MM's Farm Trip (Read 1178 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: MM's Farm Trip
Reply #105 - 08/30/17 at 12:02:15

I hate to say I probably will not be able to make it anymore. Work is shut down until next Tuesday and I was planning on leaving on Wednesday. I do not believe one day back at work will be enough. I'll tell Steve that he is still welcome to go make a ruckus with ya'll.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #106 - 08/31/17 at 16:40:45

SpringMan ...

I was really wanting you to come visit ...  but - I still owe ya one then .  Sad

Your area has dominated the News for a week !     TV and talk Radio

Next is a bunch of Fund $$ Raisers for next week.    I understand ya'll are about out of Gas too , and Water --- but the Navy is on the way to make water for ya'll , think they are bringing it right DownTown for ya !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #107 - 09/02/17 at 20:02:32

Hey MM. I was really looking forward to this trip, but I'm afraid Harvey messed that up for me. That's OK though, I'll just have to make up for it sometime soon. You guys have fun and tell us about it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #108 - 09/04/17 at 09:00:45

MMRanch wrote on 09/01/17 at 21:21:03:
The Savage s'  are gathering for the Last Lynchburg Motor Cycle Rally ,  we all meeting at my house , yard , barn , and garage .   Pack like your staying at a campground and well find a place for ya .

Thursday ... earlybird arivials and 250yd balloon/2L water jug busting in the hay field or 100yd small bore balloon 1/2L water jug busting in the other field.  OR Iron spinner spinning in the back yard (hand-gun/22LR)

Friday ... camp set-up and settle in / Short (2hr) ride and light the grill before dark.

Saturday Rally day in Lynchburg ...   All you care to eat Breakfast at the Monic Lodge , Poker run , Music and Venders in the park all day or till we decide to take a ride somewhere  .

Sunday ... Breakfast at the local store , Church service at the park , then a nice long ride on a Sunday afternoon .

Monday back to the local store for a Breakfast run and Vote on Ride or Shoot.

Days and Events subject to change with the will of the majority.  Wink

MM.  Not sure yet if I am bringing the Honda or the Savage Cafe'.  If the weather is nice I might just pack up the Honda and ride it down....no trailer or car!

So far the weather looks really good.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lynchburg-tn/37352/september-weather/335696

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #109 - 09/04/17 at 12:59:25

The weather on our local channels looks GREAT !    If you bring the Honda I won't feel "Wrong" about ridding the Guzzi .   But its good to have a choice !  Wink

Who all is planning on getting here Thursday  and or Friday ...  

I'll put a plan together , There is enough to keep us going for a week or more .   Picking which items to implement is the hard part .  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #110 - 09/04/17 at 15:06:59

Michael and I will be there Thursday.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #111 - 09/05/17 at 05:44:36

It am almost certain I will be riding the Honda and bringing a one man tent with me.  I need to go look for a small cot or air mattress that packs well.....everything I have is too big to pack on a bike.

The weather looks good - Tuesday appears to be "iffy" for both Tennessee and Kentucky at this point, and I may be leaving Monday night if Tuesday ends up being wet for my ride home.

I am likely to sneak off and go riding during some of the shooting events, as I have had very little time to go riding this summer.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #112 - 09/05/17 at 06:51:09

Dave wrote on 09/05/17 at 05:44:36:
It am almost certain I will be riding the Honda and bringing a one man tent with me.  I need to go look for a small cot or air mattress that packs well.....everything I have is too big to pack on a bike.

The weather looks good - Tuesday appears to be "iffy" for both Tennessee and Kentucky at this point, and I may be leaving Monday night if Tuesday ends up being wet for my ride home.

I am likely to sneak off and go riding during some of the shooting events, as I have had very little time to go riding this summer.

Are you on the road yet ??
🍩. Hmm, love those chocolate covered cake donuts !  😁🏍

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #113 - 09/05/17 at 09:08:00

Look out world... here I come.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #114 - 09/05/17 at 10:02:29

Lancer:

Nope....I won't be leaving until Thursday morning.  Mapquest claims it is a 7 hour - 12 minute ride if I stay off the interstate...but that is likely to be more like 9 hours with fuel/foot stops, traffic, etc.  I probably won't get to MM's house until early evening on Thursday.

Did you see the message I posted in the Marketplace about the lower triple tree you offered to Armen?  I could use one if you have room to pack it!  I am going to make a Savage into a small touring bike that looks like a 60's era British bike.....that will be my ride when I reach geezerdom and can't ride a heavy bike anymore.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #115 - 09/05/17 at 12:35:35

Dave

I've got 4 of those military style cots , in bags (like folding chairs).   Checking them out before ya buy one won't cost ya nothing .  Wink    I've also got a twin air mattress and a 12 volt pump that plugs into the accessary outlet you can check out , it pack really well , I saw OldRider (he lives on) had one the year he rode his 300 up to Cruso and I thought it looked easy --- and it is !  Smiley  

So , I've got 4 cots and one spare room w/twin size bed , also the couch in the rock house , also 5 recliners in the living room .    Main thing is ... if ya want privacy the there is the rock house (two cots + one couch / ac / TV / wifi  / no rest-room .    If ya want the spare bedroom next to the rest-room ya going to have to deal with OldFeller.    Or there is always the Recliners in the Living room.  

It seem like every one is getting here  Thursday ,  Saturday = Rally day and afternoon ride , Sunday = nice long afternoon ride .  Friday might be our Short Scoot and Long Shoot Day ?

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #116 - 09/05/17 at 13:12:50

Hey gang. Sorry I haven't followed up on my status. My schedule lately has been hit or miss and have had some other time away dipping into my available "play days."

I was out some the previous two weeks and have another out of office appointment this week, so I am trying to not take additional time off from work this week.  We also have a family event that arose for this Sunday.

What I am working on right now is getting the wifey to let me come for an all days Saturday blowout. Meaning I will either come late Friday after work (about a 3.5 - 4 hour drive) or super early Saturday morning, hope to make the drive worth it by riding until my butt is raw and the sun goes down, and come home late Saturday evening.

I have some 'negotiating' to do so I'll keep you posted.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #117 - 09/05/17 at 13:55:24

MMRanch - I will look around a bit and see if I can find a good air mattress locally without spending too much money.  If I can't find something, it sounds like you can loan me a cot.  I do want to get something eventually that will pack easily on the bike.

STEWMILLS - If you need a "many miles" riding buddy.....I'm ready!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #118 - 09/05/17 at 15:46:21

MM, I've got a self inflating mattress, standard double size, that I will bring just in case.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #119 - 09/05/17 at 18:34:59

We won't need anymore sleeping stuff , If everybody brings a sleeping bag to use on a cot ... its all covered.  

What about OldFeller ... ?    I've tried to call him without success .  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:31:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › MM's Farm Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.