Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jetting for mile high elevation in Butte vs Portla (Read 61 times)
DeadKings
YaBB Newbies

Single Thumper Fan

Portland Oregon
Jetting for mile high elevation in Butte vs Portla
07/27/17 at 11:00:42

Rejetting for Butte Montana.... I just rode from Portland Oregon. To Butte Montana . Bike did great till I got to the higher elevation . I'm still running a157.5 main and 55 pilot . Just got a 155. And 152.5 main jet at Suzuki dealer here in Butte but I couldn't find any pilots . I plan to try the 155 out first because I can adjust the carb out to make it run ok now  with out changing jets . Any recommendations ? Was gonna just trial and error it but . Would prefer to take advantage of you the collective experience here . Thanks let me know .....
Dead Kings

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Jetting for mile high elevation in Butte vs Po
Reply #1 - 07/27/17 at 12:34:41

Are you running the stock air cleaner.....what kind of muffler?

Those jets are huge....even for sea level!

Most folks at sea level can use the #50 or #52.5 pilot, and a #150 main.  Go higher and you can start to use smaller jets.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/27/17 at 13:46:45

DeadKings wrote on 03/23/17 at 11:26:04:
Just sent out for my Kawi pulley and a cam chain tensioner for my 99 . Did the tensioner swap yesterday on the  86 .  Also added quick release pins and  a lollipop to my single baffle exhaust . Seems to idle better getting ready to go test ride it now .  But I noticed in putting together my 99  that even though I made a parts list I still forgot stuff .  Where is the best place to get parts? Just eBay ? . I need a exhaust gasket X2, exhaust bolts( snapped one)     , clutch cover gasket X2 , plus the clutch cover bolt oil washers  I lost two   , tank mounts rubbers X2 (the silly things that the tank slides on too ). I'm really looking to get quality parts not cheap ones I've had a few disappointments with eBay .( 2 crappy clutch cover gaskets    an exhaust gasket . And a  front brake light switch that said it was for my 86 but clearly is not ) ok anyways guys please let me know
Thanks DeadKings

155 is normal for an '86 although the pilot is quite large.

I'd go with stock jets as a 1st guess.  But smaller is possible.

Quote:
Elevation[1]      5,538 ft

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 07/27/17 at 14:08:17

I keep forgetting that the 86 had weird jetting compared to later bikes.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
DeadKings
YaBB Newbies

Single Thumper Fan

Portland Oregon
Reply #4 - 07/31/17 at 12:30:37

Found a 155 and  a152  main in Butte . I could not find any pilots . Bike runs way better with  the 155 . Was a lil poppy coming over the Continental divide at 6600 or so feet. on the way to Helena to get my tire swapped out . Montana back roads ate up my rear tire but it was so much fun . Wish I knew a person with a shop here so i could just do it myself.   Sorry my response to the is slow but I just broke 20000 on the 86 and I've been riding all over Montana sadly I gotta ride back to Portland tomorrow . Thanks for all the help will probably be replying agian when I get back home to get this thing dialed in agian . You all rock ...... DeadKings

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/31/17 at 17:46:50

No amount of jetting will keep you from being up to your Butte in snow.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:35:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jetting for mile high elevation in Butte vs Portla

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.