Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bought a GoPro for bike, capturing family memories (Read 66 times)
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Bought a GoPro for bike, capturing family memories
07/11/17 at 00:05:22

So I bought a GoPro Hero 4 Black to record all my rides like a dashcam. I have never been a photogenic person and never really took photos or videos even at events. After buying my GoPro I found myself recording things and capturing things more often. Let me pre face this by saying a year ago my son fell in a pond and drowned for a little more than a minute until I could get to him. I had to give him CPR (I have alot of medical training) and treat him until paramedics arrived, I live way out in the sticks. So needless to say my son has been very weary of water since then, until the other day. https://youtu.be/DbOjjq-MStc

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Bought a GoPro for bike, capturing family memo
Reply #1 - 07/11/17 at 06:50:22

Cool! Glad you were able to be there in time to rescue your son and he is doing well!!!  

Good to see you encouraging him getting back in the water. Hopefully he will learn to swim naturally and have a safe respect for the water but be able to swim if he ever has another incident with water versus clamming up in fear and not swimming out.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/11/17 at 07:13:57

After what happened, seeing him in a pool says a lot.
He Trusts You.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/11/17 at 08:39:27

Well, that's a scary story.  Glad it all worked out well.  The action cameras are a lot of fun.  In the winter I review some of my rides and sometimes there is something interesting to see that I missed while riding.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #4 - 07/11/17 at 08:50:45

Yeah now that he will finally go in we can get him in actual swimming lessons. Which is really important since we have 2 ponds and a stream on our property. My wife was giving me grief about the camera at first like why do you need a $400 camera and such but after buying it and using it for things like this she loves it and knowing the camera can go anywhere I always grab it when we go out it was totally worth it.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 07/26/17 at 05:14:16

I bought a GoPro Hero5 over the 4th of July weekend.....the darn thing still has me whooped!  I was finally able to get the thing to pair with my Iphone after several hours - now it is being finicky about pairing without repeating the "pairing" process each time.

Taking video was pretty easy - downloading it has become a real chore.  I tried downloading it to my office computer, and it loaded very slowly and I ended up only with audio - no video.  It well could be that all of my computers just don't have modern enough software or the needed graphics.  Last night I used the "GoPro Plus" and downloaded to the Cloud and it took about 5 hours to download 15 minutes worth of video....now I don't know how to access it!

It may be that I just need a more modern computer to make the video download work.

This adventure is turning out to be incredibly tedious!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 07/26/17 at 07:12:00

Dave...maybe there is incriminating evidence on those videos that we don't yet know about, and the man upstairs is trying to tell you something  Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 07/26/17 at 07:20:25

There may be hope.....I just picked up my new laptop computer for the next employer - and they already loaded the GoPro program on it!

The computer also has a card slot in it - that should make things easier if I can't get the program to talk to the GoPro.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #8 - 07/31/17 at 10:58:22

That's great having your boy trust you to get back into the water. Takes lots of courage and trust to get back in.

I'm currently on my 2nd GoPro, since the first decided to take an unscheduled departure from my MTB  Embarrassed

I've used mine for recording video on the motorcycle, mountain bike, deer hunting, snowboarding, swimming, surfing, rafting and more. They are lots of fun to play with, I just dislike sitting down and trying to edit the videos to a manageable size/length that people would like to watch.

Here's a couple attempts of my video edits just for kicks...
MTB https://youtu.be/W4nwprOzerk
Kid's cars Slow-Mo https://youtu.be/7i_e4eg7i5Y
MC - Handlebars https://youtu.be/DYhhxscfVq0 (only excitement is the round a bout at around 1:10)
Rafting https://youtu.be/wbuhxr_I1D0

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 12:47:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bought a GoPro for bike, capturing family memories

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.