Send Topic Print
FU Photobucket (Read 61 times)
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
FU Photobucket
06/30/17 at 05:49:28

Today I get an email from photobucket saying "we see that you are using photobucket to host web photos. Please upgrade your account to continue using the site. So I figure "OK, I've enjoyed a decade of free service, I'll pay for hosting". That was until I saw how much they wanted...

$40 per month! $40 per month? FU Photobucket!

Does anybody know of another service?

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: FU Photobucket
Reply #1 - 06/30/17 at 06:09:15

I have been using www.tinypic.com

They have a bunch of advertising that really slows down my home computer....the ads have a lot of motion and sound and it overloads my internet service, and sometimes that causes me trouble when posting from home.

It is a bit scary to host photos on any of these "free" sites....as there most likely will come a day when the photo links are all gone, and the entire thread will become virtually worthless.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
rich8363

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boynton Beach FL
Reply #2 - 06/30/17 at 06:25:42

I got the same email from PB.
I'm not giving them any money. I guess all my post will no longer have pictures. Sorry guys.  Angry

WWW   IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #3 - 06/30/17 at 10:16:06

Dave wrote on 06/30/17 at 06:09:15:
They have a bunch of advertising that really slows down my home computer....the ads have a lot of motion and sound and it overloads my internet service, and sometimes that causes me trouble when posting from home.

I'd advise getting an ad blocker for your web browser. If you're using Firefox or Chrome, I'd get uBlock origin or Adblock Plus. I use uBlock Origin since the Adblock developer will allow people to get on his whitelists if they pay him. If you're using IE, you're only choice is Adblock Plus. I disable the blocker on the sites I support like this one.  Smiley

For picture hosting, you might want to look into Imgur or even Google Photos.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #4 - 06/30/17 at 10:29:32

If you have alot of photos, and projects to share, another option is to buy a Domain name and hosting, and make your own WordPress site. It's often only a few bucks a month and you then have total control over what you present and how.

There is a learning curve involved but it is possible for even a complete beginner to get the hang of it, with a bit of research before hand. WordPress is a lot like using a word processor and there are thousands of free plugins and templates for things like photo galleries. There are also thousands of tutorials etc on setting up the site and editing it.

Even better, if you know someone who is a little computer savvy who can help you set it up. Using it once it's set up is really easy.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 06:51:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › FU Photobucket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.