Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RYCA build controls quick question (Read 217 times)
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Re: RYCA build controls quick question
Reply #15 - 03/18/19 at 14:13:19

I've got a related question about the RYCA rearsets - I'm working on fabricating my own brackets, but when I look at the bike, the clearance between the belt and frame where the RYCA bracket mounts is darn near nonexistent. With the RYCA version, does the belt-side bit mount inside or outside the frame, or is there some other voodoo that occurs?

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #16 - 03/18/19 at 18:09:10

I think near under the swingarm pivot point.  At least thats where I did mine, I think its the same as theirs.

I had been planning making some dirt bike peg setups for those running the scrambler setup, just havent had time to get them completed.

ls650-14.JPG
WWW   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 03/19/19 at 05:27:54

ghryx wrote on 03/18/19 at 14:13:19:
I've got a related question about the RYCA rearsets - I'm working on fabricating my own brackets, but when I look at the bike, the clearance between the belt and frame where the RYCA bracket mounts is darn near nonexistent. With the RYCA version, does the belt-side bit mount inside or outside the frame, or is there some other voodoo that occurs?
---------------------------

My plates mount on the outside of the frame and I believe the RYCA mount does too.  Look at the second page of the mid control thread to see close up pictures.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1487785879/15

Also, I think the RYCA adapter is worth the money considering the amount of time it will save you.

IP Logged
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Reply #18 - 03/19/19 at 22:46:39

Thanks folks, that's super helpful.  I just got certified on the water jet table at my local Maker's Space, this bracket will be a breeze to make with that and a little welding.  Seeing a clear picture of how the RYCA mount fits was the clincher. For some reason I was having a helluva a time finding a good shot from the belt side.  I'll keep ya posted!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #19 - 03/20/19 at 05:20:30

Nice.  Just trace your battery mounts and cut.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 05:56:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RYCA build controls quick question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.