Librandi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bradenton, Fl
Re: stalls and surgres
Reply #15 - 08/12/17 at 11:29:38

Yup Put in a Raptor.

Went to a test run today. and I had forgotten how good it feels to ride a bike that is not sputtering and spurting. I was ready for a divorce but now want a second honeymoon.  I think the idle maybe a little low still but opposite of that OH BABY!!!
Thanks everyone. Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: stalls and surgres
Reply #16 - 08/12/17 at 13:57:23

Low idle is easily resolved, and it can sure be a problem. Mine Would idle low until it's warmed up, but I keep it up with the throttle. It's not a big deal if it drops below the recommended 1,100ish RPM, just don't wanna let it stay there long enough to let the top end start losing the film.
Idling with it on the sidestand robs the cam of oil , even IF it's spinning over at the right RPM.

and I had forgotten how good it feels to ride a bike that is not sputtering and spurting. I was ready for a divorce but now want a second honeymoon..

Interesting choice of words.  Until I saw honeymoon I was willing to shrug it off. Now I'm thinking it was more of a Freudian slip..  It's good to see someone Really Like riding.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:27:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › stalls and surgres

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.