Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Looking at healthcare..... (Read 165 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Looking at healthcare.....
07/11/17 at 11:50:39

I might need to get my wife some if I retire, so i have been looking into it.

What a scam, all the plans require so much more out of pocket cost to kick in, WTF?

Anybody got any leads for me?

Seems you can be poor, and win, have any assets, etc, sorry chump, you pay.

Please constructive input only.
All the talking points, etc, please DO NOT reply, thank you.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Looking at healthcare.....
Reply #1 - 07/11/17 at 12:16:02

raydawg wrote on 07/11/17 at 11:50:39:
I might need to get my wife some if I retire, so i have been looking into it.

What a scam, all the plans require so much more out of pocket cost to kick in, WTF?

Anybody got any leads for me?

Seems you can be poor, and win, have any assets, etc, sorry chump, you pay.

Please constructive input only.
All the talking points, etc, please DO NOT reply, thank you.

Yep - insurance is much more complicated than people think (spoken like our "great" leader... sorry, no more snark.)

Are you going through the ACA site for your state?

If you're retiring, wouldn't that allow you to get more benefits (reduced rates) via ACA?

Can medicare play a part?

You've been paying in all these years, hit up every government avenue you can to get more info/support.  

In my state (IL), the exchanges are set up pretty well.  Every year at open enrollment, I go through the exercise of getting an estimate based on my income.  What's offered through ACA is a few dollars more per month than what I pay through my company.

That being said, the plan I select has all the comparable deductibles and caps that my work plan has - however, wellness checks through the ACA have no co-pay/visit, whereas my current plan has a $15/visit.  Not really a big deal.

So much for my experience.  Yours will obviously vary.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 07/11/17 at 12:48:46

I have no issues with myself, it's covering my wife for a few years until she can get into the system.
I have checked all the state recommendations sites, etc, and in my circumstances, as far as I can tell, not much.
I would like a HSA, and then purchase a catastrophic issuance where it kicks in when you reach a certain threshold.
I could put thousands in a year, if it was tax free....
Right now it's only employer based and they get credit I believe.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 07/12/17 at 08:32:00

be careful with those HSA's, some are per year and don't carry over.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/14/17 at 13:06:22

Any luck?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 07/14/17 at 17:14:46

T And T Garage wrote on 07/14/17 at 13:06:22:
Any luck?

Nothing yet, I could take a leave of absence from work, not sure how far out they would let me e tend it.... 6 months, maybe, a year would be great.
I would have to retire at the end of it, and I would earn I income, but I would only have to pay my 140 bucks a month for my current healthcare package.
It would help NOT having any income, as we get heavy on taxes now.

Also saw where Cruz was suggesting a pre tax purchase HSA program.
That would work.
The one my wife has now is accumulating, does not end at years end, but grows. It doesn't generate any interest tho on unused balances...
That's ok, if it offsets cost

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/18/17 at 07:40:29

Well, given the failure of the latest bill in the house - I'll address the elephant in the room on this particular thread...

I'm honestly not sure where you stand on medicare for all, but if that were instituted, you wouldn't be having this conversation right now.  Your wife would be covered at a bare minimum and your stress would be less.

How can any of the cons on this board look at your situation and say to themselves "yeah, we need to do less for people - especially those who are older" - because that's exactly what this current cluster-f of a bill is saying.

I hate to tell you ray - but if they pull ACA completely - you're screwed.  I hope you know that and are ready to pay through the proverbial butt-hole for insurance.

I'm not saying ACA is perfect.  But what the loonies on the right are proposing is literally a death sentence to many.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 07/18/17 at 09:07:48

What use to work before all of this?

Seems too many folks are trying to get rich off of medicine perhaps.
Why does it cost so much money to become a doctor?
Seems we could treat medicine like we do other social services perhaps.
Why can't we have a system like pretty much everything else is in this country.......
One that provides basic services, not breast implants, etc, but basic coverage and ER care.
Then private coverage at a cost for those who want it, AND, can afford it?
Seems trying to address the issue with one size fits all under the banner of fairness, isn't going to work.
Give those on the "bottom" a chance, however, to better themselves through school, etc, IF.....they will only apply themselves.

I am not talking those who have a real illness, limitation, but of a person who can't work because they weigh 400 pounds and do NOTHING about it but collect welfare and get fatter.
I do NOT, know how many, or much, fits under that umbrella, but it should be obvious, AND, a start.
Smokers, druggies, etc, should NOT get supplemental income, or medical care UNLESS, they participate in programs to really FIX them and to stop the cycle of dependency.
To continue to enable folks who just don't "pull the wagon" is wrong, plain and simple.
Not to mention it takes the focus off of real repair and needs.
Lets promote things that pay our society dividends and befits, for a change, what have we got to lose.....
This demagoguery of "tuff love" is only using them to advance yourself, at a great harm to our nation.

Why not buy medicines from another source, if ours are too much?
It really doesn't seem like it should be that hard to design a system, well, unless you are trying to protect your campaign donors.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 07/18/17 at 09:11:19

I do NOT, know how many, or much, fits under that umbrella, but it should be obvious, AND, a start.

Unless you're using a Beach umbrella, you can't even get all of a 400 pounder under an umbrella.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/18/17 at 09:26:40

raydawg wrote on 07/18/17 at 09:07:48:
What use to work before all of this?

Seems too many folks are trying to get rich off of medicine perhaps.

Agreed.

Why does it cost so much money to become a doctor?

For-profit college.  The mentality that "everyone should go to college".  The lack of Tort reform.

Seems we could treat medicine like we do other social services perhaps.
Why can't we have a system like pretty much everything else is in this country.......
One that provides basic services, not breast implants, etc, but basic coverage and ER care.

(medicare for all)

Then private coverage at a cost for those who want it, AND, can afford it?
Seems trying to address the issue with one size fits all under the banner of fairness, isn't going to work.
Give those on the "bottom" a chance, however, to better themselves through school, etc, IF.....they will only apply themselves.

I am not talking those who have a real illness, limitation, but of a person who can't work because they weigh 400 pounds and do NOTHING about it but collect welfare and get fatter.

Means testing.

Smokers, druggies, etc, should NOT get supplemental income, or medical care UNLESS, they participate in programs to really FIX them and to stop the cycle of dependency.
To continue to enable folks who just don't "pull the wagon" is wrong, plain and simple.
Not to mention it takes the focus off of real repair and needs.
Lets promote things that pay our society dividends and befits, for a change, what have we got to lose.....
This demagoguery of "tuff love" is only using them to advance yourself, at a great harm to our nation.

Why not buy medicines from another source, if ours are too much?

Good point - maybe we scold (read - tax the crap out of) the manufacturers that raise their prices by 1700% in one year for no reason.

It really doesn't seem like it should be that hard to design a system, well, unless you are trying to protect your campaign donors.

Very true - medicare for all is totally viable.  But you know who hates that - insurance companies.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 07/18/17 at 10:22:05

Couple questions, how much you figger it would cost to get a single payer?
What kind of out of pocket are we looking at.....NOTHING is free, unless you drop out and become a parasite.
What about malpractice?

I am too pay for your sex change, why?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/18/17 at 10:31:59

Make it free and people will be in the emergency room for a bandaid.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/18/17 at 10:40:21

raydawg wrote on 07/18/17 at 10:22:05:
Couple questions, how much you figger it would cost to get a single payer?

(from Bernie)
THE PLAN WOULD BE FULLY PAID FOR BY:
A 6.2 percent income-based health care premium paid by employers.
Revenue raised: $630 billion per year.

A 2.2 percent income-based premium paid by households.
Revenue raised: $210 billion per year.This year, a family of four taking the standard deduction can have income up to $28,800 and not pay this tax under this plan.A family of four making $50,000 a year taking the standard deduction would only pay $466 this year.

Progressive income tax rates.
Revenue raised: $110 billion a year.Under this plan the marginal income tax rate would be:
37 percent on income between $250,000 and $500,000.
43 percent on income between $500,000 and $2 million.
48 percent on income between $2 million and $10 million. (In 2013, only 113,000 households, the top 0.08 percent of taxpayers, had income between $2 million and $10 million.)
52 percent on income above $10 million. (In 2013, only 13,000 households, just 0.01 percent of taxpayers, had income exceeding $10 million.)

What kind of out of pocket are we looking at.....NOTHING is free, unless you drop out and become a parasite.

Paid for by above.

What about malpractice?

Not addressed, but still viable - physicians would still be held responsible for care.

I am too pay for your sex change, why?  

No, I don't think so - unless it was somehow "medically necessary". Right now, in some states It can be considered that... I don't agree.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 07/18/17 at 10:49:25

What mechanism creates the wealth that pays for it?
Daddy can't tax junior's allowance and pay the bills. With America working from deficits in trade and going deeper and deeper into debt, just exactly how will it be paid for?
It's not like we are Libya and the income from oil will make our lives easier.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #14 - 07/18/17 at 14:05:46

The expansion of the "new technologies" and the wealth they generate.

The ever rising costs of medical treatment is in part due to the complexities of billing, coding, documentation etc.  50 yrs ago there was a MD, a Nurse and office person in most practices.  I counted 1 MD and 7 ancillary staff at the podiatrist I went to see yesterday. (ps- gout isn't worth having).  In office xray, medical history taker and inputer, nurse to review, MD to look at foot after reviewing x-ray etc etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:31:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Looking at healthcare.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.