86 tail light help (Read 46 times)
War Horse
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

86 tail light help
06/29/17 at 17:16:12

Hi All
Unable to post pics at present, purchased 86 model, origional family n condition, have been looking for taillight as on bike, something didnt seem right, contacted owners daughter and she believes tail light was changed, looking at most Suzuki Savage pics shows rear guard coming out basically horizontal, the one on my bike followes rear tyre down, which means if i order licence plate bracket, i dont believe will fit, has anyone an 86 model with similar rear guard that will enlighten me as to which taillight and license plate bracket was fitted, thanks for any help

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: 86 tail light help
Reply #1 - 06/29/17 at 18:42:59

Tail light is mounted on top of fender and lic plate bracket & light mounted under fender. Hope that helps.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
War Horse
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/29/17 at 20:58:53

There in lies the problem, cannot post pic for week, rear guard follows tyre down, I believe the rear guard is origional even though it differs from most images, it is red candy or flake and matches the rest of bike, is it possible being the first model that they used guard from GS650 or similar model of that year which would have different license plate bracket possibly combined with taillight

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 06/30/17 at 03:55:56

We really can't diagnose what you have....without a photo.

When you don't know how things go together or where pieces belong, it is really helpful to look at the online parts diagrams.

Rear Fender:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1399394334

Tail Light, License Light, Reflector:
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/1986-suzuki-ls650-savage-ls650f/o/m147937...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:28:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 86 tail light help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.