Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Newby with a 'special' S40 (Read 362 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Newby with a 'special' S40
Reply #30 - 07/06/17 at 14:30:23

Acidrich , the carb is tuned lean from the factory, and runs leaner from about 1000 ft down to sea level. using an after market filter sends it leaner yet. You should probable rejet if you pipes bluing badly,and maybe adjust your mixture screw first.and do the spacer mod,( It's in the tech. section) then maybe up a size or two on the main jet ?

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Acidrich
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 07/06/17 at 15:17:50

batman wrote on 07/06/17 at 14:30:23:
Acidrich , the carb is tuned lean from the factory, and runs leaner from about 1000 ft down to sea level. using an after market filter sends it leaner yet. You should probable rejet if you pipes bluing badly,and maybe adjust your mixture screw first.and do the spacer mod,( It's in the tech. section) then maybe up a size or two on the main jet ?

Cheers Mr Batman,
It's going on it's first long run tomorrow from Birmingham to sunny  Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire. I'm fully expecting something to go wrong but fingers crossed.....
I've oiled the filter and made an aluminium surround to choke it off a bit so that may help.
There's a slight wisp of smoke when stationary from somewhere above the head so I've re torqued the head bolts but can't see any oil.....?
I'll be asking a few more questions no doubt but thanks for all the info. Smiley

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #32 - 07/06/17 at 20:24:50

Sorry can't tell much from your pic. Smoke -breather hose off the top of the head? / the bolt in place that held the front of the chrome head cover on the left side?(just in front of the compression release) it also holds the head cover down ,it needs to be there.Could also be the rubber headplug leak ,in the top of the cavity next to the exhaust header. It could be the two head bolts dead center front and back that go from the head down to the cylinder, they have been known to weep ,that can usually be cured with a bit of RTV and a retorque. Just keep an eye on your oil level ,and enjoy the ride!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:16:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newby with a 'special' S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.