Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I joined the crash club.....dang! (Read 233 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I joined the crash club.....dang!
Reply #30 - 06/21/17 at 22:53:45

springman wrote on 06/21/17 at 22:01:40:
No offense taken Ruttly. I will hit 60 this year and as much as I hate to admit it, the years have definitely had their effect on my.

Memory?

I liked your story though. It would appear you are a much more accomplished rider than myself. I feel I would have fared much worse in your situation. So thanks for the riding tips and thanks for the pain killer tips! Grin

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #31 - 06/22/17 at 04:11:56

The thing I have to reign in is that, slower is better....
Not sure why, but we get in a hurry riding.
Its like eating to fast or just a wham, bam, thank you mame, sex romp....
OK, that might be a bad comparison  Grin

But slow down, enjoy it.
Who ever said pushing it was better?
More macho?
What?

If I would have waited on the next opening, this post/tread would have never been spawned.

Whats the rush?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 06/22/17 at 04:57:12

When I am riding the motorcycle I see that a lot of folks pull up to the STOP signs and never really come to a stop and look - they take a quick glance up the road......and that is one of the things that is really dangerous for motorcycles as those glances don't always allow the drivers to see the small motorcycle and rider coming.

Yesterday on the way to work I just stayed in the left lane - the speed limit is 55 mph and most folks drive 60 mph....and that is fast enough.  There was a fellow in a huge diesel pickup that felt he needed to be going faster, and he was getting right behind folks in an attempt to intimidate them to speed up or change lanes, then when he got an opening he would swerve to the other lane and pass....but after a few car lengths there were other cars blocking his progress.  In the 4 miles we were on that road he never got far enough ahead that I couldn't see him, and at the traffic lights I generally caught up to him.  All of his excitement and rude behavior never got him any significant progress.

I am sure I had a much more relaxed and safer drive to work than he did.......and I find that I am becoming a much more relaxed driver as I age.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #33 - 06/22/17 at 05:13:12

Dave, that is so key to driving in traffic areas.
I never tailgate, I try not to use my brake in stop and go traffic.
This behavior is what causes traffic jams for folk are reacting to brake lights, a domino effect, if you will.

But selfishness is just too prevelant in life, and its extends itself through many actions I am afraid, under many different causes and effects  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 06/22/17 at 05:49:50

Here in Colorado Springs, the speed limits are ignored, by & large. In my car, I keep to the speed limit, but on the S40 I "go with the flow." Otherwise,  I'd be like a rock in a rushing river....and a vulnerable rock, at that!

Dave, I've seen many of the "street racers," car & bike, swerving between lanes...and find them only 2-3 cars ahead of me at the next red light...ahhh, "What fools these mortals be..."

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #35 - 06/22/17 at 08:19:09

Dang! You got me JOG!! Grin  I actually meant to say "me". But yeah, memory has been affected also.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 06/22/17 at 08:37:04

That's a good thing. When I continue to harass you, you'll think every event is the first time and you won't get mad.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:40:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › I joined the crash club.....dang!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.