent, this return could support taking on short term debt of about $10 to $40 Billion, assuming a 10% cost of money, for various uses such as the ability to expand through price competition and/or purchase of other refinery assets.

OPINION/CONCLUSION

If the “Tipping Point” reflects a rebalancing of existing forces, then Rossi’s QuarkX’s evolution of a COP=80 to COP=500 materially changes the economic pressure supporting the implementation of LENR.

Rossi’s demo with a representative of Big Oil sitting behind the table as the Measurement Expert integrates the simple unacknowledged fact that Big Oil is now planning, organizing, and acting in recognition of a foreseeable downsizing of global demand. A fact that nurtures the competitive mindset which is open to “creative destruction”; a mindset open to protecting the US oil industry at the expense of competitors, whether corporations or nations; a mindset that says “I’m going to eat your lunch and my lunch, before you can eat my lunch!”

Further, Rossi has the implicit threat of COP=22,000 for those holding positions of authority who act on the belief of protecting/managing the Status Quo, pushing them to accept a starting point for the integration of a new source of energy into the existing structure, guiding them to deal with the “small” rather than the “large” destabilizing force.

By design or intuition or simple luck, Rossi is forcing those industries and/or investors which care to put up or shut up for the simple reason: a COP=500 enables market place domination.

Will Rossi succeed? I want to believe so. Will his partner be with Big Oil? I don’t have an opinion either way aside from Hurley’s presence.

As always, we will slowly learn more and more about "the players behind the table" and their significance.  Norway has some serious native Big Oil, the North Sea drilling platform type Big Oil.   Petroleum is Norway Export item #1 so they are very interested in anything that might threaten that revenue stream, or could make it even more profitable.  

As such, having a Big Oil Measurement Expert sitting behind the table, one who actually works for Big Oil, was very very interesting to me as oil refineries use a whole lot of heat energy to crack and then vapor/sort process all that oil into the various grades of petrol products.   Rather than burn their own profit margin (oil) to heat their refinery frac towers, using the E-catX at COP of 500 plus instead of oil would save their refineries a ton of money .....

Plus, the ones with enough cash to bring on the revolution won't be the ones put in a pinch over it after it is over.

Rossi historically "likes" a replicator named Me356  and has given him enough hints privately to boost him along in his way.    Some theorize that Me356 is in fact functioning as a Rossi sock puppet, who merely independently confirms each of Rossi's general big talking points independently as he goes along.  

Me356 in turn keeps Rossi's main secrets secret under NDA (and continues to do so).   So, please trust that if this was leaked, it was leaked at Rossi's request and it furthers some Rossi plan or another ......

Yes, it does show Me356 has a home-grown working E-Cat X module that can be turned on-off and turned up/down at will.   This serves to get the replicator crowd all fired up again, and along with the detailed information shown in the demo will have 3-4 of them doing this  E-Cat X stuff at this level soon enough .....

http://e-catworld.com/2017/12/01/mystery-video-me356-test/

« Last Edit: 12/02/17 at 10:02:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 12/06/17 at 23:26:52

Quick update

The E-Cat World peanut gallery contains a lot of hit and run skepto-paths who are now arguing every single point anyone makes about pursuing Rossi based LENR.   Every path is wrong to them and gets derided loudly.   I wouldn't read this stream of garbage willingly and I won't suggest that you guys do so either until Frank gets his list troll issues purged to a higher degree.

The trolls are getting list feedback from old established members about being "broken records" in their nasty comments.   However, the trolls have no place to go since a lot of the other lists have given up and gone under lately -- having become troll havens in essence and then being shut down by their owners.

Some new rules for posting are going up, which gives the list owner a pathway to remove some of the more toxic people (if needed).

Rossi is back in Florida, working in his lab to refine his control system for a smaller discrete low load device (say a room heater as an example just pulled out of the air by me).  

"His team" is working in Scandinavia on his first commercial implementation which apparently needs that big control box (which gives you an idea of the size of commercial implementations being considered).  

Rossi is now taking a path trying to recover the waste heat from his controller by using a cool input coolant flow from his heat output system, which means electrical dumping losses from his controller actually become part of his heat output.  

Another way to say this is that his controller needs liquid cooling to survive as it gets bigger and bigger ......

This also means the electrical feedback spikes from the reactor must be dumped in the controller somehow as heat.   For the longest time Rossi has said 10% of the E-Cat X output was electrical in nature and lo and behold we see him dumping about that much heat inside his overbuild fin and fan equipped controller box.

Larger commercial implementations could perhaps try to use this reverse spike power somehow, but folks seeing the thing run recognize that it turns on and off within a 4-6 second cycle span and the snap they hear on shun off is likely a reverse electrical power spike that must be used somehow or or else dumped in the controller box as heat.

This also sorta means the 'Cat would likely burn itself up if it ran for more than 6 seconds without controller intervention.   So, how well the controller runs becomes the real 5 sigma test results with total reactor failure by internal melt down being the failure mode that will eventually be seen when a controller failure happens.

If any of this is real, folks begin to see why Rossi is hiding this sort of information from all his supporters and from his potential investors again.   They also see why he is running his reactors way way down at the 30% output power level right now.

He is not really ready for a commercial roll out but he is working on a roll out anyway, looking for ways to customize his stuff for just that one use so he can learn some more "experientially" about his challenges.

This is what happened in Doral, and it took a half a year for Ross's partners to realize it wasn't going to pan out for them as a general thing.

If any of this is right, he is likely building himself another Doral experience which will likely have the same results.

To avoid this, Rossi needs to assemble a team that is REALLY REALLY GOOD with electrical engineering and has a lot of experience buffering energy spikes.   EMP pulse guys come to mind, since they deal with shunting off really big energy spikes as their main function in life.

Wink

« Last Edit: 12/09/17 at 04:38:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 12/11/17 at 08:15:35

On Dec. 9th Rossi held a symposium in Sweden, paralleling his thing that took place in Norway right after Thanksgiving.

Once again, there was a table full of people behind the podium table, some new different folks coming from a different country, naturally.

Here is the gist of what Rossi revealed in front of his business partners (ABB specifically was sitting right next to him) ....

The following are selected quotes by Andrea Rossi from the webcast with the Energy 2.0 Society on December 9th, 2017

Now after the Stockholm demonstration, we go to the next step. The next step will be the presentation of the product. We will try, and I think we can arrive to a massive production, at least for the industrial line of products within 2018, and so in this moment we are working very hard to make the factory and the lines necessary to make a massive production. And what about the future? The future is in the hands of God, but what we hope is that this technology will have an exponential to give to the society all its potential.

To put the product out as soon as possible, we are working on it, and I think that if we will be able to respect the scheduling I said, that would be a miracle, because to make a massive industrialization of a product in this time frame is more unique than rare.

The presentation of the product will be public. It will be the launch of the product.

For now we prefer not to license, but to develop the industrialization worldwide, and eventually, as I said before, give licenses for the utilization of the technology in specific fields. For example, a company that makes cars can be interested to be licensed to use this technology, to make something useful for cars that they know better than anybody else. This will obviously happen once the product will be out. So in this moment we are not looking for licensees, we are looking for industrial expansion, and we have made in Stockholm a very important agreement in this sense, that I think will bring to a fast development of the product, and eventually to the company go public.

What does Rossi mean by product?   His reactors and his control systems are his only product right now.   ABB will crank up the automated assembly lines and will make a stream of product to go out into initial experimental industrial implementations all over the world, pending Leonardo granting use licenses for particular defined applications to businesses world-wide.

Then comes the IPO and the formation of the formal LLC and Rossi then steps back and concentrates on getting rich and being the head of R&D.

When the IPO takes place that signals "ground floor", you should drop some coins into the plate right about then as it goes by.

« Last Edit: 12/11/17 at 12:18:59 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 12/11/17 at 12:55:28

the IPO takes place that signals "ground floor", you should drop some coins into the plate right about then as it goes by.

I will drop my pennies in .
Let us know when.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #35 - 01/11/18 at 05:27:54

http://e-catworld.com/2018/01/11/japan-takes-the-lead-in-sponsoring-a-nationa...

Japan Takes the Lead in Establishing a National LENR Research Program

It appears that Japan is now taking LENR very seriously and has taken the lead in establishing a national research program. Japan has a strong track record in technological development, and the fact that are already in the planning stages for LENR industrialization and commercialization could be a very significant development in the field. No doubt other countries and organizations will begin to take notice, spurring competition and further research.

The term LENR is going to  have to change as the Japanese will not have anything to do with the N word at all, ever again.

But they are pursuing it, as Japan needs energy and it gives them energy at no risk of another fused polluting plant site.

Good news, finished goods will come into the USA with full UL approval as non-nuclear perfectly safe goods.  

We all owe thanks to Rossi for never giving up, but he has lost his window now and we will get the first sets of actual goods from Japanese companies.

The Japanese methods are far enough different and they have their own patents that are 8-10 years old.

« Last Edit: 01/11/18 at 21:53:48 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #36 - 01/19/18 at 20:00:26

http://e-catworld.com/2018/01/19/rossis-e-cat-production-plans/

As things stand right now, based on information that Rossi has provided, this is a summary of what we have learned.

It appears that the industrialization of the E-Cat QX will consist of the manufacture of independent units comprising of 100 individual E-Cat reactors electronically connected in parallel, all driven by a single control unit, and each group of one hundred unit will be rated at around 4kW. This means that each individual E-Cat reactor is rated at around 40W.

Rossi has said that when he presents the industrial product (he hopes it will be this year) he will be showing one of these ~4kW units in action. Rossi has not stated what the COP of this unit will be, and won’t disclose that until they are publicly presented. A 4kW unit could in the future be used for a small domestic heating device, but safety certification has not yet been obtained to use this product for domestic purposes, and so Rossi is concentrating first on plants for industrial purposes.

Rossi has said that these ~4kW units can be combined to make industrial E-Cat plants of whatever power rating is desired. A 1MW E-Cat plant will therefore require the combination of 250 of these units, each with its own control system. He has said, however the the control systems will be contained in a single box “much smaller that 250 x the box you saw in the Stockholm event at the IVA”. Apparently not only has the overheating problem that Rossi described in Stockholm been solved, but also the control system has been substantially reduced in size.

That is about the extent of what Rossi has reported thus far in terms of production plans. So far he has not stated that one of these units has been created by means of robotics, but that is his goal. Only when robotic production is underway will he make the public presentation.

This summary tells us that things are moving fairly rapidly now that a real industrial manufacturing powerhouse called ABB is in charge of commercializing the ideas and Rossi is no longer the "one man show" progress limitation he once was.

Next, it lines out the implementation plan fairly precisely.  For maximum profit participation, you should invest some money in ABB now to catch a generic first bump due to LENR as you can't invest in Leonardo just yet as it isn't a publicly traded stock (no IPO has been done yet).   A rational investor would want to see a total life testing of the device, both to prove out that functional life span and see if any radiation or any other problems take place as the device ends its service life.

This is your early investment advisory.  Next stage will be "This is the extent of what Rossi has reported thus far in terms of production plans.  Only when robotic production is underway will he make the public presentation."  

This public presentation will constitute the start of the main IPO investment wave, and you would want to perhaps have some early pennies invested before this happens.   Personal risk is very high at this ground floor stage as "Rossi Says" is the only source of information that we have as ABB really knows how to keep its mouth shut compared to Rossi's prior partners.

« Last Edit: 01/20/18 at 02:49:58 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 01/19/18 at 20:04:14

independent units comprising of 100 individual E-Cat reactors electronically connected in parallel, all driven by a single control unit, and each unit will be rated at around 4kW. This means that each individual E-Cat reactor is rated at around 40W.

Doesn't sound too promising..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #38 - 01/19/18 at 20:21:32

Justin, this first unit is simply too large for my room heater for my den, it has no residential certifications, it is "unproven tech" that is seeking a first wave of installed units in commercial heating areas.

It is right sized for all the gas zone heaters you see hanging from the high ceiling rafters at Walmart and Sams and right sized for every commercial baking line and drying line in industry.   It is right sized for every apartment building and commercial building both for zone based retrofit baseboard radiator heat and general hot water heating.

It is right sized for a home hydronics heater as a drop in unit (Yo Dave, you paying attention here?).

Do not underestimate the first wave sell in if the cost of heat provided is 20 times lower than what natural gas costs now.

We need to see costs and realities of first implementations before there is any comfort zone in the investing, but the whole trick of ground floor investing is to get in on the ground floor early and that means being willing to act before everything is lined out and known.

Sadly, Rossi simply has a very poor track record for early investors and NO I wouldn't stick my own money in until ABB is making units by the thousands and they are selling in like hotcakes.

Also be aware that Rossi has Japanese competitors that will be moving in quickly and the South Koreans and the Chinese will be stealing the tech (or have already done so since it is now out where Industrial Espionage can get to it).

Roll Eyes

Also, remember generators 1-4 at the original Niagara Falls Power Station -- how each one was a generation better than the one built before, but they were built as fast as could actually be done back in the day.   There is an ongoing refinement at the start of a new tech that is quite dramatic --- reminds me of Moore's Law in computers, it does.

Rossi tech will do a room heater eventually, and Rossi tech will create a change wave in industry and home utilities too when they become approved for consumer use.

This is no guarantee that Rossi Co. will be the one making or selling the various levels of innovation that will be taking place.    Tesla and Westinghouse did not hold on to their early monopoly either.

« Last Edit: 01/20/18 at 07:32:21 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 01/20/18 at 00:49:29

I was thinking the math is wrong.
Typo..

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #40 - 02/09/18 at 19:54:45

Just a brief update.

Rossi has an assembly plant site in Sweden now, he has a combined "different specialties" team assigned from ABB personnel and he now has a near finalized design that is undergoing Industrial Design and Production Tooling review for both the reactor sets and for the controller.

Rossi's base design is supposedly for a drop in "easy replace" ceramic board of 100 reactor cells, these sturdy heat durable ceramic boards can be stacked up to whatever you want in overall output.  The controller for the 100 unit card is a simple single computer board suitable for racking.   Water (or other transfer fluid) cooling for the individual controller board is built into the controller system so it no longer overheats.  

The first offerings will be half a megawatt and one megawatt in size and aimed only at steady output levels with ON/OFF temperature control only.   Constant Variable heat is possible but is an added cost frill at this point in time as you can do the on/off as short as every 6 seconds with the current controller system design to achieve very similar heat control levels.   Your current furnace on/offs at a 5 minute fastest possible cycle time, which is good enough as we all know.

Real production robotics lines for engineering samples are being worked up for these products as we speak.   Many many sample sets will be sold to industry and to Academia as people try to get a functional grasp on the underlying technology before adapting it to their products.

Rossi still is hopeful for the first industrial product sample shipments to fly later on this year with the Grand Public Reveal to be held back until real order quantities of samples can be filled.

ABB is in charge at this stage and Rossi is getting somewhat sidelined into a Cheerleader position, but that is OK as he isn't in charge of the detailed work any more, multiple ABB employees are.   Rossi is no longer a significant slow up or obstacle in other words.

The first "samples" production line will be built in Sweden and once this line is proven out it will be duplicated and shipped to America.    Timeline for this is 2019-2020 but first sample units off the original Swedish line will be available for shipment by the end of the year supposedly.

Now is the time to start putting some spare investment change into ABB.     Your downside risk is that it is all "Rossi's imagination" and I think there are way too many eyes on it for that to be too much of a real risk at this time.    Risk of it being not real is way less than 50% in other words.   Risk of it hitting an "approvals" problem or a pricing or production snag makes up the majority of the risk but since ABB is involved in doing it the odds of this screwing things up is lower and lower.

Only risk the small amounts of money that you can stand to lose completely.    I expect some sort of sabotage event early on as various vested interests stand to lose a huge amount of existing capital investment that will go obsolete overnight unless E-Cat is delayed or stopped.

Example:   fossil fuels, fission and big fusion research will all take tremendous hits if this takes off without incident.

Rossi is just a sick old man who is simply trying to get this done before he goes.

« Last Edit: 02/10/18 at 08:00:05 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #41 - 02/10/18 at 07:57:33

Longest con ever....

When Rossi dies, it will become the saving grace that never happened.
Conspiracies abound...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #42 - 02/10/18 at 08:11:16

"Getting it done" means shipping enough samples out to industry and academia that the breakthrough is recognized publically and cannot be rolled back by establishment pressure.

Getting the Chinese and others to steal the "first generation" technology and then to bootleg it widely accomplishes the same end.   Then Rossi can drop the second generation on us with all its improvements and cost reductions.

Rossi "being in a foot race with competitors and rip offs" simply means everybody works faster and harder and E-Cat tech gets out there quicker from a variety of sources (very hard to stymie it and block it with regulations when the bootleggers start to sell copies of it in their own home nations before Swedish UL can even finish testing it).

« Last Edit: 02/16/18 at 01:01:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #43 - 02/15/18 at 08:54:28

http://e-catworld.com/2018/02/15/rossi-progressing-at-exponential-speed-these...

Rossi: “Progressing at Exponential Speed These Days”
Posted on February 15, 2018 • 3 Comments

Five days ago Andrea Rossi was asked on the Journal of Nuclear Physics what chances he gave for getting the industrial E-Cats on the market in 2018, and his reply was “70 %”. Just yesterday when asked the same question he stated: “Today I think between 80 and 90%.”

I asked him what had changed his level of confidence and he replied:

Andrea Rossi
February 15, 2018 at 8:02 AM
Frank Acland:
I am progressing at an exponential speed in these days, because issues that needed months to be resolved a couple of months ago now need less time. I give you a model from Dan Brown: to pass from the discovery of fire to the invention of wheel has taken millions years, but to pass from the invention of the wheel to the invention of an internal combustion engine it has taken thousands of years, and so on.
Obviously I can be wrong and find some unforeseen obstacle, by I am optimist: if you are not an optimist guy, you cannot be either an inventor or an enterpreneur, while I am both.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

It does sound like the really hard work of inventing, testing and all the other R&D necessary for building an acceptable prototype (for the first product) has been accomplished, and now the focus is on getting ready for production.

Also, Rossi wrote this yesterday when asked where he expected the presentation of the first industrial E-Cat product would take place:

Andrea Rossi
February 14, 2018 at 7:17 PM
Lindsey:
As things have developed now, I think the first presentation of the product will be made in the USA.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

It appears that the ABB personnel are making tremendous strides fixing the issues with Rossi's electronic modules and with refining the manufacturability of the flat honeycombs that will be composed of the individual 40 watt Rossi cells.

It is now clear that Rossi had systematically understated EVERYTHING at his public demo, basically so as to not give out any data to his competitors and to make sure there were no bobbles in his public debut.

Expect to see the ABB automated manufactured first samples shown in the USA this year to still remain understated in some fashions, but to show more progress both in output and lowered cost to manufacture as those are the things that Rossi needs to show to completely derail his competitors as they seek their own capital financing.

Also expect that the first full year of improvements to be "in the can" and to be undergoing acceptance testing when the very first version is released.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #44 - 02/28/18 at 04:19:49

Frank Acland
February 26, 2018 at 11:25 AM
Dear Andrea,

So is the larger E-Cat QX prototype you are testing:

1) Part of ongoing R&D?
2) A possible next-generation industrial product?
3) A possible next-generation domestic product?
4) Will its testing be long-term, as with the Sigma 5 testing you did last year?

Thank you if you are able to answer,

Frank Acland

Andrea Rossi
February 26, 2018 at 12:03 PM
Frank Acland:
1- yes
2- yes
3- yes
4- yes
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Frank AclandFebruary 26, 2018 at 7:26 AM

Dear Andrea,From what you have commented regarding testing a higher power E-Cat QX, does this mean you will be abandoning the plans for the smaller reactors, thus requiring you to restart your designing of a commercial plants, and losing time?Best wishes,

Andrea RossiFebruary 26, 2018 at 7:56 AMFrank Acland:  No

OK, lets look back in time to the "shipping containers period" of time ......

Rossi would only talk about a full container, but he had the half container under development and when the test started it was with the much more powerful new reactors in the half container.   And he didn't have to run all of them continuously to make rate either.

This pattern of concealment has been consistent throughout this whole thing -- Rossi keeps his current development work completely secret.   He only exposes the old stuff that he does not really care if it gets stolen.

Remember, he develops new stuff at the rate of one new generation a year, roughly.

Now he is acting all excited over a new E-Cat X cell that is at least twice as big as the current 40-60 watt cell.   This is back up in the  ~ 100 watts ~  range of size that he had the original "run away overheating" issues with that caused him to downsize the things drastically before just so he could keep them running without melting them down at hot spots internally.

Point being that Rossi always tests his largest most modern stable units in a long production run time frame Sigma test.   And then he has a set of new ones you don't know about on deck for testing by the time the ones you do know about are about halfway finished with their test.

Expect the cell size to increase and increase again and the duration life span of the charge to double and double again.

ABB is contributing ample amounts of good quality engineering resources and Rossi sees his progress as being "exponentially faster" now.

« Last Edit: 03/03/18 at 08:02:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 05:23:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.