Send Topic Print
No Surprise Really (Read 38 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

No Surprise Really
07/13/17 at 09:23:27

This is no surprise.  Even though Congress is chock full of "conservatives" they STILL increase the deficit... smh

http://www.yahoo.com/news/cbo-trumps-budget-doesnt-balance-federal-ledger-151...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: No Surprise Really
Reply #1 - 07/13/17 at 10:13:40

T And T Garage wrote on 07/13/17 at 09:23:27:
This is no surprise.  Even though Congress is chock full of "conservatives" they STILL increase the deficit... smh

http://www.yahoo.com/news/cbo-trumps-budget-doesnt-balance-federal-ledger-151...

Tell me, I've asked, yet...... you just offer nothing in your own words.

How would a progressive party govern and avoid this deficit issue?

I am assuming, since you took the time to post about it, you disagree with spending money that we don't have, yes, to govern?  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/13/17 at 10:54:02

raydawg wrote on 07/13/17 at 10:13:40:
T And T Garage wrote on 07/13/17 at 09:23:27:

Tell me, I've asked, yet...... you just offer nothing in your own words.

How would a progressive party govern and avoid this deficit issue?

I'm not certain that it could - it's somewhat folly to try (to have a balanced budget amendment).  In some respects, our debt is necessary.  I think that a progressive agenda could go a long way to minimizing the deficit.  Sorry to break this to you, but the last time we had a surplus was with Bill....
IMHO, as only a start, a progressive agenda would re-enact some of the tax laws of the past.  We had marginal tax rates in the 50's of 90%!  Not that we would go back to that - but we should keep it real and have the burden spread across fairly.  Corporations would need to pay their fair share as they did in the past.  End all corporate welfare.  Not allow repatriation of cash from overseas companies.

I am assuming, since you took the time to post about it, you disagree with spending money that we don't have, yes, to govern?  

As I stated, debt, is somewhat necessary.  It's the world we live in.  But I wouldn't go as far (as dubya's administration) and say "deficits don't matter".

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 07/13/17 at 11:04:47

Sorry to break this to you, but the last time we had a surplus was with Bill....

Yeah, that darn Contract ON America.......  Roll Eyes

Then again, I don't understand the intent of your original post, if as you say, deficits are a necessary part of governing?

Oh, never-mind, I just thought of  something.....
How a fat slob sets in front of his TV watching sports and swilling beers, that he bought with his welfare check.
His kids come and set down too, to watch......
He looks at them as ask, 'What in the FRUCK are you doing?"

"You should be out doing something productive, earning your keep, not wasting your time watching TV.......JESUS, WHAT KIND OF KIDS HAVE I RAISED ???????"

Hey, thanks buddy, I learnt sumtin today just watching you post, I'm indebted   Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/13/17 at 11:30:42

raydawg wrote on 07/13/17 at 11:04:47:
Sorry to break this to you, but the last time we had a surplus was with Bill....

Yeah, that darn Contract ON America.......  Roll Eyes

Then again, I don't understand the intent of your original post, if as you say, deficits are a necessary part of governing?

Oh, never-mind, I just thought of  something.....
How a fat slob sets in front of his TV watching sports and swilling beers, that he bought with his welfare check.
His kids come and set down too, to watch......
He looks at them as ask, 'What in the FRUCK are you doing?"

"You should be out doing something productive, earning your keep, not wasting your time watching TV.......JESUS, WHAT KIND OF KIDS HAVE I RAISED ???????"

Hey, thanks buddy, I learnt sumtin today just watching you post, I'm indebted   Kiss

Huh?  Um, could you be more vague???

Perhaps I should have explained it better.....

You see ray - the republicans are the ones that tout themselves as "fiscally conservative", aren't they?

And they're also the ones that accuse those "crazy dems" of just wanting to tax and spend, right?

So tell me - what does it say about the repubs that can't formulate a balanced budget?  Their pinnacle republican, Ronald, tripled the debt.  dubya doubled it....

It's just more hypocrisy that they refuse to accept.

THAT'S the point of my original post.

Do you get it now?

You need to work on studying subtext.

Oh, by the way - terrible analogy on your part.  We all know that people on welfare do drugs... right?   <<<sarcasm

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 07/13/17 at 11:58:40

You see ray - the republicans are the ones that tout themselves as "fiscally conservative", aren't they?

Oh, like how liberals say they are tolerant, and practice tolerance, gotcha.

And they're also the ones that accuse those "crazy dems" of just wanting to tax and spend, right?

oh yeah, like all those conservatives are religious zealots, according to Bot..... gotcha!

So tell me - what does it say about the repubs that can't formulate a balanced budget?  Their pinnacle republican, Ronald, tripled the debt.  dubya doubled it....

yeah, they really are liberals in sheep clothing then, yes!

Do you get it now?

Oh, by the way - terrible analogy on your part.  We all know that people on welfare do drugs... right?

, yeah, don't you just hate those people who label all their opposition under one size fits all..... jerks

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/13/17 at 12:06:59

raydawg wrote on 07/13/17 at 11:58:40:

Oh, like how liberals say they are tolerant, and practice tolerance, gotcha.

Well, they are - more than the cons anyway....

oh yeah, like all those conservatives are religious zealots, according to Bot..... gotcha!

More of them are than dems... sad really.

yeah, they really are liberals in sheep clothing then, yes!

That's the point I make - they're steeped in hypocrisy.  Thanks for agreeing.

Do you get it now?

Oh, by the way - terrible analogy on your part.  We all know that people on welfare do drugs... right?

, yeah, don't you just hate those people who label all their opposition under one size fits all..... jerks

I agree.  I think people that do that are jerks.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 07/13/17 at 12:37:06

Self hate?

They have books in how to find self esteem.
Most of the negativity one has in their life is self inflicted.
One of the signs of depression is negativity based outlook.
It becomes a toxin in ones own head.
If you find what others do as a trigger, put the gun down before you shoot yourself in the head......

You are welcome.

Next patient please.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/13/17 at 12:44:55

raydawg wrote on 07/13/17 at 12:37:06:

Self hate?

No, why do you say that?  Are insinuating something?

They have books in how to find self esteem.
Most of the negativity one has in their life is self inflicted.
One of the signs of depression is negativity based outlook.
It becomes a toxin in ones own head.
If you find what others do as a trigger, put the gun down before you shoot yourself in the head......

You are welcome.

Next patient please.

Thanks for your "concern" but I'm a pretty happy guy.  I'm way too fat, but other than that, I'm pretty good.  I like me!

However, I think there are others on this board who would do well from your advice.  I won't mention any names.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/13/17 at 12:51:58

Now, before this thread gets off track, isn't it a shame that our president's first budget increases the deficit?

Anyone?......

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 07/13/17 at 13:21:33

Yes, could you live indefinitely where you spend more than you make?

How do you figure out where to cut, withhold, shrink, the budget?

Who assigns stuff like, " They just want you to die, that is why they want to cut the program/ budget, etc?"

You want a hint?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/13/17 at 13:35:52

raydawg wrote on 07/13/17 at 13:21:33:
Yes, could you live indefinitely where you spend more than you make?

That's where we've been for a long, long time in this country.  Maintaining debt is different than deficits though.  I think the best we can hope for is to have zero deficits and chip away at the debt.

How do you figure out where to cut, withhold, shrink, the budget?

Cutting waste.  There's a lot to cut.  Not just in the outrageous military budgets, but yes, even in some social programs.

Who assigns stuff like, " They just want you to die, that is why they want to cut the program/ budget, etc?"

That's rhetoric.  But to just cut programs with no regard to what might happen - then yes, people could die.  If you pull ACA right now, there will be thousands that will be denied care for a pre-existing condition.  In turn, they won't be able to afford insurance - hence, they actually might die.

You want a hint?

Hmm... I'm guessing you're gonna say... dems?  Maybe progressives?...

But please... feel free.  All I can offer is my opinion.... you seem to think you have the answers, so....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 07/13/17 at 17:27:14

You guess wrong.....

Try aristocrats

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:53:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No Surprise Really

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.