YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: MM's Farm Trip
Reply #120 - 09/06/17 at 01:29:23

MMRanch wrote on 09/05/17 at 18:34:59:
What about OldFeller ... ?    I've tried to call him without success .  

Dunno......he signed onto the forum yesterday - but no comment about his plans for the trip.

Oldfeller - You comin'? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #121 - 09/06/17 at 06:46:57

OldFeller called this morning .

The bad new is he can't get off work    Sad , But good that he still has a job !  Smiley

I understand that Student enrollment is down where he works but the same events have to have guards in place.   So , the cycle of "less straw but same number of bricks" has started.

I'm sorry but we don't get to have an OldFeller on this trip !   Sad  
That means somebody else has to cook the chicken !  Undecided

The weather couldn't look better ... not a chance of rain till next Tuesday (20%).    Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #122 - 09/06/17 at 08:23:36

The wifey seems to not want me to drive up, ride, and drive home in one day (I've done much longer day trips!). I may drive up Friday after work for the sleepover and Saturday riding. I'll keep you posted...

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #123 - 09/06/17 at 10:01:07

How about the drive up Friday, ride Saturday, and drive home early Sunday schedule? Wink

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #124 - 09/06/17 at 13:35:44

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/16/17 at 12:17:23:

Well, heard several of my co-workers discussing their cancelled vacation days, so I went to Paycom and checked on my already pre-approved vacation and found half of it had disappeared.  

I have asked the WTF question, saying I had money invested in hotel reservations and need to know what is going on.   Getting the big silence, so that means the vacation was cut by Admin and my immediate supervisors can't say what or why 'cause they simply don't know.

It all revolves around low enrollment and cut back hours and Admin not approving the hiring on the 3 people we are missing at the moment.

Hard Reality is that everyone we have is working 50-60 hour weeks to cover the basic services we MUST PROVIDE.

Will repost as more becomes known.    Smells like we are in Limbo, not allowed to hire when it was needed to be done and now we are stuck behind the 8 ball for not having the people to do what the University needs in any sort of timely fashion.

=======================================

Got a terse reply from 3 levels up  ......  All vacation has been cancelled for Security until we get back up to manning.

As of right now I am out, sorry.

Nothing has changed except a football game was declared for this upcoming weekend.  I am still working extra day (s) each week with no one allowed to take any vacation at all.    If you had scheduled vacation that was approved (me for one) then they issued pay instead of vacation.   Another member of security quit because they found a better job so this isn't going to be getting any better real quick.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #125 - 09/07/17 at 03:06:09

Michael and I are taking off this morning.  Well, I am up but Michael has not stirred yet.  I am wanting to leave by 7am at the latest.
It is a beautiful day for a drive.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #126 - 09/07/17 at 03:22:53

LANCER wrote on 09/07/17 at 03:06:09:
It is a beautiful day for a drive.

I think it is going to be a nice day for a ride as well - but the current 49 degrees has me a bit intimidated.  Those low temperatures make me shake more than the engine does!  I guess I have to dress warm, and put my rain gear on to keep the breeze out of my clothing until the sun warms things up a bit.

It is 6:15 here in KY and I am ready to get dressed and start packing up the bike - I don't want to leave until daylight arrives.

Oldfeller - Sorry your employer is so brutal in their treatment of their employees.  I can't imagine a modern day employer can get by with that kind of abuse.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #127 - 09/07/17 at 06:31:07

You guys travel safe!

It is looking like I will likely be heading up after work tomorrow to arrive around 10pm Central.  I'll get things confirmed tonight and offer a final status and ETA tomorrow.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 09/07/17 at 17:58:55

Irma

Rains bands start in SC/Georgia Sunday, the heavy rain stuff reaches MM's Monday afternoon/evening with normal rain bands arriving somewhat earlier.

Expect some lighter attendance at the motorcycle rally accordingly.   Folks will not have the weekend free to travel back south at all.

Sometimes hurricanes veer off when they hit land, hope this happens this time.

Rain gear, boys, rain gear.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #129 - 09/07/17 at 19:30:25

Someone PM me with MMs address so I know where I'm heading. Otherwise I'll come to Lynchburg and just go hand out at the Jack Daniels distillery all day and sample their product.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #130 - 09/07/17 at 22:43:42

Stewy , It's a dry county ! You must have a Jack Daniels Field Testers hat ! And maybe someone might give you a sip ! BYOB ! And a trailer full of PBR !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #131 - 09/08/17 at 07:12:30

Ruttly wrote on 09/07/17 at 22:43:42:
You must have a Jack Daniels Field Testers hat

Got one. It's called a Taurus Ultralite .38 Special Snubnose  Grin Grin Grin  Free drinks on me for the whole gang!

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #132 - 09/08/17 at 12:47:19

Riff Raff , White Trash , The bad element in society ! I knew there was a reason you are a honored member here !  Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #133 - 09/08/17 at 14:38:19

Ruttly wrote on 09/08/17 at 12:47:19:
Riff Raff , White Trash , The bad element in society ! I knew there was a reason you are a honored member here !  Grin Grin

...Heritage, not Hate Grin Grin Grin Grin

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #134 - 09/08/17 at 14:41:18

Ok gang...I'll be heading out for MM's Ranch here shortly. I'm avoiding Birmingham traffic and taking a more scenic route up 431 through Gadsden, etc.  Shorter distance but more small towns. Still hoping to get there around 10pm or shortly thereafter.  I have Dave's number if I run into any snags and need to connect with anyone directly.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:20:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › MM's Farm Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.