Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: MM's Farm Trip
Reply #45 - 06/21/17 at 12:04:22

verslagen1 wrote on 06/21/17 at 07:42:21:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/20/17 at 23:38:41:

A Drifter is a homeless old fat vagabond Kawachunkie with wide wide deep really funky lookin' old Indian style fender wells .....   (it ain't a hurley nor an Indian, jest looks like it)

Ahhh... could you narrow it down a bit more?   Huh

....... really funky lookin' old Indian style fender wells .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #46 - 06/21/17 at 14:49:59

O K ...   Roll Eyes

I'll see if I can find ya some Barn-Yard eggs , nice and fresh w/extra goo in them ... but I don't have to watch !  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #47 - 06/27/17 at 12:29:58

I just told Steve (Hammer) that barring lousy weather I am definitely in for this trip and asked him if he wanted to join us. It is only about a 200 mile ride for him. He said to count him in. Grin

JOG, where are you on this trip? I would love to meet you. That goes for you too KennyG. Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #48 - 06/27/17 at 15:43:52

Gang has all responded, everyone is coming.  

Who else is on the travel path or close to it that we have mebbe forgotten ???

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION RIGHT UP TO THE GO DAY -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET UNTIL IT IS OVER.     I am still plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is really going plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following items left in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a firm date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12    MM,  Dave,  Lancer,  StewMills,  Verslagen1,  Hammer, Springman,  Oldfeller

REMEMBER to bring a folding chair and your hearing protection.

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 08/12/17 at 04:19:39 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #49 - 08/07/17 at 02:28:59

Reminder -- MM's Farm is 30 days out

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12    MM,  Dave,  Lancer,  StewMills,  Verslagen1,  Hammer, Springman,  Oldfeller,  JOG

REMEMBER to bring a folding chair and your hearing protection.

We will spend some time sitting around a grill and shooting a firearm or two.   If it rains, we move the firing line under the awnings and shoot and grill from there.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/september-weather/335696...

« Last Edit: 08/07/17 at 22:16:17 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #50 - 08/07/17 at 07:17:03

Are we planning rides on the 8, 9, $ 10th?
Lancer and I are planning on coming out and it takes a day to get there.
So we need to arrive the night before and leave the day after.
And I'm hoping for a day or two extra for extra lead tossing & riding.
So let us know how we can plan.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #51 - 08/07/17 at 09:26:07

Yep, we need to get Mike to extend the invite time if the span of days isn't big enough to fit in all the fun you wanna do.

Me, I am planning on bringing a reloader and stuff to make up some ammo after I discover which way I can best trick some super slow 50 cal powder into working best with some really heavy 7mm bullets.

Might have enough time make up some Swiss 7.5x55 for a K-31 if somebody can get the brass cleaned up and resized ahead of time and actually find the white .308 jacketed slugs I gave MM a while back.   If not I am bringing two bags of lubed lead sized as per specified "Like Mike likes" dimensions.

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 08/07/17 at 11:28:26 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #52 - 08/07/17 at 11:55:02

I might shoot something once or twice - but most likely will be sneaking off to ride a bunch (This rain shows up in this area when I get a chance to go ride!......July had nearly twice the normal amount of rain).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #53 - 08/07/17 at 17:31:17

Smiley

Guys , how about we call the weekend the 8th - 12th .   Huh

On Saturday there is the Bike Rally , including poker run , mid day entertainment , music in the evening .  

There are a lot of good rides in the area , its just "how far/long is/are folks good for ?"    

Leaving time for Wings on the grill might be the hard part !   Roll Eyes

we don't want to leave OldFeller alone with wings cooking  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #54 - 08/07/17 at 22:26:48

Marinated wings will also roast in a 350o oven in about a half an hour.   Big aluminum pan that I can bring does them all at once, then they can become "any time you want a snack out of the fridge" type food.   Given 5 days and 8 guys, I think they will all get eaten.

(probably gone by day #2 actually)

Ya got 2 spare bikes, so I will ride some and shoot some and snack some -- easy do vacation style.

Now, for the rest of you guys ...... Do you have some expended brass, new bullets and a set of reloading dies?   If so, I am pretty sure we can fix you up with some reloaded ammo if you are willing to exercise the lever.

Tell me the caliber we are talking about so I can check my stuff for dies and components.

« Last Edit: 08/08/17 at 04:03:59 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #55 - 08/08/17 at 01:14:55

Yee Haw

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #56 - 08/08/17 at 08:08:03

This is me practicing my oven cooking tricks in the big aluminum pan (so big it barely fits into the oven).

This is a half a bag of chicken leg quarters and drums -- I got two full bags of chicken wings to marinate for us.    Might make up a couple of tray fulls and a couple of meals (and some snacks for left overs).

IMG_20170808_110057783.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #57 - 08/08/17 at 21:00:46

OldFeller ,   wrote  :    Ya got 2 spare bikes, so I will ride some and shoot some and snack some -- easy do vacation style.  

I found out ... I can't be loaning my bike out ...  Embarrassed   All it would take would be some jerk pull out in front of ya and I'd be stuck with the bill for a car , your hospital bill , the jerks hospital bill , and be left with a tore-up bike and no insurance to cover any of it.     Don't sound very good to me.  Sorry , but that's how the deck is stacked.   Tongue

Tongue

You need to bring your bike so you'll have something to ride.   Heck , you could just fill your Barlounch up and ride for a week .   How comfortable is that bike ???    

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #58 - 08/08/17 at 23:33:25

You rode it at Kickstand, once the water gets warmed up it is very responsive and really very comfortable to ride.  

Jest the thing for a crip 'ol fart .....

But I am told it has a really bad exhaust smell when I am passing you from burning up the old gasoline that was stored in the side tanks.   And it makes some serious sparks when it drags on the frame cross piece in the tight stuff.

Grin   ..... hee hee, I keep telling 'em that and mebbe they will keep on believing me.

(beware ..... deadly flaming bean burrito farts)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=deadly+green+farts&view=detail&mid=78540...

« Last Edit: 08/09/17 at 02:57:56 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #59 - 08/09/17 at 00:19:36

So which bikes are the rest of you guys bringing?

Mike will be babying his new baby Guzzi along, I will be reclining in my well broken in black Barcalounger, you will be riding your ......

Roll Eyes

Mike, are you going to keep on killing all them sweet little innocent furry creatures wid your new buxom Sofia Loren motor scooter ???

..... she ain't a gonna lika dat .....

« Last Edit: 08/09/17 at 02:24:01 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:25:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › MM's Farm Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!