Harvey (Read 292 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Harvey
Reply #15 - 08/27/17 at 22:04:49

Yep. I read an article today talking about all the refineries in Texas have had to go off line and will probably remain so for at least a week. I forget exactly what the percentage was but I believe it was more than 10% of the U.S. refining capacity. Look at the bright side, maybe it is time to buy some Exxon stock, Wink

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 08/28/17 at 10:34:02

Hello everyone. It is Monday about 12:30 p.m. and guess what? It is raining in Houston. I understand water has receded a bit in some places but that we could be in for a rough night as the rains may intensify tonight. I hope not.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #17 - 08/28/17 at 10:55:12

Your photo of the barn really struck with me. I hope everything works out for you and your community. My cousin lost her husband to flooding during Sandy. Don't take any chances. Mother Nature is a
prize fighter.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 08/28/17 at 10:57:21

time to order flotation tires.
hope all is well with y'all.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #19 - 08/28/17 at 11:37:58

I was going to update the barn pictures but the road finally flooded starting a good 200 yards or so from where the barn is. We went by the supermarket but there was a pretty long line waiting to get in and a manager outside the door yelling that the current line is all they can handle and will then close. Luckily we have sufficient grub for a few more days.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 08/28/17 at 11:43:07

time to order flotation tires.     Grin

Perhaps a cheep john boat might be a good investment ?  

Hope all is well with you and yours .  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 08/28/17 at 11:56:20

That looks awful, the full extent of the damage will take a lot of time.

Homes, and their plumbing drain systems will have taken a lot of abuse that they were never intend for.
If on a slab foundation, it could mean concrete removal to make repairs....
I know, I use to be a plumbing contractor before I went to building aircraft.

Septic systems (drain fields) might be rendered no good now, won't perk.
You will have to dig up all the earth in its field and replace.
That soil can not be just dumped anywhere, depending on local codes, it can be listed under hazardous waste, and extremely expensive affair to treat.

Anything having been flooded, all systems, pneumatic, electrical, etc, are now suspect and will have to come with a disclaimer in any future title changes.
I am afraid the cost of this can go on for decades.

Be well, you have your life, that is paramount!  Grin

NOTE: Be careful of "cheap" cars, tools, appliances etc, in the future on Ebay, CL, etc.
Often it is bought in wholesale lots, and made pretty, moved far away from suspect, and dumped where folk don't put two and two together....
Until its too late.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 08/28/17 at 14:56:22

Yep, even sale of all sorts of stuff on eBay after Katrina was crazy for a while.  
Cars and bikes were being offered with "Agressive" discounts to say the least.  A lot of folks got burned badly for not really THINKING through purchases, and inspecting the product before making payment.  Many sellers mysteriously disappeared after the sale.
Power tools are the same, look for where they came from Andy when.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #23 - 08/28/17 at 15:39:20

Are you in the areas that have mandatory evacuation ?

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #24 - 08/28/17 at 18:37:30

Hello. Just got back from exploring. Was hoping to find some eggs and milk but no such luck. I did manage to fill up the gas tank though.

We are not in a mandatory evacuation neighborhood and from what I have seen the storm drains on my street work quite well. There are basically 3 ways to get into my neighborhood, 2 are horrendously flooded. The one that is not flooded gets us to the highway but I know that parts of the highway are flooded both north and south of here.

The rain for the last few hours has been just a light sprinkle, but it is incessant. I have heard that after tonight things will start to improve. I am supposed to go back to work on Wednesday but from what I have seen I am wondering if that will be possible. Who knows though, once the rain lets up maybe the waters will receded quicker than what I imagine.

Anyway, all good here thank God. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #25 - 08/29/17 at 10:03:36

It's still raining. Just got back from my exploratory drive. Things are actually a good bit worse than yesterday, more roads are flooded, could not get nearly as far as yesterday. We are still fine but my heart goes out to those that are suffering losses.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 08/29/17 at 10:55:15

Just mind boggling.....

Yes, I am afraid you guys will have much to do to get back to normal.
I hope blessings come to be known when its all said and done.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #27 - 08/29/17 at 13:23:16

Flooding is expected to continue for quite some time.

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #28 - 08/29/17 at 14:02:15

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #29 - 08/29/17 at 14:25:46

It makes you wonder when you take a drive by the supermarket and across the street you see five cops standing in the parking lot next to their boat and jet ski. Yep, boat and jet ski. One of my friends whose house is closer to the barn I posted finally had his house flood last night/this morning. He and his wife are ok. They managed to get out in his truck, but it was too deep for the other car. I have lived in this house about 25 years and never have I seen anything like this. It is very sad.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 15:27:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Harvey

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.