Bike Lift-Stand (Read 62 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Bike Lift-Stand
08/21/17 at 13:45:14

I picked up a portable bike stand a couple of weeks ago and finally had the chance to use it yesterday. I'm sure others must have seen these but I haven't seen them mentioned here before.

It's basically just a big lever. You set the height of the bar, lie it under the bike, then lean on the handle. As it tilts up, it lifts the bike easily.

I lifted the front to drop the forks to remove the stock turn signal mounts. I was really surprised how stable the bike was up there. There were two of us working on it and we got the job done as it was just sitting on the stand. Of course, we were careful about keeping it in place.

I haven't tried lifting the rear yet. I imagine I'll have to secure the front for that.

The stand is rated to 200 kgs and cost me under $50 new, here in Australia, from a place called Third Gear.

IMG_20170822_063314.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Re: Bike Lift-Stand
Reply #1 - 08/21/17 at 13:46:03

Another angle:

IMG_20170822_063418.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 08/21/17 at 15:04:24

That's cool. Much lighter and easier to store than mine.

I built this to double as a 'work station' as well as what I drive the bike up into to haul it in the back of my pick-up. I can raise the rear wheel safely, but if I need to remove the front wheel I can't use this...Have to resort to hanging the front forks from the roof of the shop with straps  Huh

IMG_20170425_175636.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #3 - 08/22/17 at 06:02:58

For the price, I really like it compared to the wooden style many of us have made.   As mentioned, much easier to store, too. Thanks for sharing!
I do like the long wooden piece under mine with eye bolts to keep the bike tied down when removing wheels.  But I have to back my truck out of the garage to get to it.  I made a smaller one that I keep closer to my work area for things where I'm not as worried about the bike tipping.

speeder_bike_small.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #4 - 08/22/17 at 14:04:09

Hey guys, I really like the ideas with the eyebolts - a self contained unit for holding the bike steady. I will no doubt need to  build something similar at some point.

The main advantage of this little lift I bought is the ease in actually getting the bike off the ground. If I place the stand centrally under the bike's distributed weight, I can actually tilt the bike forward or backward. And it stays pretty stable. So it gives me a way to manoeuvre the bike before I secure it.

And for $50 I thought that was pretty good. I'm very happy with it. ☺

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 15:50:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bike Lift-Stand

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.