Raptor fuel petcock (Read 66 times)
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Raptor fuel petcock
06/27/17 at 16:22:53

Hello all,

Have had the Raptor fuel petcock installed for about 3 tank fulls now. No noticeable differance, but except maybe in my head!! But to me it seems the midrange pulls a little bit stronger? But probably just in my head! But at least I know the vacum operation unit is GONE! I purchased a vacum plug assortment the same time on amazon... total petcock, vac plug asst. Set me back a WHOPPING 29 BUCKS  give or take! $$$ well spent in my opinion!
OOh the same time I converted to ethenol FREE 91 octane gas also. I have not checked ACTUAL mpg, but I do go further between fill ups! So if it's available in your area, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Mike06/27/17 at 16:21:05

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Raptor fuel petcock
Reply #1 - 06/28/17 at 01:58:26

The fuel is more likely to be the reason you feel more power.  Ethanol and gasoline don't burn at the same fuel/air mixture - and it requires a bit more E10 for a proper fuel/air mix.  Fuel injected engines can adjust for the difference - carbs can't.  By switching to pure gasoline you have provided a fuel/air ratio that evidently is better in your midrange - and that would indicate your engine is running just a bit lean in the midrange, and you should raise your slide needle to provide a richer fuel mixture.

I do believe the jetting on the stock Savage was most likely set up for pure gasoline....although the later changes in jetting may have been done to adapt for the more available E10.

Your TEV valve may also be more functional with the pure gasoline, and you may notice the back will backfire less on deceleration.

Unfortunately in my area there are no gas stations that offer pure gasoline - except some of the Marina's have it for use in boats.

AFratio.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:08:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor fuel petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.