Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New brake light and turn signals (Read 118 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: New brake light and turn signals
Reply #15 - 08/26/17 at 14:49:34

Yeah, I'm familiar with it Smiley I have a background in photography and a bit of graphic design. I work in a similar way to you. I go by feel, but I'm aware of the math in the back of my mind.

Things catch my eye like that all the time. They either make me feel calm, or they jarr me ... the tall risers and the tail light used to jar me Smiley

The first time I took the seat off the bike, I thought "now that looks great!" ... except the fender is too high, and long, and the bottom is too straight for that look. For a long time I wanted to chop or replace that rear fender, but I don't have the skills to go that far, and I ride the bike all the time so I don't wanna lay it up for long while I learn how to. I decided to work with the lines that are there and just tweak what I could.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 08/26/17 at 16:32:34

On my sportster I used a slash cut tail light and a angled lic plate mount to follow the lines on the fender and the lines were perfect took away the straight up & down lines. But then I changed the seat to a Corbin and the rear section is cut flat , I love the seat but the flat area is the only thing I see at a glance,totally upset the sexy sweeping lines it had with the stock seat.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/27/17 at 09:03:48

Nice job on that seat, you did a little sculpting that improves appearance and it looks like you were able to use the same cover.   I'm thinking of doing something similar with my seat so that I can slide back just a little more when I am riding.  But I didn't know how it would look and I didn't know if the same cover would fit so I've hesitated to do it.  But now that I've seen the picture of your seat I'm going to do it.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #18 - 08/27/17 at 10:48:04

Divine Proportion = Golden Ratio? I use it building stereo speakers! Cool

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #19 - 08/27/17 at 14:37:27

engineer wrote on 08/27/17 at 09:03:48:
Nice job on that seat, you did a little sculpting that improves appearance and it looks like you were able to use the same cover.   I'm thinking of doing something similar with my seat so that I can slide back just a little more when I am riding.  But I didn't know how it would look and I didn't know if the same cover would fit so I've hesitated to do it.  But now that I've seen the picture of your seat I'm going to do it.

Thanks Engineer  Smiley . There's actually even more room than it looks in the picture. The cover fits pretty well but it does 'float' a touch over the new curve between the front and rear seats. It doesn't show when looking at it but it gives a little when you sit on it.

A couple of other things that might be useful: the seat pan itself is deep so I've actually only left a very thin layer of foam on the rear seat. I don't normally carry a passenger so I wasn't worried about that. However I did take a passenger once on a short ride and she said it was comfortable enough. The same goes for the transition between the seats. The foam is very thin. I was worried about that but have found it all very comfortable.

I'm planning on either making a new seat or modifying a different seat. But this one has worked out well so I'm not in a hurry to do that.

I posted some photos of the work in  progress, in a thread a little while back. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1483651560/15

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:28:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › New brake light and turn signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.