Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: MM's Farm Trip
Reply #75 - 08/14/17 at 04:52:13

You know you are getting old when .................

It takes a coordinated effort to rack the slide all the way back on your customized pistols ......

Shocked   .... wtf??? ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #76 - 08/14/17 at 07:47:18

Yea OldFeller ,   I went to 22LR on my autos  They're easier to slide  Wink  

I've got patio chairs for ya Springman !  Wink  four of em , plus a picknick table on the patio that seats 8 normal people or 6 sloppy people !  Wink

If ya ain't to sloppy the wife will let ya come in the house !  Wink
We got one of them big blue and white coolers that comes with wheel , I can move it to the patio too.  

-----------------------

« Last Edit: 08/14/17 at 21:31:00 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #77 - 08/14/17 at 08:04:48

So are we sloppy or neat ?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #78 - 08/14/17 at 08:17:30

Roast chicken is intended to be eaten with the fingers .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #79 - 08/14/17 at 08:30:59

Sounds like we might be taking our meals on the patio boys !   Grin ,  

There is a laundry sink by the back door to kinda wash the BBQ Sauce off on our way inside when we feel the indoors need.    Wink

I'm sure everything will work out just fine , there is also one of them little 4 seat tables on the patio .   Cool    heck there is even a 2 seat table up on the back porch ! .   but I'm not sitting at it with nobody but the wife !   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #80 - 08/14/17 at 13:52:54

I wanna watch MM, Lancer and Dave eating their Roasted Wings with a fork and a knife .....

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #81 - 08/14/17 at 18:01:22

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/14/17 at 13:52:54:

I wanna watch MM, Lancer and Dave eating their Roasted Wings with a fork and a knife .....

Grin

Say what ?  Since when do I eat BBQ with an knife and fork ?

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #82 - 08/14/17 at 18:53:29

Oldfeller, you mean you don't eat them with a fork and knife?!? How uncouth!!! Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #83 - 08/14/17 at 21:36:55

so if we eat BQ Chicken w/fork and knife you want to watch through the window ?   Grin

how civilized  Roll Eyes

I might want to peek out the window to see how ya'll do it ?    Grin  Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #84 - 08/15/17 at 03:32:02

So, if we want AC, we can eat in AC comfort while using knife and fork?    Do we have to stick our little pinkies out like the Brits do while sipping on our beverage?

Me, I predict a crew of Bohemians standing out beside the grill, rudely tossing wing bones into an open trash can and licking on their fingers while they wait for the main meal to finish cooking.

Then they all become Ms. Manners once it is time to wash their paws and sit down inside and say grace.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #85 - 08/15/17 at 07:30:24

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/15/17 at 03:32:02:
Then they all become Ms. Manners once it is time to wash their paws and sit down inside and say grace.

Ya know... mike has 2 dogs... waste not, want not.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #86 - 08/15/17 at 07:41:15

, rudely tossing wing bones into an open trash can and licking on their fingers    

NO , NO , NO

That MYTH about chicken bones and dogs ain't true , its RAW bones you don't give dogs (they splinter).
The cooked bones you start dog fights with !  Wink  or get bitten by the dogs if you trash their goodies !  Grin

That reminds me ... "I'm not responsible for anyone's else behavior or anybody's injury's while ya'll are here"  in other words "Don't expect me or my insurance to be liable for anything"   .    "Enter  your own risk"   The dog only bites because he is farsighted and can't tell your finger from the snack your giving him , but he catches fairly well if ya toss something .  He eats anything so keep up with your gloves and such !  Roll Eyes

And NO tossing each other at the dog !  Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #87 - 08/16/17 at 12:17:23

Well, heard several of my co-workers discussing their cancelled vacation days, so I went to Paycom and checked on my already pre-approved vacation and found half of it had disappeared.  

I have asked the WTF question, saying I had money invested in hotel reservations and need to know what is going on.   Getting the big silence, so that means the vacation was cut by Admin and my immediate supervisors can't say what or why 'cause they simply don't know.

It all revolves around low enrollment and cut back hours and Admin not approving the hiring on the 3 people we are missing at the moment.

Hard Reality is that everyone we have is working 50-60 hour weeks to cover the basic services we MUST PROVIDE.

Will repost as more becomes known.    Smells like we are in Limbo, not allowed to hire when it was needed to be done and now we are stuck behind the 8 ball for not having the people to do what the University needs in any sort of timely fashion.

=======================================

Got a terse reply from 3 levels up  ......  All vacation has been cancelled for Security until we get back up to manning.

As of right now I am out, sorry.

« Last Edit: 08/16/17 at 19:17:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #88 - 08/17/17 at 11:48:04

Sorry to hear that Oldfeller. I am just curious, they are paying you overtime for the hours in excess of 40 in on week, right? If so, those numskulls need to understand it is actually cheaper to just hire additional bodies. Good luck to you, amigo!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #89 - 08/17/17 at 12:20:27

Yep, we ARE getting paid for the overtime.   What is wearing is that it is a direct result of a policy that was supposed to save the University money, but is going to bust folks butts and in the end is going to wind up costing more money in overtime and in paid vacation hours (which are darn well coming by golly).

And yes, we know that, but the liberal minded wizards running the show don't understand that at all.   It is a knee jerk sort of thing, which is all we get, a long series of knee jerks.

The top floor of a 3 story dorm is empty at this time -- enrollment is down that much.    By the time it all settles out, overall manning needs to decrease by about that same amount.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:29:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › MM's Farm Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.