Flatter seat ! (Read 102 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Flatter seat !
08/25/17 at 21:11:50

Looking for a flatter seat for my newer S40. Anyone recommend something? Wider than 9" also. I can make brackets to fit. Cool

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Re: Flatter seat !
Reply #1 - 08/26/17 at 10:19:58

zipidachimp wrote on 08/25/17 at 21:11:50:
Looking for a flatter seat for my newer S40. Anyone recommend something? Wider than 9" also. I can make brackets to fit. Cool

My problem as well.  I used a lot of very stiff foam rubber held on original seat with gorilla tape to try to come up with some cheap solution.  

Looks goofy now but will be better when covered.  Works lots better.

Someone in my club has suggested an AirHawk seat cover.  I haven't had any experience with it though.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2 - 08/26/17 at 14:15:58

I've looked a lot for seats for this bike. Honestly, there isn't much available. The people who seem to be happiest with the results are the ones who modify the stock seat. I recently moved the rectifier on my bike so I can finally modify the stock seat pan.

The flattest seat I've seen on here was an old style Triumph Bonnie seat that someone modded to fit the bike. It looked pretty good too ... as long as you don't mind a 'Triumph' logo embossed on the back of the seat  Cool

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #3 - 08/26/17 at 16:17:40

the picture we've all seen with the bonnie seat uses the older side rails that turn up and can be used as a partial bracket. I have a bonnie seat but it's 27" long and would have to be cut up to work. I'm gonna ride over to whoever has a seat on CL and try each until I find something that works. Easy enough to remove and try on the spot! Cool
Will keep you posted.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #4 - 08/26/17 at 16:20:49

I think that's the best way Smiley I'm actually heading over to a mate's place in about half an hour to try out his Sporty seat.

I probably won't go that way but I'll give it a look seeing as he offered  Cheesy

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Srotag

Have  Thumper  
  Will  Travel

Wherever it is warm and sunny
Reply #5 - 08/26/17 at 19:41:05

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1423586396/0#0

check mine if a single seat will do for you...still room for a pillon too.

2005 S40 Ridin' on the back of our motorhome...Where we go, so goes Thumper Smiley Smiley
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #6 - 08/26/17 at 20:35:48

Srotag wrote on 08/26/17 at 19:41:05:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1423586396/0#0

check mine if a single seat will do for you...still room for a pillon too.

I actually already have that first photo in my 'inspiration folder' on my computer  Wink

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 08/26/17 at 21:05:18

That looks good! Also, the original LS650 seat without pillion should also work if raised a bit. Cool

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 08/26/17 at 21:46:29

I have always wondered if a sporty seat would fit. Cause once you have one mounted I'm pretty sure they all will fit.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:41:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flatter seat !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.