Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Trip to Suches GA?
07/24/17 at 08:00:41

Is there any interest in a trip to Suches GA yet this summer/fall?

The location is closer to MMRanch and Stemills - about 2 hours more driving for me.  The camping is $15 a tent and 1 occupant - $7 each for more tenants.  We could easily spend a few days riding the area, and the roads look to be a lot of fun.  We sampled a bit of 129 and Wolf Pen Ga, and they would have been a lot of fun if it hadn't rained on them and turned them slippery!

http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Trip to Suches GA?
Reply #1 - 07/24/17 at 10:33:22

I'm game so long as I can sneak away and not get in trouble. Considering the distance and other things I am trying to squeeze in, I might be committed for a single riding day...arriving super early, riding all day, and going back home that night.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 07/25/17 at 18:00:39

We talking about a fall color cruse ?   If the date is not taken on my calander , then I'm game.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 07/28/17 at 18:34:29

Guys, say some dates ..... I have noted two (2) too many good trips "done gone away" this year alone because the proposers simply don't take the next step (the dates) in the process.

Trips with no dates tend to get treated as vague feeler proposals, ones with hard dates get treated as sign ups by interested people.

Example, me.    During the school year time off has to be done way in advance and fought for in some cases.   There is a calendar with blacked out weekends to deal with .... I need dates to even start the thing moving forward.

Or, if you can say the month I can tell you which weekends are blacked out already (and yeah, they can black them out at any time, it's their campus).   Getting vacation days locked into the Paycom system early helps with this, as once approved they become holy.

« Last Edit: 07/29/17 at 02:09:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 07/29/17 at 16:55:50

I'll bet the first weekend of Oct. the leaves will be changing but maybe not dropping yet ?

or  

Sept 20-23 (Wednesday.-Sunday)
Sept 27-30 (  "                  "       )
Oct.    4- 7 (  "                   "      )

Gentlemen , Its true ! " Retirement Life is GREAT ! "   Cool

Sad part is ... I might have to go to a lighter bike in another 15 - 20 years !  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 07/30/17 at 11:44:02

They haven't blacked out the football game weekends yet -- must be waiting for a schedule from the Athletics Dept.  

Strike now and I can get them approved before they even get blacked out.

This one I will trailer in the Savage to keep from getting all banged up by the big bike dragging the frame all the time.

« Last Edit: 07/30/17 at 20:04:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 07/30/17 at 13:36:36

What if we put the last week of Sept. ?  Then if weather goes astray we default to the first week of Oct. ?  Undecided

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #7 - 07/30/17 at 19:47:42

That seems like a plan with a backup plan.

Now narrow it down and state the days .....  Dave likes arrive on Thursday, leave on Sunday at the moment.

Primary days Oct 5-8

Backup plan days Oct 12-15

This gives a week or three between your farm and this trip --- and gives something concrete to consider more deeply.

Example:  I have a urological appointment the last week in September and that is very close following on to your farm trip anyway.   So I rolled the proposed trip to the first weekend in October to fix it.

Now that we  have something to respond to, we wait for the rest of the guys to have likes/dislikes and I will go act now to nail down the weekends mentioned, both of them.

Stew isn't coming but for just a day or so and he is bringing the big tent, so let's see what he is going to prefer .....  we may be just doing a quick trip to match him unless Dave can bring his bigger tent.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 07/30/17 at 21:36:27

Dates are ok for me at this point. To keep peace with the wifey and considering the 3.5 hour drive to get there my plan is to probably come for Saturday. Get up super early and get there in time to unload the bike and take off for the day's ride. Ride until we're done and then load up and head home. Which means...if I don't stay I won't be providing any shelter...

There is a chance wifey may take a continuing ed class sometime this fall so I could get lucky and have a surprise free weekend if it is somewhere that isn't convenient for me to accompany here, but those classes and decisions to go are usually last minute and no way I can make plans in advance associated with her classes.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 07/31/17 at 03:35:55

So, we are sleeping 2-3 people and that says middle sized tent.    

I betcha Dave opts for his white sided TajMahal so either MM or Dave can bring the middle sized tent.   MM's or Dave's middle sized tent can hold two air mattresses with a entry strip down the middle.   My small tent will barely hold one air mattress .....    Tongue

Stew, tell us if you get "weekend lucky", we are getting better and better at that flexible planning thang.

« Last Edit: 07/31/17 at 05:53:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 07/31/17 at 09:36:56

Yea , My biggest tent is a 8'x10'x72" , door on both sides.  

I've got a commitment on Oct. 14th  , but might wiggle out of it if necessary.

I'm not looking at the V9 no more , the seat is too short for a "WeBike" and I don't want to replace the Savage "MeBike".

piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #11 - 07/31/17 at 14:55:17

I am interested, but have zero experience with any of this sort of thing.  I have been to meets, but only for the day and rode back home.

This place is fairly close by (110 miles) for me.  Do I need my own tent?  What else would I need.  And how long - just a weekend?

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #12 - 07/31/17 at 19:41:08

You need an air mattress, pillow and a sleeping bag.

As we develop a full head count we need to get the tenting aspect covered.    We got the needed tents in the group, we just need to sweat the details.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 07/31/17 at 20:39:31

Yea Buckeye ,  I've lost count of the # of years we've been doing this stuff ... its just FUN !    

OldFeller  , use-to  run-off and leave us     so bad ... But he'd always wait-up at the next intersection ... or show-up behind us to   run-off and leave us   again !  Grin

Dave and or OldFeller are really good at the details , and we take turns leading (some more or less LAW Abiding than others  Roll Eyes )   But only One of us has ever gotten pulled over ...  Huh

Wait a minute .... OLdFeller still    Runs off and leaves us !  Embarrassed  

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 07/31/17 at 20:51:07

you need to borrow beast?
he jumps up and bites him in the a$$ when passes.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:25:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Trip to Suches GA?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.