Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Stater wiring 3 yellow wires (Read 164 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Stater wiring 3 yellow wires
Reply #15 - 07/07/17 at 11:27:06

The cutting and splicing is really only necessary if you are installing a new "aftermarket" replacement.  They are somewhat generic and the wire looms aren't always correct for the LS650/S40.  It is easier to cut and splice the new wires into the old harness.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Generator-Stator-For-Suzuki-LS-650-Savage-1999-2000-2...

You shouldn't have to cut and splice anything if you are just removing or installing the left side engine cover.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 07/07/17 at 11:27:41

Now I know what to do if ever I have to pull one.
I'll cut them.
But, if I'm not sure about how to put something together I mark each place I cut. Here,yellow is yellow..
And Ol' Yeller has his legs, even If they aren't exactly where they were.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 07/07/17 at 12:34:18

Just did this.
didn't drain oil, tip the bike about 45° and no oil lost.
You will have to remove the kickstand or you'll have a real hard time removing the cover, which is another good reason to tip it.
removing the neg bat lead is for sissy's.
and the 3 yeller wires go thru a rubber block that pulls out of the cover.

This really isn't the deal you guys are making out of it.
Those 3 yeller wires are rectified to DC.
As long as you don't tie all 3 together and stick it up your tailpipe, it'll be fine.

WWW   IP Logged
DeadKings
YaBB Newbies

Single Thumper Fan

Portland Oregon
Reply #18 - 07/11/17 at 14:46:01

I apologise I haven't responded. For some reason I'm not getting email notification when I get a response like I did before .I clipped the wires because yes I have moved the battery under the frame just in front of the swing arm . Also moved the regulator rectifier. And most the other electronics under the seat in between the frame rales so that it has that whole open area under seat behind the motor. I ran most the wires the the backbone under the tank and int the frame as much as possible . While doing this I shortened and lenghthend some wires . And accidentally clipped those  wires while doing it . So to clarify it doesn't matter what yellow wire goes where ?  Lil confused at some of the response s . I only removed the cover to see if I can figure out where the wires go myself.  Just trying to button the last few things  to get this thing up and running again . And working on the lil bugs / tweaks I gotta make to get it how I want and have the best power / reliability  I can have  and be super versatile .  And looking to see where the difference will be in the 4 spd to the 5 spd . Thanks agian for your help and sorry about the delay in response I'll just try to check in on the post more often .

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #19 - 07/11/17 at 15:04:12

DeadKings wrote on 07/11/17 at 14:46:01:
So to clarify it doesn't matter what yellow wire goes where ?  Lil confused at some of the response s .

Doesn't matter

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:24:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stater wiring 3 yellow wires