Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #195 - 11/02/20 at 03:25:36

https://e-catworld.com/2020/10/31/rossi-e-cat-has-been-licensed-for-manufactu...

Here’s a little bit of information that might give us an idea of what Andrea Rossi/Leonardo Corporation’s business plan might be in terms of commercializing the E-Cat.

Sture Andreasson
October 31, 2020 at 4:13 AM
Dear Andrea Rossi,

Have any of your partners been licensed to manufacture e-cat in their factory for use in their own products?

Andrea Rossi
October 31, 2020 at 5:52 AM
Sture Andreasson:
Yes,
Warm Regards,
A.R.

I for one have wondered about this, as things seem to be coming together very very fast just lately.

Mind you we are still guessing that ABB is still a customer (or the first customer) and we have been saying all along that Rossi's little Leonardo is going to get swamped by the demand no matter which components they make.  

Well, we can quit worrying about the Leonardo being the hold up for expansion thing now .....

Rossi has a few very capable full licensees who are doing all the facility design, production design, the making and the UL and CSA work for their own applications.

FIRST MOVER ADVANTAGE is a very real thing in business, so you can expect some more complete silence from Rossi now until his original crew of licensees make their first moves and their own announcements.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #196 - 11/02/20 at 11:06:57

any hint at what the 1st product will be?

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #197 - 11/03/20 at 02:21:26

SKL 95% 5-10 kw electric supply (what is currently built out now)   (small generator equivalent)

SKLPlus  =  a house power supply and or will mostly likely be able to power an EV car with just a small battery for load balancing

Room heater unit  

Which is first?   The easiest to certify, naturally.   Something Industrial most likely.

« Last Edit: 11/03/20 at 17:10:23 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #198 - 11/03/20 at 17:02:01

Rossi: Manufacturing Licensee Will Know All Secrets of the E-Cat SKL,
Will First Produce Energy Generation Products

From the Office of the Official Leaker

Some interesting news has come from Andrea Rossi today on the Journal of Nuclear Physics. He has recently stated that he has come to a licensing agreement with a partner who will be manufacturing E-Cat SKL units.

Today a number of readers, including myself, asked whether this manufacturer would be given all the secrets of the E-Cat. Rossi’s response was that yes, they would. They would be making E-Cats independently of Leonardo Corporation, and presumably they would be paying some kind of fee to Leonardo for the privilege.

Those who have been following the work of Andrea Rossi over the last decade or so, might be quite surprised at this development, because he has always been extremely protective of what he considers to be industrial secrets surrounding the workings of the E-Cat. I suppose he must realize that if he wants to see commercial E-Cat products launched on a large scale, he would have to work with industry partners, and they would of necessity need to know all the ins and the outs of the E-Cat if they are to manufacture them.

I would expect tight confidentiality agreements would have been entered into with any partner he has, but of course, the more people who know about how it works, the greater risk there is that proprietary information would leak out.

Nevertheless, it seems like we are moving into a new chapter in this long E-Cat story as partners come on board to help fulfil Rossi’s ambition to have his E-Cat put to use in the world.

Another piece of information was provided today by Rossi — he wrote that the products that this first licensee would be manufacturing would be for “energy generation . . . Initially for industrial concerns.”

Remember please, Rossi has more than one Manufacturing Licensee now, so any vague or clumsily structured questions may get answers given that are based on whichever Licensee Rossi choses to give the respond about.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #199 - 11/03/20 at 20:09:12

"I suppose he must realize that if he wants to see commercial E-Cat products launched on a large scale, he would have to work with industry partners, and they would of necessity need to know all the ins and the outs of the E-Cat if they are to manufacture them."

You think?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #200 - 11/04/20 at 03:41:00

Frank, in his Office as the Official Leaker, is often used to clarify important points that are left all fuzzy by Rossi's very brief one word answers.

If a quick Frank clarification response won't cure the confusion, a longer "synopsis" format is used by Frank (like this one), or else Frank posts a similar question back to Rossi all over again and Rossi actually types a few phrases to clarify the point more exactly.

“energy generation . . . Initially for industrial concerns.”  is as fully detailed as we get from Rossi right now.

One of the issues we all deal with on E-Cat SKL is NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS, and Rossi is bound by them too.   Frank the Official Leaker is not encumbered to the same degree as Rossi is because Frank isn't Rossi and he really can honestly say he really doesn't know the total correct answer.

Getting the news out at all becomes more difficult the closer to a real announced product the first customer becomes.

===================================================

Rossi has apparently gotten some flak over Frank the Official Leaker's work to push out relatively new info during the current non-disclosure period.

Frank has gotten similar flak directly from the peanut gallery and and some direct questions about what he knows, when he knew it and how he knows it.

Frank has now apparently been given permission by Rossi to talk about a PRE-95% electrical SKL skype demo that he personally witnessed, and he has now done so.

By doing this, Frank adds a little "slightly moldy" info to the pile while PROTECTING the non-disclosure period by carefully dating all his "leaking to date" to June 8th 2020, which is just before the current non-disclosure lock down period started.

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/05/report-of-a-skype-demonstration-of-the-e-ca...

Frank, thank you for sharing this information.

If I understand the timeline correctly, then something older than the 80:20% SKL was demonstrated, not the 80:20%, nor the 95:5% SKL. That your demonstration was prior to June 26th, 2020

Also, if I am understanding the information presented, with the SKL's output at 846.4W, rather than an expected 4kW given the previously stated power rating of 5kW with the "old" efficiency rating of 80:20%, resulting in 1kW of generated heat from the SKL . . . . . . . . . . .

I am guessing this additional observation also supports my premise that your demonstration happened prior to June 26th, 2020 . . . the date Rossi shared that the SKL's energy density was increased, with the eventual result of a 5kW power rating . . . and then the subsequent boost in efficiency from the " barely new" 80:20% efficiency rating to 95:5%.

All of this points to how incredibly important Rossi's stated insight at that time was, an insight that resulted in an incredible increase in control of the SLRPI effect by HAL impacting both energy density and "harvest" efficiency . . . a shift from 846.4 W electricity and 1kW of heat, an efficiency of 46:54% electricity to heat ratio for an SKL rated at 1.85kW , . . . . . to the 95% 5kW SKL with ~4.75kW electricity and 250w heat, an efficiency of 95:5%. That insight was a home run!

Incredible Frank . . . Again, thank you for sharing a story that really enhances our understanding of how much Rossi and Team Rossi moved the ball forward just recently.

Frank Acland ECW Admin  Buck • 3 hours ago • edited
The exact date of this presentation was June 8th 2020

Frank Acland ECW Admin  Buck • 4 hours ago
Yes, that is what I understand too.

So, the peanut gallery has now time tagged all of Frank's leaking to TWO major advancements back in time, and has given a firm time sense to the recent very rapid improvement rate of the E-Cat SKL 80% and again  to the E-CAT SKL 95% advancements, ..... and given us a very vague hint or two at the new SKL Plus generation which is not yet talked about yet at all.

(except that it exists, that is ...... )

Grin

"a shift from 846.4 W electricity and 1kW of heat, an efficiency of 46:54% electricity to heat ratio for an SKL rated at 1.85kW , . . . . . to the 5kW SKL with ~4.75kW electricity and 250w heat, an efficiency of 95:5%." and that is now suspected to be even better and larger in a PLUS version ???

==================================================

New item, the raw DC voltage coming naturally from the current E-Cat reactor is a micro frequency variable (erratic nature) 980+ volts (peak) DC.

Rossi and his electrical partners are working on this issue as logically going about reducing the voltage can happen, but it causes losses at each stage of reduction and some of the first stages of equipment to do it is somewhat bulky and expensive.

A better trick is needed.   There is more existing knowledge about Tesla coils which operate off of AC, but "pulsed DC" isn't very common and has no knowledge base about it.

« Last Edit: 11/27/20 at 20:08:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #201 - 11/12/20 at 04:50:35

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/05/report-of-a-skype-demonstration-of-the-e-ca...

Roland  Frank Acland • a day ago
Hi Frank, there now appear to be three distinct versions of the SKL, the two core 50/50 <1,000W version you witnessed in the summer, the single core 80/20 4kW version that Rossi announced last November which I've labeled the SKL v 1.0 that , briefly, ran in closed loop configuration and the SKL v 2.0 which had 10,000 connections into the reactor but still ran at 80/20 and the SKL v 2.1 5kW which is a modified version of the 2.0 and makes 95/5 electricity and heat respectively.

Prior to the v 2.1 it seemed that this v 2.0 80/20 SKL was to be the one used in the Skype demonstrations, and then for hands on confirmation, but with the advent of the 2.1 this newer version was under consideration for use in the demos.

Perhaps you might inquire which version was finally selected to use for the Skype demos and the hands on confirmation,

Frank Acland ECW Admin  Roland • a day ago • edited
I believe AR has confirmed its the 95/5 version, at least with recent tests.

Roland  Frank Acland • 14 hours ago • edited
Given the apparent confusion in the ranks a clear statement that confirms the version and the basic facts, (number of reactors, output, AC frequency stability etc.) about it would resolve a lot of the current discussions we're having.

AC frequency stability becomes germane if the output is 'choppy' as, if the frequency is stable, there is a 'fix' for choppy output and erratic voltage.

Rossi has apparently gone NDA silent on this topic at customer request.  This has the peanut gallery chewing on old peanut shells for something to do, which is magnifying all the confusions and distractions with layers of active frustration.

It also perhaps indicates something is moving closer to release with a first salable unit ........  

But it also gives nay-sayers license to claim hoax all over again.

To them, not getting any feedback infers that something broke in testing and it is all up in the air again.

« Last Edit: 11/15/20 at 18:39:10 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #202 - 11/14/20 at 09:27:35

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/14/rossi-very-advanced-in-developing-product-t...

From Frank Acland,  the Office of the Official Leaker

Rossi: ‘Very Advanced’ in Developing Product to Demonstrate
Posted on November 14, 2020 • 1 Comment

The big question that is on my mind, and I am sure that is on the mind of many other readers here, is when will we get the public presentation of the E-Cat SKL. Andrea Rossi had been saying earlier this year that it would be in 2020, but recently he has admitted that he is not ready for it.

I asked him this week what needs to be accomplished in order for the presentation to happen. He replied:

Andrea Rossi
November 11, 2020 at 1:21 PM
Frank Acland:
To have a reliable product: that’s all I need.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

From this response it appears that he does not yet have a reliable product, which makes one wonder, how far away is such a product. I followed up with another question:

Frank Acland
November 13, 2020 at 10:56 AM
Dear Andrea,

You stated recently that your presentation will occur once you have a reliable product.

a) How would you characterize your progress towards this goal?
b) When you make a presentation will it be of a commercial product, or an experimental prototype?

His response:

Andrea Rossi
November 13, 2020 at 2:06 PM
Frank Acland:
a) I think we are very advanced
b) I think it will be a commercial product
Warm Regards,
A.R.

It’s hard to know the exact state of things from brief comments such as these; Even though he states that they are ‘very advanced’ Andrea Rossi is known to be optimistic in his projections, so I am not building up any hopes for a presentation in the near future.

I find Frank backing down on these Rossi comments very interesting ---- that Frank knows enough to think they need to be softened somewhat and certainly not get pumped up any.

Now my thoughts on high voltage and erratic charge currents -- only one sort of battery can directly take in that level of input voltage and jaggedness, and that is a dry mesh graphene battery.

Such batteries are still experimental, but if they can take a DC charge from a pulsing (but not alternating), very erratic 980 volt input source and then discharge at a stable rate set by the number of plates, well then two or three small sized examples of such batteries switching off on each other (one charging and the other two cooling and stabilizing then discharging) can act as both a current stabilizer and as a short term storage medium.

They don't have to be a set of large capacity batteries as they can feed their buffered output to a more normal on vehicle battery bank once the source voltage gets switched or rotated off charging duty, but the ability to take in large erratic over voltages and then feed out a known steady voltage and amperage charging flow both cheaply and naturally is a very needed thing for Rossi's stuff at the moment.

Partially Substantiated Rumor:   Elon Musk's private jet's tail fin number landed last week at the same local airport that serves ABB home offices and stayed there for 4-6 hours.

Realise that Musk could have had some of his people viewing Rossi's video feeds for a while now, and now he has come in person to cast eyeballs on something physically at ABB headquarters.

Musk like other Captains of Industry would never deal with an eccentric like Rossi, who is way way way too far out there for Musk's image.   Musk is doing damage control on his own Tony Stark-like image right now and he needs no more Emmett Brown like influences (Back to the Future) showing up on his image page.    

ABB's style is much more to Musk's liking I would think.

Volvo Over the Road Electric Trucks are a thing in Scandinavia.   Volvo Trucking's home office is 4 miles away from ABB headquarters.   If there was something to see, Musk would be able to get into his competitors to see their plant as he allows them into his Megafactories to see his stuff.  

Quid Pro Quo .... i.e. basic "courtesy stuff" in industry.

Somebody is up to something, ergo the big quiet that is settling over everything ........

« Last Edit: 11/24/20 at 21:22:59 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #203 - 11/14/20 at 13:18:55

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/14/rossi-very-advanced-in-developing-product-t...

Rossi clarifies a mis-understood answer.   These were Rossi's last communications as of November 13 of 2020, then the big NDA silence descended ......

Bill Conley
November 13, 2020 at 6:09 PM
Dear Andrea,

To clarify, when you told Frank Acland that all you needed was a “reliable product” were you referring to:

A) A product that you believe is currently of reliable design, but needs to be proven reliable through a battery of tests of various types and durations, or

B) A product that needs further R&D to achieve a more reliable design which can subsequently be proven in testing.

Thanks for your response and for your groundbreaking work.

Bill
-------------------------------------------------
Andrea Rossi
November 14, 2020 at 4:43 AM

Bill Conley:
“A” has not been completed yet.

Warm Regards,
A.R.

====================================================

Well, Rossi wasn't kidding about a new round of NDA silence starting right now on Nov 13th, Rossi personally hasn't said a peep in over two weeks about anything.

Frank has been silent as well --- only ones even trying to talk at all are a few of the peanut gallery guys.

The Peanut Gallery as a whole has completely ground to a halt due to no new information being leaked and no comments or answers being logged on any questions that are posed, no matter where posted or to whom they are addressed.

This smells a good bit like ABB in action, this total silence on all customer associated matters ......

« Last Edit: 11/21/20 at 22:22:41 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #204 - 11/25/20 at 08:57:38

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/25/rossi-we-are-preparing-something-really-imp...

Lots of money is being spent on something right now and Rossi is complaining a bit

Rossi: “We Are Preparing Something Really Important”
Posted on November 25, 2020 • 4 Comments

I think most readers here are wondering what is going on now in Andrea Rossi’s lab. We have been told by him that there will not be a presentation this year, but possibly in the first quarter of 2021. The only vague details he has provided is that they are working on issues of reliability. Gerard McEk brought up this subject with a question on the Journal of Nuclear Physics:

Gerard McEk
November 22, 2020 at 10:24 AM
Dear Andrea,
A few weeks ago you said you possibly have a solution to make the Ecat more reliable.
Have you made any progress in the reliability or are you still working on that?
Thanks, kind regards, Gerard

Andrea Rossi
November 22, 2020 at 11:29 AM
Gerard McEk:
The work is in progress, and day by day we are eliminating the weak points.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

I was curious about the difficulty of the work they are involved in is, so I followed up:

Frank Acland
November 22, 2020 at 3:26 PM
Dear Andrea,

Glad to hear you are making progress. How difficult are the problems you have to deal with?

Andrea Rossi
November 22, 2020 at 4:18 PM
Frank Acland:
I do not see problems we cannot resolve. We are preparing something really important. The work is hard, the important is to stay calm.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

And in response to a question from Xavier Pitz about what level the E-Cat has reached on a scale of “too easy” to “insane”, one year after announcing it, Rossi replied, “The answer is: “insane”. And extremely expensive.”

Gerard McEk • 4 hours ago • edited
Concerning:

And in response to a question from Xavier Pitz about what level the E-Cat has reached on a scale of “too easy” to “insane”, one year after announcing it, Rossi replied, “The answer is: “insane”. And extremely expensive.”

AR replied to me that the ’reliability’ has ‘improved’ to the level ‘insane’ and it’s the ‘development cost’ that are ‘extremely expensive’
The interpretation of this ‘insane’ for the reliability improvement is difficult. It could mean it is near to ‘forever’ reliable or that the reliability is, despite the enormous development cost, still marginal. I think it is the latter. "

Share ›
Gerard McEk  Gerard McEk • 3 hours ago
See in JoNP:

Gerard McEk
November 25, 2020 at 3:25 PM
Dear Andrea,
A few days ago you replied to Xavier Pitz that the Ecat SKL has risen to the level ‘insane’ and ‘extremely expensive’.
Does this ‘insane’ mean that the Ecat SKL has improved in
1. reliability?
2. output power?
3. efficiency?
4. usability?
5. scalability?
6. simplicity?
7. complexity?
8. producibility?
9. ability to integrate in 3rd party products?
10. market value?
11. another aspect?
12. But also that it has become very expensive to buy, or is it the development cost you are referring to?
I hope you soon will reach the moment to openly show and present your baby!
Kind regards, Gerard

Andrea Rossi
November 25, 2020 at 3:47 PM
Gerard McEk:
Development cost
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Share ›
Roland  Gerard McEk • 2 hours ago
That's hilarious Gerard.

Share ›

Nixter • 7 hours ago • edited
More never ending improvements and breakthroughs leading to redesigns and setbacks. The "device" probably is getting better with each iteration, the true final version will be introduced out of necessity, like when a competitors product is about to be released. Dr Rossi is on to something, his partners and he will present the world with something breathtaking and sci-fi like even if only half of what he says is true. An unattended self powered box that generates power for extended periods of time should get the attention of the many factions monitoring this incipient branch of new science. I haven't heard much publicly released from Chinese R&D teams, their government and military has to have an eagle eye on the field. Military applications will be ripe for anything that needs energy to run. Will Dr. Rossi and partners sell to military concerns, will it matter with competition close behind?

Rossi now has some automotive customers who are now wanting PPAP level documentation as a routine sort of thing and Rossi is now complaining about the cost and detail levels that this certification requires.

Rossi has always sought certification at a much lower "sigma 5"  level  (a Rossi coined term that exists nowhere else)
as some of his data is time consuming and difficult to collect in a variables fashion and any controller spike can indicate an out of control condition that causes him to FAIL STANDARD AUTOMOTIVE PPAP CERTIFICATION

The Japanese (Mizuno group) are getting ready to release a commercial heat only product and Rossi is now under the gun to perform (to release a fully documented PPAP'd product with a controller that shows that firm 6 sigma statistical control is in place).  

Rossi is having to "hurry up and do PPAP level exhaustive testing" and that stuff isn't any fun to do personally, so you can understand it is becoming time for Rossi to turn it all over to a Distributor/Major Customer or two that are experienced in this area (with a very carefully written contract so Rossi can collect his money and his Nobel Prize) and then simply retire to go fiddle around in his lab).

Use of the dry plate graphene battery trick (3 graphene batteries in charging, cool down, discharge rotation cycle) to take out all the controller spikes and output noise variations, this is what would give Rossi a statistically stable process, but at lower output numbers.   You can feed it some output trash and it will give you statistical stability after it cools down a bit and begins the discharge cycle to the main batteries.   This is where you define your "output" as taking place.

Rossi has always reported "raw" single point development data, now he has to understand that he can only EVER report statistically stable process output numbers, numbers which are generally much lower than raw single point cherry picked numbers .......  

Having initially set his "print limits" off of a few bits of cherry picked raw data, Rossi is screwed as he goes for PPAP based off his early claims.

Finally understanding what is required for Automotive PPAP certification, Rossi chooses to try again to search out a less demanding industrial market for his initial introduction.

At least one of his initial potential "major distributor/customers pairs" is pure automotive.  This pair will have to support a large workload to get all of what they are demanding, as Rossi isn't equipped to give it to them "on demand".   Asking for PPAP data and analysis off a development process isn't realistic until there is a stable existing production process to PPAP.

The "easy markets" Rossi could go for in the USA are all under the thumbs of Big Oil and are mostly unavailable to him in the USA because of Big Oil contractual agreements.   See Rossi have to move his initial product to Scandinavia or to Japan to be close to his first big customers, the ones with no oil resources of their own, in areas that will truly want his product.

Rossi is still PROMISING a full display of his SKL tech in 2021, but this will be after a lot of work is done to increase the control reliability on a naturally erratic process output.

Rossi is an old man now, and he is not able to fight all of "them" all over the place as he did when he was younger.  

Rossi comes across as acting old and tired and frustrated at times.    Generally,  when this happens he needs to take a week-long break and regenerate himself.

Rossi currently has an industrial safety certifications for a simple heating device, trying to get the same safety certification for something based upon Zero Point Energy  (i,e,"lightning in a toolbox")  is going to be a far far far different kettle of fish.   Especially something with 980 volts DC as its primary output voltage.   Such would require drop testing and swinging ball testing and crash testing, testing that would have to keep that voltage under control during an emergency shut down after the box got "run over by a truck tire" or "getting involved in a train wreck".

Rossi still needs to find his George Westinghouse, somebody to handle the financial, legal and certification testing aspects of his first product.

Rossi lacks the electronics skills and the money and the available life span to do this onerous task by himself.    He keeps getting bushwhacked by things he doesn't foresee, things like PPAP requirements and ball test and crash test requirements as HE HAS NO STABLE (LONG TIME IN PLACE) PRODUCTION PROCESS TO RUN THESE REQUIREMENTS AGAINST ......

« Last Edit: 11/29/20 at 21:03:18 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #205 - 11/30/20 at 08:34:08

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/30/rossi-progress-on-e-cat-skl-excellent/

Rossi: Progress on E-Cat SKL “Excellent”
Posted on November 30, 2020 • 2 Comments

There’s an encouraging comment by Andrea Rossi on the Journal of Nuclear Physics today in response to a question asking about what he is doing with the E-Cat SKL in the present time, and whether the coronavirus situation has caused delays.

Andrea Rossi
November 30, 2020 at 4:44 AM

Robert:

The Covid has caused delays, but not in the measure necessary to create relevant damages.
Presently I am working in remote with all the Team and I work in a laboratory testing the Ecat to consolidate the reliability of the device.
I dare to define the progress excellent, both under the experimental point of view and under the theoretical point of view.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Excellent is not a normal adjective that Rossi uses when asked about how his work is going. Typically he emphasizes the need to work hard and work through problems, etc. Maybe this is why he was prompted to make a promise that the presentation would be held in 2021.

Regarding the presentation, I recently asked whether it has been decided yet what will be shown when the presentation is held. He replied, “moreless yes”.

Interestingly, Rossi is working this week in somebody else's lab working to "consolidate the reliability of the device".

The fact he has his device out in somebody else's lab is interesting all by itself.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #206 - 11/30/20 at 12:50:20

I would think that a customer had a problem using the device and called him in to resolve it.
Maybe it was a minor problem and now it works as intended.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #207 - 11/30/20 at 14:12:58

I also think that ABB needs to clone Rossi's ability to troubleshoot these systems.   Rossi is over 70 years old now ......  what  happens when he retires ????

From ABB a public job posting concerning the need for a young, multi-talented theoretical physicist with applied mathematical skills is needed to strengthen our modeling capabilities in monitoring, diagnostics and prognostics.   Sounds like they need some help with improving HAL functionality on the fly, doesn't it?

Enginer01 • 30 minutes ago
It is a an unconfirmed speculation that ABB Ltd (Switzerland and Sweden and...) is associated with Leonardo's efforts. but this seemed interesting:

[wanted ad] Theoretical physicist / applied mathematician (80-100%)new.abb.com › Home › Job search

Nov 17, 2020 — We are looking for an outstanding physicist or mathematician to join our group, to strengthen our modelling capabilities especially in the fields of [of monitoring, diagnostics and prognostics.] If you are passionate about science and technology and want to work in an ... Apply advanced methods for model- and data-driven approaches in this field ..."
(less edited version at https://new.abb.com/jobs/de... )

Share ›

Buck  Enginer01 • 24 minutes ago • edited
Very evocative. I like the first sentence as it can suggest they are looking for someone who can have a meaningful "talk" with HAL :

Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.

(job posting got pulled down, either got filled internally or else the posting was deemed to reveal too much information and tripped over the NDA agreements)

"Gerard McEk December 1, 2020 at 3:39 AM

Dear Andrea,
From the small grains of information you give us I think that commercialization of the Ecat SKL is finally in sight. Congratulations with your ‘excellent progress’.
Can you give us a hint in what type of Products it is being integrated first?
1. Electric energy supply for industrial use
2. Electric energy supply for domestic use
3. Automotive and heavy mobile equipment
4. Agriculture
5. Water supply (desalination)
6. Another product area
7. Is your intention to produce in first instance only one type of Ecat able of producing say 5 kWe or
8. Will you immediately produce a range of Ecats of different levels of output power?
"Gerard McEk December 1, 2020 at 3:39 AM

Dear Andrea,
From the small grains of information you give us I think that commercialization of the Ecat SKL is finally in sight. Congratulations with your ‘excellent progress’.
Can you give us a hint in what type of Products it is being integrated first?
1. Electric energy supply for industrial use
2. Electric energy supply for domestic use
3. Automotive and heavy mobile equipment
4. Agriculture
5. Water supply (desalination)
6. Another product area
7. Is your intention to produce in first instance only one type of Ecat able of producing say 5 kWe or
8. Will you immediately produce a range of Ecats of different levels of output power?

Answers:   # 1 & # 8
Warm Regards, A.R."

« Last Edit: 12/02/20 at 21:59:38 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #208 - 12/02/20 at 21:55:30

https://e-catworld.com/2020/11/30/rossi-progress-on-e-cat-skl-excellent/

This is a couple of peanut gallery people explaining why they think what they think.  

Axil Axil  Enginer01 • 10 hours ago • edited
As I see things, Rossi will not announce a product until ABB has developed and tested a product ready for their market. Most likely, ABB and Rossi are jointly developing the ABB product together and ABB is funding Rossi's help. This situation implies that Rossi does not control the time when product release will occur. It is all up to ABB. They are in the drivers seat because they are funding R&D.

Enginer01  Axil Axil • 9 hours ago
Rossi inferred the "strategy" was developed by Deloitte. I hesitate to suggest who he is working with. But it sounds like Rossi, ABB, Deloitte & and one or more potential clients/manufactures are meeting regularly "on line" to polish the strategy for confidential real world tests followed by major commercial PR.

Axil Axil  Enginer01 • 9 hours ago
Maybe Deloitte has advised Rossi to be light on his feet and be reactive to developing opportunities. Rossi seems to be reactive to whoever walks into his shop and asks to joint the development and product release effort.

Axil Axil  Enginer01 • 9 hours ago
The other company is Volvo auto which will attempt to produce a SKL powered electric car. But that development will take years and they are out of the current product release timeframe.

enantiomer2000  Axil Axil • 8 hours ago
How do you know about Volvo?

Enginer01  Axil Axil • 8 hours ago
Baloney. (not meant as argumentum ad hominem.) Gothenburg has 145 Volvo electrical articulated buses, and expects to be 100% electric by 2030. Simple matter to slip in an e-Cat or two and extend routes past the TOSA limits.

Axil Axil  Enginer01 • 7 hours ago • edited
Upon more research, It appears that I am mistaken.

Rossi wrote:

“. I know that giants are already working to compete with us: Shell, Mitsubishi, MIT, Volvo, ABB, NASA…and I am strongly honored to have inspired, in some way, their work; to be clear: should I have not broken the ice in three years of public work, since January 2011, none of these Entities would have taken seriously LENR in the measure they are taking them now.”

The Volvo Group (Swedish: Volvokoncernen; legally Aktiebolaget Volvo, shortened to AB Volvo, stylized as VOLVO) is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg. While its core activity is the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services. In 2016, it was the world's second largest manufacturer of heavy-duty trucks.

Rossi once mentioned that AB Volvo along with ABB was one of his competitors. This relationship is a tell about who is interested in his technology.

Bob Greenier is off in "theoretical science land" on completely different subjects again.  He feels Rossi is not in charge of his device any longer, that others are running the show now and calling all the shots for him.

Matts Lewan (Rossi's biographer) has now taken on a full time job with a newspaper, saying he will only return to write a new chapter after Rossi has submitted his device to a scientific review panel or has begun shipping commercial products.

Both Matts and Bob have been pushed out into the cold by the Deloitte/ABB/Volvo influence and other sources of leakage (Frank?) have been curtailed as well.

5 different levels of E-Cat SKL have been mentioned recently, with 5 KW being the smallest.

A self-contained EV recharging station seems to be a good initial product for the big 'uns along with an electrically powered 360o rotating ship propeller system.

These are all stationary uses that fall within Rossi's existing certifications.

Deloitte, ABB and Volvo are the current favorites for the major movers.

The CEO of ABB just exercised his stock buy option to pick up a very large block of ABB stock personally.

ABB also has put parts of GE Power Transmission Technology (something they bought during the draw down of GE 5 years ago) out for sale to China and has cancelled plans for expanding ABB's Land Transmission Line of products.

« Last Edit: 12/03/20 at 21:45:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #209 - 12/04/20 at 05:45:34

https://e-catworld.com/2020/12/04/will-the-grid-be-powered-by-e-cats/

Will the Grid be Powered by E-Cats?
Posted on December 4, 2020 • 0 Comments

Many of us are very curious about the companies that Andrea Ross/Leonard Corporation is working with at the moment. Rossi has stated that he is working with multiple companies, but has not revealed the names of any of them yet. He has also stated that the first products will be for industrial, rather than household use.

There have been some questions posed on the Journal of Nuclear Physics about some of the industries he is working with, and from some of his respones, it appears that some of his potential customers are either power stations, or companies that provide generation equipment for the electrical grid.

Calle H
December 1, 2020 at 9:02 AM
Dear Andrea,

May I ask a follow-up question to the questions raised by Gerard McEk. You kindly indicated that the first E-Cat application would be 1. Electric energy supply for industrial use. Does that mean that the E-Cat electric energy

A. will be consumed in the particular industry where the E-Cat is installed
B. will be sold the grid (the industry is a power station)

Andrea Rossi
December 1, 2020 at 9:41 AM
Calle H:
Both
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Frank Acland

December 3, 2020 at 8:43 AM
Dear Andrea,

Are you working with companies that are involved in generating electricity for the grid?

Andrea Rossi
December 3, 2020 at 9:24 AM
Frank Acland:
Yes
Warm Regards,
A.R.

If the E-Cat SKL can generate electricity cleanly, efficiently and reliably, with high power density, it will be seen by many as a very attractive alternative to all the current sources of energy that currently power the grid. With so many policy makers trying to wean the world off fossil fuels, if E-Cat generators appear on the scene it might be the obvious way to rapidly transition to zero-carbon electrical grid.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 01:24:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.