Homeboy turf...... (Read 63 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Homeboy turf......
06/17/17 at 21:16:19

Golly, maybe Trump could just buy the state......
Then sell it to Russia  Grin

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/could-illinois-be-the-first-state-to-file-for-ban...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Homeboy turf......
Reply #1 - 06/18/17 at 15:11:51

How are things in the Land of Lincoln?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-17/illinois-state-official-we-are-massi...

I know quite a few people from Illinois and they all say the same thing.  It is not the state, it is Chicago.  What say you T&T?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 06/18/17 at 16:44:11

Quote:
 It is not the state, it is Chicago.

Actually it's just the abject economic stupidity of believing that you can spend more money than you have, and finance that spending by borrowing more money that you have no hope of ever paying back.

Chicago, Illinois, The United States, He*l, the whole friggin world, and an absolutely mind boggling number of people everywhere that somehow believe that simple arithmetic is "relative" instead of unforgiving.

This sh*t cannot, and will not, go on forever.

Puerto Rico,Illinois, California, New Jersey,New York, Connecticut ... dominoes ....    

« Last Edit: 06/18/17 at 18:24:30 by oldNslow »  
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/18/17 at 18:30:07

oldNslow wrote on 06/18/17 at 16:44:11:
Quote:
 It is not the state, it is Chicago.

Actually it's just the abject economic stupidity of believing that you can spend more money than you have, and finance that spending by borrowing more money that you have no hope of ever paying back.

Chicago, Illinois, The United States, He*l, the whole friggin world, and an absolutely mind boggling number of people everywhere that somehow believe that simple arithmetic is "relative" instead of unforgiving.

This sh*t cannot, and will not, go on forever.

Puerto Rico,Illinois, California, New Jersey,New York, Connecticut ... dominoes ....    

My daughter called me this morning, from California....
She said, all her extended Mexican family members ( her husband side ) are moving back to Mexico, because California is just too F'ed up  Grin

I jest, sorta.....
Its all because the repubs don't pay their fair share, huh  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 06/18/17 at 18:32:22

Well  Lots of,  ’Snowflakes’, say:

“Spend your way out of Debt,
    It will Work”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/18/17 at 19:06:18

MnSpring wrote on 06/18/17 at 18:32:22:
Well  Lots of,  ’Snowflakes’, say:

“Spend your way out of Debt,
    It will Work”

Trickle up misery  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/19/17 at 04:57:03

If there's a state that should split up into two separate ones more than Illinois, don't know which one it could be. Which is too bad because Chicago is a great town, minus a dozen or so zip codes. I travel to Chicago often, half the tome flyong the other half driving from St Louis. I-55 and I-57 north seem to be  littered with patrol cars racking up tickets this past uear.  Anything to boost revenue. Will be interesting to see where they rank in ticket revenue rankings next year.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 06/19/17 at 06:11:07

Quote:
If there's a state that should split up into two separate ones more than Illinois, don't know which one it could be.

I do. New York. Everything West of Albany except for the Northeastern part of the state north of the NYS Thruway should be a separate state. That way when New York City goes tits-up it won't be as likely to take the rest of us out with it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/19/17 at 08:22:30

yea, good point, I agree with you.
NYC area vs everyplace else.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/19/17 at 08:53:01

It's gotten so bad here, the lotteries are considering pulling out.

How effing sad is that?

Well, when you have lifetime politicians that do pretty much nothing - madigan - and then you throw in a republican governor (whom I voted for -
gasp!) that has been terribly ineffective, and in some ways worse than his predecessor... something's got to give.

Despite what some suggest - it's not Chicago's fault.  A quick look at our skyline with all the construction cranes and another look online to see the revenue and jobs growth since 2008 tells the story.

That being said - our mayor rham has made the political climate toxic.  The aldermen for the city are, for the most part, rubber stamps for him (mine takes exception, being a republican and NOT being a neo-con.  Who, incidentally, I met in person and voted for - gasp!).  What's worse is that the mayor has failed miserably with CPS.  Mismanagement is an understatement.  However, with the possibility of public school board elections in the future, rham (and his successors) will no longer have a hand in picking their own board.

Whether the state wants to admit it or not - the economy outside Chicago is what's really dragging down Illinois.  The establishment dems in Springfield have all but spent us into bankruptcy.  The establishment repubs there have done nothing to help the situation, only coddle their own agenda.  There are very few in our house that represent the people...  Truly sad state of affairs (unintentional pun).

Like I've said in other posts - 2018 will see much change.  The toilet will be flushed and many of the big pieces of poo will be gone.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 06/19/17 at 10:49:07

The toilet will be flushed and many of the big pieces of poo will be gone.

As exciting as that sounds, I've seen power reversal and old People gone, but no real Change in policy.
It's like the People get sick of the same old stuff, and vote the bums out who are wrong headed and corrupt, and the New Guys in town go in, see the gravy train and climb aboard.
The Tea Party new guys accomplished what?
Why, Ohhh WHY is that disgusting POS McCain still in office?

Having a school board appointed by the mayor Reeks of RICO violations. Especially That one. You guys are getting it Rahmed to ya,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/19/17 at 11:00:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/19/17 at 10:49:07:
The toilet will be flushed and many of the big pieces of poo will be gone.

As exciting as that sounds, I've seen power reversal and old People gone, but no real Change in policy.
It's like the People get sick of the same old stuff, and vote the bums out who are wrong headed and corrupt, and the New Guys in town go in, see the gravy train and climb aboard.
The Tea Party new guys accomplished what?
Why, Ohhh WHY is that disgusting POS McCain still in office?

Having a school board appointed by the mayor Reeks of RICO violations. Especially That one. You guys are getting it Rahmed to ya,,

You're right - however - this is NOT the past.  The sheer amount of information and access is orders of magnitude greater than at anytime in our history.

The reason the "machine" has gone on this long is that most everyone was ignorant to it.  Well, no more.  We're seeing better turnout locally in my ward.  More young families (and younger people in general) are armed with better information.

It's not going to change overnight, but rest assured, it will change.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/19/17 at 12:09:13

I'm totally rooting for you to be right,
But, and I'm talking about a Big But here,,
We've had transcripts and videos of promises for decades.
Even when Faced with Incontrovertible Fact, they will straight faced Deny they said what they said ..
I'm not typing what I watched completely, but After our lying representatives were Told they passed legislation that the people didn't want, and that was true in the overwhelming majority of the country, they didn't go repeal it.
And NAFTA was shoved down our throats against the wishes of everyone with a grasp of reality, with the comforting refrain
We KNOW most of you are against this, but Trust Us, you'll Thank us later.

I would Dearly LOVE the opportunity to Personally THANK each and every jakkass involved in it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 22:18:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Homeboy turf......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.