Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Form a line and be quiet (Read 49 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Form a line and be quiet
07/29/17 at 08:28:09

Society is ever more, over time, a mass concept. It extols obedience to rules that hem in the individual. Society’s leaders, through illegal dictum, deception, and force, define a space in which all life is supposed to occur. That is the “safe zone.”  (*)Within it, a person may act with impunity. Outside that space, protection is removed. The protection racket no long applies.

(*)  That safe space has changed over the years. And society is a lesser thing because of that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Form a line and be quiet
Reply #1 - 07/29/17 at 13:59:26

There have been times and places where you were property, and had to get permission to move, change jobs, etc.  Like all human endeavor, it seem to swing. Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/29/17 at 14:33:14

Is that what that is about?
Or is it about pressures to cause people to conform?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 07/29/17 at 17:59:27

35 Years ago, standing in line for my  Wife’s Church,  Breakfast.
Many people their, I knew and talked to most of them.

Then the, ‘’line’, getting closer,   A ’New’,  Couple, behind us, (said they just moved out from the City), started a conversation, and then mentioned they were new to the area, and they liked, ‘Golf’.   I Mentioned where all the local clubs/grounds were.  It was a pleasant  conversation.

Until,   I was asked, ‘what do you do’,   when I said:  ‘I own the, local, ‘Gun Shop”.
They BOTH   Turned  AWAY, and  Never Spoke to me Again !

(Don’t care of they ‘like’ guns or not)

But sure showed a  LOT, of  TOLERANCE, their part.
 This was 1982.

So, Did they come from a place/environment, that to, ‘Conform’, was important ?
Did they not understand, what, ‘environment’, they just moved to ?
Did they believe, THEY, were going to, ‘Conform’,  everybody around them,
    to, ‘Conform’,  to their beliefs ?

They, moved back to the, ‘City’, less than a year later.

However, just as, they may have been the, 'Scouts",
 Many  MORE, have moved in, and  Worked, Very  HARD, to,  'Conform' the, existing people, to do,   'EXACTLY' what, 'THEY' 'Say.

In the last 35 years.
Some towns it has, succeeded,  some have not.
( Guess which ones is it.  It is the ones,  where the Elected Councils, have  LINED THEIR POCKETS, with the  REST of the peoples  MONEY)

So, who, is willing to,  'STAND  UP',
and who just want's the:  "Pizza/Beer/TV -RE-RUNS",
and wants to, LAY  Down ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 07/31/17 at 08:21:05

Guns are always a hot button topic.  If you served in the military, you know something about them.  If you grew up in a rural environment, chances are you went plinking with your buds growing up.  We did in suburbia.  First the bb gun, then the 22.  If you wanted wore, usually by that time you went into the service.  
I suspect urban folks have a different history.  People getting shot(and killed) about 1 day in a city of 300,00 or so.  Very few long rifles.  
Fast forward to automatic 10 rds or more.  These are not for hunting, nor for target practice.  They are for killing (fairly indiscriminantly) fellow humans.  They are weapons.
The Constitutional Right to bear arms was so enumerated so that government cannot run rampant over the individual as King George et al had been doing, thus the need for militias..  
Pick your position or pick your poison, but intolerance is bitter. Shocked

(ps ) I do not like automatic weapons around, nor am I a big fan of pistols but then I live in relatively safe suburbs.  I fire expert with M-16'.
pps.)
M-60 machine gunner was my bunkerline job in Vietnam, and am good with grenade launchers and law rockets (that should date me). Do NOT have any of these in my home, but now and then wished I did, like when the 19 yr old sreaches by in his very loud super car. Grin Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 07/31/17 at 09:08:43

My thought is simply this, man will always heed to power.

I do not own any weapons, yet, I think they serve a purpose beyond hunting.
Why do the rich and powerful have armed bodyguards?
A deterrent.
It will not stop an attack, but it can change the outcome.
Those folks who would use a weapon in a crime, just by the fact they use it, have already revealed they are weak, scared person.
If more folks carried, and it became a more common occurrence that these perps died in these altercations, eventually they would fade away to a point of being much more rare.
That is the nature of folks who exhibit such a nature.
Bullies are acting out because of a inferiority issue.

It is not a perfect fix, by a long shot.....(pun not intended)
But neither is man, perfect, even tho the libs think they are (pun intended)  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 07/31/17 at 12:25:24

I will stand up , I will drink pizza , I will eat beer , I will watch reruns , but I will never lay down , I will not conform !

You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 07/31/17 at 12:30:05

[quote author=486E756C6C7D741C0 link=1501342089/0#4  date=1501514465]Guns are always a hot button topic.  If you served in the military, you know something about them.  If you grew up in a rural environment, chances are you went plinking with your buds growing up.  We did in suburbia.  First the bb gun, then the 22.  If you wanted wore, usually by that time you went into the service.  I suspect urban folks have a different history.  People getting shot(and killed) about 1 day in a city of 300,00 or so.  Very few long rifles.  Fast forward to automatic 10 rds or more.  These are not for hunting, nor for target practice.  They are for killing (fairly indiscriminantly) fellow humans.  They are weapons. The Constitutional Right to bear arms was so enumerated so that government cannot run rampant over the individual as King George et al had been doing, thus the need for militias..   Pick your position or pick your poison, but intolerance is bitter. Shocked  (ps ) I do not like automatic weapons around, nor am I a big fan of pistols but then I live in relatively safe suburbs.  I fire expert with M-16'. pps.)  M-60 machine gunner was my bunkerline job in Vietnam, and am good with grenade launchers and law rockets (that should date me). Do NOT have any of these in my home, but now and then wished I did, like when the 19 yr old sreaches by in his very loud super car. Grin Grin [/quote]

The base of my post was,
‘Confirm’. The Snowflake couple, came from the City, no doubt grew up with no experience with  a firearm, and were totally un-willing to, ‘Learn’.  They, (I believe), that they believed, they could sway, everyone else, to Their POV.
Also I believe they left, when they found out, they could not be successful in changing a POV, in that area.

But More came, then more, then more.
And again, instead of, ‘Learning’, about something.
But, Just saying:  “You Will Do, This/That”.  
Ends up as a natural, ‘push back’ to those Ideas.
Where if they, wanted to, ‘Learn’, about firearms, they would have found  MOST, locals willing to help them.
Then,  ideas, from both sided, could be discussed.

Does one take their new, ’Super-Duper’, firearm,
to a  LGBT  gathering to show it off ?
Or does one take it to a Gun Club?

We ALL, enjoy, a group of people, of like minds.

NO  way, would ANYBODY,  take a firearm, to a group of people, who do Not like  Firearms, and say:   ‘You  Must  Have One”.
Yet, that group,  believes it is perfectly all right to say:  ‘You Must,  NOT,  Have one”.

“… If you served in the military, you know something about them…”

That statement is,  ‘Partly’, True.
If you had no knowledge, of firearms, Before, one went to, ‘War’.
The, knowledge, boot camp/training, was all about the, 'ONE’ that was  Issued to you.
And, if your,  ‘job’,  changed, and you were issued another firearm.
     You had to do the, Training on the new one.
Being in the  Military, does  NOT, guarantee, a person knows about firearms.
  A 12 year old who has the willingness to learn,  could qualify, as, ‘Expert’, on a M-16, with a week of training.
(Never mind, that a civilian can not, have one, unless they have, POCKETS, full of money, and are willing to jump through, all sorts of hoops,  including, Finger Printing, and  ’several’, (Yes  Plural),  backgrounds checks, and willing to wait, a  YEAR  or more until they are approved, Oh, and 21 or older)
They can get a, AR-15,  (or a variant).
              Because it is a  COMPLETELY different firearm.

Just, being, a Policeman/Woman, who has, (supposedly), training on a certain kind of Firearm,
Their are probably 75%, of, ‘Civilians’, who’s hobby is  ‘Firearms’, and Use a Firearm, and Shoot a  Firearm, who have More,  SKILL and  Knowledge, and could  Easily, out shoot, a Police/Military, person.

The rest of the Points, are just;
  TOTAL,   ’Sara Brady’ style,  rhetoric, LIES.

And Especially, the references to,  ‘Automatic’.
Total   ‘Fear’  factor, in swaying a  POV.

Even, the very, ‘rudimentary’, knowledge, about a  ‘Automatic’, and a, ’Semi-Auto',  are known by the vast  Majority of people that use Firearms.  And what are the Laws, What one can own, what paper work and checks required, etc., etc., etc.

(Hard to find a, factual answer, because these are all estimate, of number of rounds. yet these are the most quoted numbers)
   Rounds fired, per enemy dispatched.
Would War II, 25,000
Korean War,  100,000
 Vietnam War,  200,000 rounds
    Today, in the M.E. area, 250,000

(“Spray   and  Pray”,  does NOT   work !)
And using that analogy, in a Civilian world,  
      to make people,  ‘FEAR’ a  Firearm or a Owner of one.
Where  98%, of  Firearms, are,  NOT,  ‘weapons’,
simply because they, have NOT, or never will, be used as one.
(They are used in Competitions, Hunting, Sport, Plinking)
  Just  does  NOT,  work !

Defense, (by a  Citizen),  A-Yep, that is, in the 2%, of all Firearms, that are in This  Country.

Well, except, the ones that, Obama/Holder,  
gave out like,    Santa gives out candy canes.
          To,   CRIMINALS.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:51:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Form a line and be quiet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.