Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Recommended torque for the exhaust bolts to the cy (Read 152 times)
DavidV
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Recommended torque for the exhaust bolts to th
Reply #15 - 08/03/17 at 05:43:46

Awww.....no. Since there is no mention of copper or stainless steel on the bottle, I assume I used the aluminum. "Advanced Formula....resists temperature to 1600 degrees...."

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Re: Recommended torque for the exhaust bolts to th
Reply #16 - 08/03/17 at 15:14:14

DavidV wrote on 08/03/17 at 05:43:46:
Awww.....no. Since there is no mention of copper or stainless steel on the bottle, I assume I used the aluminum. "Advanced Formula....resists temperature to 1600 degrees...."

I need to correct my previous suggestion.  Anti-Seize comes in 3 types:  1) aluminum for general, non-heat situations. Silver in color, and it is the most used. 2) Copper, for situations where a higher temp is needed.  It is copper colored, and 3) Nickel (earlier I had mistakenly said stainless, but nickel is what it is - my bad!), which is the preferred compound for high heat situation such as exhaust ports, etc.  It is also silver in color.

Nickel, of course, is the most expensive, but I have found, that one bottle will last a lifetime!  Well worth it!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:22:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Recommended torque for the exhaust bolts to the cy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.