Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shinko Tires and AGM batteries.... (Read 70 times)
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shinko Tires and AGM batteries....
07/12/17 at 11:43:57

After reading the positive comments on Shinko tires here, I ordered a set for my ladyfriend's '07 Yamaha Majesty 400cc maxi-scooter. The price was right, $92, free shipping, from American MotoTire. The tires are pretty fresh, too - the older of the two was manufactured Dec 2016.

Oddly enough, neither tire had a "light-spot-dot," so I had to do some experimenting to get the static balance right. Do the Shinko's for our S40's have the dot?

Second, the scooter's battery seems a bit weak, so have a new AGM battery on order. Do y'all recommend charging an AGM before installation? Thus far, all my bikes have had flooded cell batteries.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Shinko Tires and AGM batteries....
Reply #1 - 07/12/17 at 12:03:03

If the AGM battery comes dry and you have to add the acid....then you have to charge it with 2 amp maximum rate charger.....I believe you have to wait a while after adding the acid - follow the instructions that come with it.

If the battery comes activated......it wouldn't hurt to put it on a tender or charger - but it may not be necessary.

If I remember correctly....the Shinko motorcycle tires had a dot.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/12/17 at 12:24:15

My voltmeter tells me if it needs charged.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/12/17 at 12:39:01

Thanks, Dave,

The "no dot" wasn't a huge deal, but did cost me some time, deflating/breaking bead/rotating on rim. Btw, since scooter didn't have a rear axle like a motorcycle,  couldn't use my homemade skateboard-bearing balancer. The Harb Freight stand with the centering cones worked well, though, and only about $33 + tax with a 20% off coupon.

Product description for the new AGM didn't mention if it was already filled. Will keep your advice in mind.

P.S. my Battery Tender is the 1.25-amp model...manual, "steady-state" charger is 1-amp.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/12/17 at 12:45:55

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:20:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shinko Tires and AGM batteries....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.