Send Topic Print
Photobucket Replacement (Read 96 times)
rich8363

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boynton Beach FL
Photobucket Replacement
07/29/17 at 18:11:04

I found a place to house pictures for web postings.
It's free !!
https://cubeupload.com

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Photobucket Replacement
Reply #1 - 08/03/17 at 07:42:33

Test:

Direct link:

Sharing Link: [imgl]http://cubeupload.com/im/khUzXO.jpg[/img]

So, it looks using the "Direct Link" along with the "Insert Image" option here posts the image. the "Sharing Link" is I guess what you use to email to other people a link.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/03/17 at 13:04:40

Hello Stew. Nice picture. It looks like you have the drag bars same as myself. What windshield is on your bike?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 08/03/17 at 13:27:22

Hey Springman!
Yep, stock 2008 drag bars. Love that style because it reminds me of our old BMX bicycles and I feel best steering as close to the steering tube as possible, like on a mountain bike that has nearly straight bars.

Windshield is the spitfire slipstreamer smoke, but I have cut it down on the top about 2" so the top wasn't directly in my sight line.

Better front view:

18451790_10211056790749705_5728870351020042123_o.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #4 - 08/03/17 at 15:31:56

stewmills wrote on 08/03/17 at 13:27:22:
Windshield is the spitfire slipstreamer smoke, but I have cut it down on the top about 2" so the top wasn't directly in my sight line.

Better front view:

Where did you get that windshield - and what was its cost?
I like it!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/03/17 at 18:24:31

Piedmont.
Search

slipstreamer spitfire windshield

Plenty of information.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 08/03/17 at 18:34:55

Springman is right...they are al over the place. It was on the bike when I bought it but I think they are around $75 new.

If you want to modify it, tape it off to prevent scratches. Cut with a jigsaw using a very fine metal type blade on manageable speed (mine is variable). Polish the final edge with fine sandpaper and you're good to go. As long as you are careful it shouldn't spiderweb or Crack like plexiglass will.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 08/04/17 at 10:35:34

Thanks Stew. I thought is was the spitfire. I've been eyeing it for a long time but Art had indicated that it would not fit if you have the drag bars, only on the buckhorn bars. Maybe I will send away for one of these now as they are available on both eBay and amazon for for $60-$70 or so. It looks really good.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 08/04/17 at 11:44:03

Not sure what fitment issues he was having.  Fits good on mine. This photo isn't really clear, but you can see the windshield clamps abutted to the outside of both handlebar clamps. They are actually the anodized grey metal pieces under the black strap for my handlebar bag.

There is just barely enough room for the clamps width wise because the of the bend in the bar so maybe he felt that was too tight of a fit?  I've had no issues in 5+ years.

A couple of recommendations:
1) I put a run of electrical tape on the bars before I clamped the windshield clamp on to maybe absorb any vibration and as well minimize any scarring of the bars once I clamped them down since it does 'touch' the inside bend in the bar (about 1mm  Wink)

2) It comes with these wing nut type screws for the clamps. Works great for quick release but they protrude and get in the way of my handlebar bag. I went to ACE and got the same thread allen set screws the right length so now they are flush in the clamp and I just keep an allen wrench in my tool kit in case I ever need to remove it on the road.  You can see a brief clip of the hardware here: https://youtu.be/6uR6DAROyVs?t=250

3) Once I played around with the fitment and knew I had it where it would always be I marked the support rods at the bottom of the clamp and cut them off.  Removed about 1.5" of extra rod that stuck down and wasn't needed for anything. If you get the black hardware, any knicks and scrapes are quickly dressed up with a black sharpie  Cool

IMG_20170428_100137_11.png

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:29:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Photobucket Replacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.