Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bye bye my little gal.,,,, (Read 121 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Bye bye my little gal.,,,,
06/30/17 at 10:03:06

Life changes, and so does circumstance.....
Adjust, or not, you might not like your choices, however, that does NOT remove the fact you have a choice...,.

I was informed this morning that myself, and a whole lotta folk, will be moved to a different facility.
It is a rather long commute from my home, and I will still need to use the ferry.
But it's to far to ride the savage beast.
And I won't buy a bigger bike for I am on the threshold of retirement.

I will weigh my options, retire now, or in 6 months, or 1 year and 4 months, to get all my entitled benefits.
None of those options will include keeping the gal in my stall.
I will sell her  Embarrassed

Funny, how you have this magic thought of making it to retirement, it keeps you going, focused.....
But on its doorstep, it looks different.
As I realize I have no real idea of what to expect, or more important, how I will feel, as what I used for worth and motivation, will no longer be part of a deciding factor in my life......

Oh well, I see a new opportunity awaits, I will with my best spirit venture forth into this unknown chapter in my life

I am sure I will be looking in, I just won't be a member in full standing  Grin

You guys have been great, thanks!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Bye bye my little gal.,,,,
Reply #1 - 06/30/17 at 10:26:07

Raydawg, you will be missed. I can see retirement for myself in another 6 years or so. My intention, God willing, is to ride more once retired. Having said that, I must admit that the idea of retirement is scary. The idea of not having a set schedule, the idea of not having the accustomed to interactions, the idea that we are no longer young. I wish you the best and a long, long life to enjoy it all.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 06/30/17 at 11:41:52

You might as well hold it till you know how you're getting there.
You might find a carpool/bus/train and need a way to get there.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 06/30/17 at 13:33:19

Raydawg:

Sorry to hear that your workplace is suddenly out of reach by motorcycle.

I have "semi-retirement" about 6 months away, and like Springman I anticipate that I will be able to increase my riding.  My "part time" job will provide me a car to use while I am on the job - so I will be able to ride the bike to work as I won't need to make inspections in my own car.  I will also be able to get more of my chores done at home, and that will allow more time to ride.

It sure would be nice if you could keep your bike for doing errands and going on fun rides.  The old girl most likely won't sell for a lot of cash - so it won't be all that expensive to keep.  I seem to remember your wife isn't really all that fond of you being on two wheels - so maybe selling the bike is keeping a commitment you made to her.

I hate to see anyone give up riding.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 06/30/17 at 14:50:28

Thanks guys.
It's not the money, it's is my wife's peace of mind.
Thankfully I have lots of other interest to keep me satisfied.
I am so blessed just to wander out back of the house, or down to the beach, and I am steep in the elements that riding often brings when you escape the confines of the city.
I have three watercraft, and only one gets used, it's not right, I will sell two so they can bring joy to others, as the bike. If I find the right person that could benefit from having the bike, I will practically give it to them.

I appreciate what you guys say, I do, but I think your love and commitment to riding is deeper than mine  Smiley

« Last Edit: 06/30/17 at 16:37:50 by raydawg »  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #5 - 06/30/17 at 16:09:16

Retirement is great Ray. Embrace it, don't fear it  Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 06/30/17 at 16:42:15

Papa Bear wrote on 06/30/17 at 16:09:16:
Retirement is great Ray. Embrace it, don't fear it  Wink

Thanks papa.....
I know I will, I really do.
I can already see my book getting the attention it needs, and to really help in my wife's online business....
I have shown you her work, I think, it sells all over the world.
If I can give her more free time to create more of her stuff, well, the biggest compliant we hear is that folks are disappointed because they sell so fast, and they live in different time zones than we do, when we list them, that they miss a chance to buy them.

That is a good thing, but untapped resources too, a bad thing

IP Logged
Hamman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/30/17 at 21:01:53

I am by no means close to retirement, but I quite a full time job I had gone to school for and worked there for almost 10 years. It was hard to leave and not having a set schedule after becoming self employed. You definitely are able to have more "you" time and really go after what it is you want/need to do while you can! If giving up the saddle for a bit is what is best, do what you need to do my friend! The community here is has been more than helpful in many ways then motorcycles. Tons of great minds here for sure  Wink

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #8 - 07/04/17 at 04:38:06

The people who don't do well in retirement are the ones that have no outside interests,the JOB was their whole life and when it ended they had no life ! I'd keep the bike ,at least for a while, you might like a local ride once in a while ,just to clear the cob webs.I think the wife would understand.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #9 - 07/04/17 at 04:51:49

I retired, two and a half years before I reached NZ pension age. I won't say I've used the last five plus years that constructively, but I've never regretted my decision. Who knows, you may ride again one day.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #10 - 07/05/17 at 23:55:26

Retired, rented a garage, bought 4 bikes, sold 1, still kickin".  Cool  Embrace the future!!!!!! Cheers!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:38:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bye bye my little gal.,,,,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.