justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Night riding
Reply #15 - 07/31/17 at 07:28:19

Synchronized zigging.
One of them should have zagged.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Friedl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/31/17 at 11:24:44

My instructor actually told me to ride through deer. Seems insane, but she said that you'll go through it. I don't intend to try.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 07/31/17 at 13:05:44

Probably the same idea as NASCAR drivers aiming at the wreck. It's not gonna sit still..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #18 - 08/01/17 at 08:40:51

Friedl wrote on 07/31/17 at 11:24:44:
My instructor actually told me to ride through deer. Seems insane, but she said that you'll go through it. I don't intend to try.

That's why I am 2-0.  I didn't have time to react either time.

First time was a doe that came out of the woods on my left.  I saw it just before it ran into my leg and pounded it into the tank.  She went down, I kept going.  By the time I got stopped and turned around, she was getting up shaking her head.  I headed back, she took off into the woods.

Second time, a fawn came out of a ditch on my right.  I had just enough time to think "Don't do anything".  Hit it right in the middle, knocked it down, ran it over.   Got turned around.  The poor thing was just lying there.. barely breathing.  I picked it up to take it to some shade.  Died before I got there.   It was .. sad.   :'(
I was amazed at how light it was for it's size.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #19 - 08/01/17 at 08:59:05

youzguyz wrote on 08/01/17 at 08:40:51:
First time was a doe that came out of the woods on my left.  I saw it just before it ran into my leg and pounded it into the tank.  She went down, I kept going.  By the time I got stopped and turned around, she was getting up shaking her head.  I headed back, she took off into the woods.

Ditto for me on the Ninja last winter on a back country road going about 55mph, but I never saw it until it brushed by my helmet. Cracked front fender, cracked faring, sheared off my right foot peg (squished the crap out of my foot but my boot saved me). I didn't stop. Kept going to a safe lighted spot a couple of miles down the road to inspect the bike (and my underwear) to make sure I could get home. Other than the little cosmetics, bike was fine.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:31:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Night riding

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.